Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Ah I need your help!

So I've had this thought swimming in my head for years now - offering a post-processing service to photographers... and am now starting to realize that I could really potentially get this ball rolling and make something of it.

But other than building my portfolio, I don't really know where to start. Pricing/Advertising? I'm scared to go all out with a website before I even get going.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know that services like this exist, but I've never personally used them. You should definitely research to find out what the competition does.

I would think prospective clients want to see your portfolio, to know that you can produce consistent results and also to see a body of work that represents the various processing styles you offer. You'll also need to think about the service level you can offer - how long will it take you to turn around an order? What if you get a large order, like a wedding? can you do it consistently?

Or, would you go for a "causal" customer, like us scrapbooker types? That would be a different customer base, but probably still has potential - so maybe show some before/afters. How you can make a snapshot look better, for example.

You probably should portfolio build on a blog for a while, get things out there and organized and then figure out if you're ready for a website.

good luck though! that's awesome

beckie_scraps on IG!