Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2024, 01:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default I have a confession...

I tend to go overboard on things. Way overboard. I know we have talked about how much I like to decorate tier trays, and I do, but I think I have to admit that I have a problem and find a twelve step program or support group. I have stuff for 14 different themes, multiple ones for Christmas and Halloween, Disney ones, and weirder ones like Flamingos and PB&J. So I have a lot of stuff.

Then there is Christmas. I may have mentioned that in the past I didn't do much decorating for the holiday, but had made a promise to my son that when I had grandchildren, I would. Now that Wren is here, I have been getting myself sorted on decorating. Again, I have themes for the different rooms in the house, Christmas dogs in the bathroom, Merry and Bright for Wren's room, Gingerbread for the family room and so on. And again, I have a lot of stuff.

I've been organizing it so that I can store it in the garage while the kids are here as they sell their house again, and I was honestly surprised by how much stuff I have. Honestly I was.

My sister laughed and said she was not surprised because I always go overboard. She is not wrong. I have so many ideas rolling around in this head of mine and no ability to control my need to follow through on all of them. Once I get an idea, off I go. And go. And go.

I know I should find the program or group, but instead I am looking for more stuff to add to the different themes I have going. Does anyone know when I can get a Christmas dinosaur quilt?
Old 06-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Christmas dinosaur quilt. lol Amazing. I never seasonally decorate either. So much room to store it all plus the time to put it up and take it down. Maybe when I am retired with grandkids, too.
Old 06-15-2024, 09:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL! I don't decorate, but i can 100% relate to the idea of going to excess for anything I'm into. Once I go down into the rabbit hole of a hobby or collection, I want it ALL.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:16 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I don't decorate, except for Christmas. Our apartment is too small for me to store all those decorations and hubby dislikes them.
I am interested in the Christmas dinosaur quilt, though. My daughter is craaazy about dinosaurs.
Old 06-16-2024, 11:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am truly down the rabbit hole now. It is nuts, but I have so much fun with it. LOL Wren's room at my house, for when he stays over when he is a little bigger, is dinosaurs, so I want to change it up for the holiday to Christmas Dinosaurs. It is going to be so fun, if I can find it. I wish I could make it, but my arthritis is too bad for me to even want to quilt any more. Besides, he has inherited about 12 quilts that I made his dad when he was little, all in great shape and ready for another go round. But no dinosaurs christmas.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I "feel" ya. When I'm interested in something, I tend to want it all. The whole thing. The complete set. All the extras. lol

Have you seen this:

When I googled Dinosaur Blanket, a number of things came up from TEMU. But, I've seen people say to stay away from TEMU. Security risks or something. So, I'm scared of them. lol

Last edited by SweetChar; Yesterday at 06:10 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh... saw these, too...

None of these are actual quilts, though.

Last edited by SweetChar; Yesterday at 06:09 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Now you've got me obsessed. lol I think I can put the picture in the link. Here's a few more things...

I'll go up to the other posts and try to put the pictures in...
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Char. The only problem is that none of them are quilts. I don't like the bulk of a comforter, so I have to have quilts. Picky, I know. LOL Especially since quilts are harder to find.
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's been forever since I chimed in here. I know you said your arthritis wouldn't let you do a lot of quilting, but I do know of this pattern: I haven't made this one specifically pattern, but would be super cute in Christmas theme.

Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hi manda!! nice to see you here..

that is so cute!! i instantly think how fun it would be to "decorate" it with sewing on little christmas hats and stuff like that..