Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default Photo Editing CS????

so I currently use LR to import all of my images/RAW files and tweak them...I like the workflow, but I really do like all of the things I can do in CS with tweaking, actions and such, but I have not found a fast way to edit numerous photos in CS like I can in LR. Does anybody have any tutorials for fast ways to edi your images in CS? I also don't know how to use ACR or Bridge, so I juts open them the old fashioned way in CS by clicking file--->open and then picking all the photos I want to edit....I am a visual person so if somebody can "show" me a quicker way I would greatly appreciate it
Old 04-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I learned how to edit my pictures in ACR through Candice Stringhams photo class at Jessica Sprague's website. It's super easy!! Maybe she's got some info on her blog?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You can do batch editing through Bridge. So far I only used it when saving multiple files as .jpg for a photo book. But you can also run a Photoshop action through multiple files with the same menu command. I'm not an expert though.

The menu in Bridge that I used was Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor. I just selected the files I wanted edited, set the command and let it run.

I really appreciated it when saving 100+ files, it did it all for me.

ETA: Now I've read Leah's post and I can remember I've read that you could do batch editing through ACR, too. Maybe that's even better than what I suggested, as I said I'm by no means an expert. :-)

Last edited by adrianka; 04-29-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's how I do it, and because I do it this way I wonder if Lightroom would be worth buying because this feature is what everyone raves about Lightroom for.

When in Bridge you can select multiple files using several different methods. CTRL+Click, Shift+Click, or you can even go into the review mode (CTRL+b) and then push the down arrow on any that you want deselected, and it will leave the rest selected. Once those files are selected, just double click (or if you've done tricky selections right click and say "Open in Camera RAW" since I usually mess up my double clicks if I've spent time selecting). Then ACR will open with all of the files, which can be a little slow to start, but usually isn't too bad. You will have thumbnails of all of your selected files available to you on the left side of ACR, and from there you can edit the open picture, or select multiple files and it will apply all of your editing to all of the files, or my favorite way is to edit one file, and then select the other files that I want edited the same way (again, using Shift+Click or CTRL+Click on the files on the left) and click the Synchronize button that is at the top of the list. It will synchronize the edits to the picture that you initially selected.

Lately, I've been doing the synchronization in Bridge, and use it to help me cull my pictures so that I can only spend time editing the good ones. I will edit one of the pictures with my general ACR edits, and then in Bridge, copy the develop settings (CTRL+ALT+C or Right Click>Develop Settings>Copy Settings), and then paste them (CTRL+ALT+V or Right Click>Develop Settings>Paste Settings).

I learned a lot of this by watching Youtube videos and then experimenting and googling (I knew that there had to be a shortcut so that I wouldn't have to right click and scroll through my presets to copy the develop settings).

Oh, and you can get ACR presets, and apply them directly in Bridge via the develop settings.

If you want to apply actions do like Adrianka said, and it runs them through Photoshop (or you can run them through to save as JPG, etc.)

Bridge is REALLY powerful, and I feel like it's underappreciated because of Lightroom and I have had a hard time finding places to learn it.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's a video that really helped me, as my explanation is not visual at all.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree that Bridge is hugely underappreciated. I myself never knew what possibilities it held until I googled "conversion of multiple files into jpg in Photoshop".

I actually think that LR might have been created with Bridge in mind (modifying most functions since LR has a different logic from PS). At least that's my theory.

Photoshop is expensive for a reason, you truly get a lot for your money, it's just that sometimes it's very hard to find what you need. :-)

And thanks, Megan, for all the info.