Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb
Thumbs down Chicken Nuggets have betrayed me

So first off, I apologize for being SUCH a friggen Debbie Downer lately. I feel like all I do is complain about being sick in one way or another.

But for real. Chicken nuggets from Wendy's, one of my all time favorite fast foods, have betrayed me. I went and got a combo (with an ice tea, which is delicious, so at least that's nice). French fries (and all things carbs) are all I want to eat the last few weeks, but I figured YAY! Chicken nuggets! I love chicken nuggets! WHOOHOO!!

I took one bite of 1 and wanted to hurl.
This little sprout better cool it in there. Momma Bear is TIRED of being sick all the time, and is REALLY tired of living on pretzels.

::sigh:: I just needed to vent. I'm having a very emotional day today (which is new for me, Jordan will be sooooo happy when he gets home tonight to find super-emo Col ). I feel like poo, I don't want to be at work, and I just want to curl up under my desk and sleep the rest of the day and still get paid somehow, LOL!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

sorry Colleen. Its no fun being so sick all of the time. Hope you start to get some relief soon!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM

profile gallery send pm

Sidenote: I just read the thread title in the main forum and burst out laughing. Melodramatic much Col? LOL!
Oy. Hormones.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't apologize for being a debbie downer. Did you SEE the threads I posted when I was pregnant? Crazy negative!

The sickness will get easier, I promise. Have you tried B Vitamins? The B Natal Pops are awesome... a bit pricey, but they are really good. They helped me a lot.

Hang in there, and HUGS!!! Hopefully you feel better soon.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL! Congratulations!! Hopefully, your 'blech' feeling will subside soon. I can totally remember how something like chicken nuggets would make me sick... anything fried.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Forget the proteins and stick with carbs. When you're in the 2nd trimester you'll start to crave the proteins and will make up whatever you lost from the 1st.

HUGS the first trimester sucks.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I still don't like Wendy's nuggets for that reason. I could eat the mess out of them before L.J....now...not so much.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:17 PM

profile gallery send pm

Oh that's so depressing Tracy!! LOL!!!

I know, I should have stuck with what I know is ok (aka just french fries). Although grilled cheese and fried egg sandwiches did well over the weekend (3 of each, LOL!). Going on vacation this week is gonna be interesting, lol. Phillip's Seafood Buffet is SO NOT HAPPENING.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It will get better in a few more weeks, Col. I know that doesn't make you feel better NOW, but it will. The second trimester is SO. MUCH. BETTER. You're pg enough to be cute and 'feel' pg, but can still function as a human being.

[The third trimester gets dicey again, especially the last month where you can't walk and have to sleep upright in a chair, but we won't worry abt that today, will we?!]

Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

LA's right.. it will get better. Hugs honey!!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
It will get better in a few more weeks, Col. I know that doesn't make you feel better NOW, but it will. The second trimester is SO. MUCH. BETTER. You're pg enough to be cute and 'feel' pg, but can still function as a human being.

[The third trimester gets dicey again, especially the last month where you can't walk and have to sleep upright in a chair, but we won't worry abt that today, will we?!]

I know, you're right. 3-4 more weeks of this (fingers crossed it goes away then anyway). I can do it. And then I will hopefully eat everything in sight. I've lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks! And, I don't even look that good for it! LOL! Depressing.
I'm totally ignoring the 3rd tri for now. If I think about being that huge and uncomfortable and all that, I'll def have a breakdown right now.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I had food aversions for all of both my pregnancies.

Know what really killed me? Ice cream.

I wanted it so badly & the taste made sick, sometimes the smell made me sick, depending on the flavor.

I could eat fried fish all day long though & I hated fried fish right up until I got pregnant.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't worry about the third trimester, I had three awesome ones. Little to no discomfort and I was not unhappy at all!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM

profile gallery send pm

What's funny is the DH recently made ground beef for dinner, and the smell made me sick.
The other night he had tacos. I made myself a grilled cheese, but once he made his taco I TOTALLY WANTED ONE, lol. I had 2 small bites of his, and that was it, I didn't want to tempt fate, lol.
The chicken nugget thing just really threw me for a loop, lol.

Alisa, I'm totally hoping for something like that.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

lol you poor thing..

i remember broccoli was my worst puke trigger.. ( everything made me vom, i had some major sickies but broccoli just made me angry! come on! at least it was something good for me i was trying to put in my body ) i hope you start feeling better soon!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ohh.. hoping it gets better for you soon.

with my 1st, I couldn't stand the smell of Subway...and can't eat it to this day (5 years later)
Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 PM

profile gallery send pm

I can't stop laughing at my title to this thread.

Thanks guys I'm so glad I can come here and vent and get support. You're the best
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Aww, feel better. I agree, B vitamins should help.

Not only will the sickness go away but so will having to pee every 5 minutes and the boob pain and summer heat will be over and cool weather will be here. Preggo in the Fall is fun!

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It will get better...but I well remember those long long days when I wanted to eat but NOTHING could make it past the nausea...or if I was able to get something down, up it would come a few minutes later.

Is your heartburn better? I had that awfully bad too and one thing that helped a lot was to keep a bottle of cherry mylanta in the fridge. I'd literally just drink it from the bottle lol..keeping it cold made for instant relief.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i did not eat chicken during either of my pregnancies and for at least a year after. just the thought of it made me gag. it was so upsetting. i love chicken.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hated the smell of Pinesol when I was pregnant, still don't like it. I remember how much it sucked to have issues like this while pregnant. Once I was craving nachos from Taco Johns, but my dh screwed them up. Forgot to add things I like and they so didn't meat my craving and I ended up being barely able to eat for days after that. Its weird what food does to you.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM

profile gallery send pm

The heartburn comes and goes Nikki. I'm keeping a bottle of tums in my purse, but only taking 2 if it gets really bad and stays that way for a while. I'm not a big fan of any kind of liquid medicine normally, so I'm avoiding mylanta or pepto or anything like that.

I'm just gonna stick to carbs until this passes. It's safer that way, lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Oh that's so depressing Tracy!! LOL!!!

I know, I should have stuck with what I know is ok (aka just french fries). Although grilled cheese and fried egg sandwiches did well over the weekend (3 of each, LOL!). Going on vacation this week is gonna be interesting, lol. Phillip's Seafood Buffet is SO NOT HAPPENING.
Col, just eat what you can keep down, and keeps you happy. Seriously. Forcing yourself to eat stuff because you normally like it isn't good, it can turn you forever from it! Really, just eat what you're craving. You'll be thankful!

When I was prego with Amelia, I had a horrible aversion to fruit of any kind. I force fed it to myself because it was healthy for me. I used to gag, so I put loads of cool whip on it LOL. Even now (she's almost 9!) I can barely eat a grape without wanting to barf.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

bwaaaaaaahahahahaha Col, your thread title has me DYING. I you. LOL
Old 07-25-2011, 04:06 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
Col, just eat what you can keep down, and keeps you happy. Seriously. Forcing yourself to eat stuff because you normally like it isn't good, it can turn you forever from it! Really, just eat what you're craving. You'll be thankful!

When I was prego with Amelia, I had a horrible aversion to fruit of any kind. I force fed it to myself because it was healthy for me. I used to gag, so I put loads of cool whip on it LOL. Even now (she's almost 9!) I can barely eat a grape without wanting to barf.
Oh I didn't force it. I had half of that one and threw the rest out, lol. I was totally excited to eat them, right until I bit into one. Worst. I'm def not trying to force things. Jordan's been making his own dinners for the last 3 weeks so I can just eat whatever will stay down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
bwaaaaaaahahahahaha Col, your thread title has me DYING. I you. LOL
Dude, I can't stop laughing at it either! I was CLEARLY in a state when I created the thread, lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
I'm not a big fan of any kind of liquid medicine normally, so I'm avoiding mylanta or pepto or anything like that.
This is good. Pepto isn't good during pregnancy anyway

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you start feeling better soon! Out of my four pregnancies, I only had morning sickness to the point of puking with my second....of all days for it to start was THANKSGIVING morning...I couldn't even enjoy my pumpkin pie and puked all the way "home"!! It was horrible!

Once you hit 12-14 weeks you will be feeling lots better!! Until then just nibble on what you can...I know I ate lots of waffles and lots of bland fruit like cantaloupe and watermelon.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Keep in mind the best part (only good part?) of the first trimester, Col:

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, AND EVERYONE HAS TO LET YOU.

Feel like eating watermelon for 4 days straight including forcing Hubs to go out to the store at 2 am two days in a row?! Awesome. Do it.

Feel like watching 15 episodes of 'Sex In The City' in your fugly pjs right in the middle of the living room forcing Hubs to cancel his Game Night plans with buds? Awesome. Do it.

Feel like crying whenever a cloud passes overhead because it reminds you of sheep and then you think of mutton? Awesome. Do it.

Feel like ignoring everyone's phone calls asking if you are okay and shutting the phone off completely when you hear your cousin's voicemail because her voice has suddenly become the most annoying noise on the planet? Awesome. Do it.

YOU HAVE THE POWER OF THE FULL UTERUS (FUTERUS?). DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WILL.

What are they going to do?? Complain?! Whine? Say no?!

You are carrying their future child/grandchild/other relation! You are growing a human being! You are bringing life to the world! RAWR!

This is a great time to tell someone to eff off, screw themselves, or bite you, btw. The Power of the Futerus always gives you full immunity rights to saying stupid mean crap to people.

Do whatever you want all the time. It's all good.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra, you are hilarious and so very right.

In the last week of my first pregnancy I woke dh up in the middle of night. Our conversation went something like this..

Me: I need you to go to the store and get me some ice cream.
Him: Are you seriously craving ice cream?
Me: No, but I feel like we won't have the complete pregnancy experience unless I send you out to the store once in the middle of the night.

He rolled over and went back to sleep.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra, your words are words of wisdom. You cracked me up, but it's so true. :-)

Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Feel like crying whenever a cloud passes overhead because it reminds you of sheep and then you think of mutton? Awesome. Do it.
This made me choke laughing.

I remember crying into my watermelon because the red juice it was leaking just seemed so bloody and I all I could eat was watermelon but eating it made me think of raw meat and it just made me want to get sick so I cried and cried and cried over the melon-blood.

Pregnancy makes people irrational.

And everything LeeAndra said is exactly true.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Ah...you'll see soon enough that it's all worth it. Even when you fall asleep sitting on the toilet because you're so tired.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Keep in mind the best part (only good part?) of the first trimester, Col:

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, AND EVERYONE HAS TO LET YOU.

Feel like eating watermelon for 4 days straight including forcing Hubs to go out to the store at 2 am two days in a row?! Awesome. Do it.

Feel like watching 15 episodes of 'Sex In The City' in your fugly pjs right in the middle of the living room forcing Hubs to cancel his Game Night plans with buds? Awesome. Do it.

Feel like ignoring everyone's phone calls asking if you are okay and shutting the phone off completely when you hear your cousin's voicemail because her voice has suddenly become the most annoying noise on the planet? Awesome. Do it.

YOU HAVE THE POWER OF THE FULL UTERUS (FUTERUS?). DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WILL.

What are they going to do?? Complain?! Whine? Say no?!

You are carrying their future child/grandchild/other relation! You are growing a human being! You are bringing life to the world! RAWR!

This is a great time to tell someone to eff off, screw themselves, or bite you, btw. The Power of the Futerus always gives you full immunity rights to saying stupid mean crap to people.

Do whatever you want all the time. It's all good.
I can't stop laughing, LOL!
Jordan's been pretty good about the random things I've sent him out to do (I need eggo's and stool softener honey, LOL!). I TOTALLY felt bad for not really talking to my mom when she called on sunday, but I felt AWFUL. Thankfully, she was pretty understanding and just let me go.

I've got a call in to the on-call nurse this morning. The vomiting is back and I'm not amused. I'm going to make sure it's ok I take the full dose of zofran now, instead of half the pill. They'll def have to call in a refill for me now. Stupid morning sickness.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
This made me choke laughing.

I remember crying into my watermelon because the red juice it was leaking just seemed so bloody and I all I could eat was watermelon but eating it made me think of raw meat and it just made me want to get sick so I cried and cried and cried over the melon-blood.

Pregnancy makes people irrational.

And everything LeeAndra said is exactly true.
I remember crying on Christmas Eve as we were leaving town and heading to my parent's house....there was one charlie brown Christmas tree left in the tree lot and I just bursted out in a full blown wail....b/c the Christmas tree was all alone and wouldn't have presents and kids on Christmas morning....DH thought right then that I have gone off the deep end.......LOL.....then there's the time I dropped and busted a gallon of milk in the garage. I cried for HOURS. Of course we had more milk b/c I drank a gallon every two days...but it didn't help......

Oh the pregnancy hormones!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
Ah...you'll see soon enough that it's all worth it. Even when you fall asleep sitting on the toilet because you're so tired.
I HAVE DONE THIS.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know if you've ever seen Annabelle's Wish, but one night when I was pregnant with #2 I was watching it with the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Wikipedia
The story of the film is based on an old legend, that Santa Claus (or God in the original legend) gives animals the ability to speak on Christmas. The film takes place in a rural farming community somewhere in Tennessee where a young calf named Annabelle is born on Christmas Eve. Upon meeting Santa Claus, she becomes fascinated with reindeer and their ability to fly, and wishes to fly herself. At the same time, having been gifted with the temporary ability to speak, she befriends her farmer's grandson Billy, who suffers from muteness. Throughout the course of the year, they learn the true value of friendship and learn that with faith and a willingness to overcome great odds, anybody can achieve their dreams. Once Annabelle loses her ability to talk, the ability is permanently given to Billy, who later find out. At the end of the movie, when Billy is a married adult, Santa Claus grants Annabelle's wish of flying by turning her into one of his reindeer.
Anyway, at some point during the movie, my ex came and collected the boys to give them a bath and I sat there and finished watching the movie because I was fat and pregnant. He came downstairs just as it was ending and I was HYSTERICAL. Full out slobbery nose sobbing. He's like "..........wth?" and I was trying to tell him but I couldn't talk I was so hysterical so all I could manage was "the cow can NEVER SPEAK AGAINNNNNNNNNNNN". He just kinda stared at me. lol

It was a freaking cartoon, people!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Well, I might have had ms 24/7 the entire 39 weeks, but at least I missed the crying binges! I can only remember losing it once...I was only one month along and DH and I took my mom to the OKC Memorial Museum. I was okay until we got to the room memorializing the children who were killed in the daycare...and I think I'd have lost it in there whether or not I was pregnant.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Bwahahaha! LA is soooo right!

During first trimester, while DH was off getting me Subway because he knew I wouldn't sleep until I had it, I got a call from a political poll. You know, the one read by a guy with a thick Indian accent, and the questions are worded such that they are meant to mislead you to answer opposite your views? Haha...I let him have it. Poor guy had to repeat every question and hear how horrible those questions were, and I had to tell him the reasoning behind all of my answers so that they couldn't be taken the wrong way. I'm sure he didn't write the bad poll, and I'm sure that no one will ever know my reasoning behind my answers, but I felt very good about myself after sticking it to the man and not giving them the answers they wanted.

BTW Col, Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers were the food of the gods when I was pregnant. Heck, it even sounds good now, but probably because I just worked out..
Old 07-26-2011, 01:53 PM

profile gallery send pm

I live for bacon cheeseburgers, but the thought makes my stomach turn right now, lol.

I can NOT get this morning sickness under control today. Ugh. I even took a full zofran pill this morning and it didn't help that much.