Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson
Default Let's Talk: Lotion

Do you use lotion regularly?

What kind?

I love Bath and Body Works. (Sweet Pea is still one of my faves)

I really like Love Spell by Victoria's Secret.

And for my feet and if I don't want to be all fragrance-y... Gold Bond Ultimate Healing.

I don't use lotion as often as I should. I have a couple bottles that I've had for at least 1 1/2 years!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing...I have extremely dry, cracked skin on the palms of my hands and it works wonders on them (and it's not greasy). I don't really do scented lotions...not a fan of them, and between DH and I having psoriasis and Rachel having eczema, there's no need for them in our house.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG...I'm a lotion freak (or thats what my husband calls me).

I'm not crazy about scenty lotions-I can't even walk into bath and body works it makes my head feel like it might explode.
I LOVE Philosophy's scented that is the exception, but I find they aren't very hydrating...like not at all honestly.
I use Nivea in one form or the other most times...I'm using Extended Moisture right now...I really like it.

On my feet I use Heel-tastic. It is like this balm that is in an oversized chapstick tube...let me tell you that stuff is DA BOMB. My feet have never looked so fabulous...It WORKS!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to have to look for Heel-tastic now. I so need help with my heels!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have lanolin issues
And fragrance issues
I have issues. period.

But I use Sensual Amber by B&BW. Everybody in my family loves the way it smells. Drives Michael wild.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
I'm going to have to look for Heel-tastic now. I so need help with my heels!
oooh me, too

I honestly should just hire Shannon to be my personal beauty shopper. She is in the know!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

And since I've seen such great results with my Olay moisturizers and cleansers on my face, I use them all the way down to the cleavage...trying to undo some of the aging on my neck and chest.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
And since I've seen such great results with my Olay moisturizers and cleansers on my face, I use them all the way down to the cleavage...trying to undo some of the aging on my neck and chest.
ohhhh, good idea. I need to get those. I love Olay moisturizer.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I, too, am a lotion hoarder! I have fairly dry skin, so literally there's not a day that goes by when I don't put on lotion at least once. I love Bath & Body Works (Lemongrass Sage is my fave, but it's retired, so I have to stock up heavily when they bring it back during the Semi-Annual Sales) and Victoria's Secret, although they've pretty much retired all my favorite scents there.

Last year, a co-worker gave me this amazing lotion that's made and marketed through the Ritz Carlton hotels. It was so light and yummy smelling! I've tried to find out how to order more online but haven't been able to find it.

On my feet, I use both the True Blue foot cream and the Heel of Approval treatment. I am taking notes on everyone's favorites in case I get the urge to try something new!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aveeno oatmeal lotion. I've had the same bottle since we moved here, and it's just about gone now, and I have a bottle of the lavendar scent that's about half gone after three years. It's so humid here that I don't need it except on my hands and feet most of the time, other than in our coldest winter months.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Oooh - my heels are a mess! I'm gonna have to find that Heel-tastic or the ones Kendall mentioned!

I'm a little sensitive to scents as well, but I do like some of the Bath and Body Works stuff. I just like fruit scents WAY more than floral scents.

When my skin gets super dry in the winter, I really love Aveeno or Cetaphil - mostly Aveeno.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE the smell of B&BW lotion but i think that i'm allergic to something in their products because it never fails that i'll get some sort of bumps after using it.. the only thing i seem to be able to use from B&BW is their handsoap.

Here in canada we have a place called rocky mountain soap company and they have a foot butter that sounds alot like the thing that shannon describes, i love it
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just use coconut oil

...it's good for lots of things
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Nikki, I adore Love Spell.

I love Heeltastic too.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i use heeltastic too.
i love philosophy anything because it's so light.
i've been on a citrus basil (from b/bw) kick lately

Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Another coconut oil user here. My skin is so much happier since I started using it!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use lotion every day after I shower in the morning. And I keep it in my office. I do live in the desert, ya know. I'm not that picky about what I use though.

OK, Shannon, I will look for the Heel-tastic stuff, but I'm very skeptical. I have THE worst heels and the only thing that has ever worked on them is a Ped-Egg. Seriously, I have torn through every fitted sheet we own with my heels (until I started using the Ped-Egg). I have used every foot product found plus stuff like oil and Bag Balm, which when I started using it you had to get at a FEED store, not just at Wal-Mart. Nothing worked. Now I even do the Ped-Egg BEFORE I get a pedicure.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love B&BW Carried Away...smells so yummy. But if Im wearing my regular non- B&BW perfume I just some some regular non-scented stuff. I don't like to mix my smells.

I need to get some heel-tastic. But really it needs to be for my whole foot. My toes are just as dry as my heels since I wear flip-lops practically 365.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i use it on my whole foot, amber. i have nasty feet lol

Old 06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ok hopefully this is ok to post here since it isn't really lotion related but has anyone tried this for their feet? I really want to get this..http://www.amazon.com/Tweezerman-Saf...eywords=callus i got a cheapo no name one and it did work awesome but i totally gauged my foot (ow) anyways from all the reading i've done people don't really get hurt with this one.. :/ anyone tried it?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My favorite is Curel Itch Defense. I have terrible eczema on my hands during the warmer months (I have a less common kind of eczema that flares when it's hot and humid), and most lotions either do nothing or hurt my cracked hands. This one helps a little on my hands and is wonderful on the rest of my body, which tends to be dry year round. It soaks in very quickly and isn't greasy.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love Love Spell from VS and I use it everyday! I love the stuff and it doesn't cause me to break out on my arms.

I have to run to the store later and am going to look for the heel stuff. I am either wearing flip flops or I am barefoot. My feet are horrible looking.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I just use coconut oil

...it's good for lots of things
This.

Coconut oil even managed to get the dog to stop scratching the spots where he'd rubbed off all his hair. And this is the dog who never. stops. scratching. I'm convinced that if I remembered to feed him a bit of coconut oil daily that it would clear up most of his general itchiness.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have troubles with extremely dry feet (I wear Birkenstocks and Crocs all year round) ... I recently discovered this is great stuff! I bought it at Beauty Brands on recommendation from nail technician ... it happened to be on their once a year sale at 1/2 price ... bought one took it home ... threw out other stuff after a week of using this ... and went back and bought one for my mom (who lives in AZ) and 2 more for me ... I use it ALL OVER not just my heels and I notice a huge difference! I put it on twice a day.

I have an extremely sensitive nose ... majorly sensitive...I also cannot walk into those stores with all the scented stuff without getting a headache.

The first day I had the Cucumber Heel Therapy I put it all over before bed ... I knew dh would smell it (very light smell though) and I said "how do you like my new perfume? It's the scent of summer, salad edition" ... he sniffed and said you smell like dead wet leaves! ... oh yes that is what I was going for. LOL It actually disappears in a few minutes ... but thought that was funny.

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 06-12-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
ok hopefully this is ok to post here since it isn't really lotion related but has anyone tried this for their feet? I really want to get this..http://www.amazon.com/Tweezerman-Saf...eywords=callus i got a cheapo no name one and it did work awesome but i totally gauged my foot (ow) anyways from all the reading i've done people don't really get hurt with this one.. :/ anyone tried it?
I haven't tried it, but you have me wondering about it now! I don't really need it, I don't think. BUT, Dusty does for sure!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cetaphil. I've tried so many different things over the years but for regular use it's Cetaphil. I'm sensitive to a lot of fragrances and additives and I don't like anything that feels heavy.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've not used the one you linked to, but I see this tool has great reviews. I'm thinking about getting it.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love AVON Natural's line of lotions (esp the Pear & Strawberry one). I also love the AVON Moisture Intense lotion line for my 3 year old's dry skin. We've tried everything for her and this is the only lotion that she can use that doesn't cause her to have a reaction and it makes her skin so soft! I keep a bottle of it everywhere (small one in my purse, big bottles at our house & my parents house) and I have one in the car. She skin dries out really easy and if it does then it's only time until her knee's crack & bleed. The way her shorts rub against her knee's can cause it. Thankfully we only have to put this one once in the morning and once at night but there are a few days were she needs a "touch up" on the go. lol.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've tried something similar. It does not work as well as a Ped-Egg. And you don't cut yourself with a Ped-Egg. (Gee, wish I got commission every time I told some one about this. )
Old 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I have mostly stuff from B&BW because it's easy to find. I'm picky about their scents though since many of them give me migraines. I like their food related fragrances, my faves are Midnight Pomegranate and Black Raspberry Vanilla.

I love Body Shoppe's Body Butter, especially the Hemp one. My SIL was a top sales person for them when they did home parties & I got a bunch of different ones back then but there are no Body Shoppe stores anywhere near me anymore so I go with B&BW now
Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I love body butter, its a wee more thicker then lotion!!! I love coconut or strawberry.
I'm an old fashion gal and love valoline on my feeties at night