Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default It always happens to me on the holidays...

Does anyone else seem to be cursed with sick family during the big holidays? Last year for us it was Christmas eve. My daughter was throwing up ALL NIGHT LONG. So our Christmas morning was put on quite a delay and we didn't get to see grandmas and grandpas as planned because we were worried about passing it off to them. My poor little girl just laid on the floor in front of the Christmas tree and didn't even care about opening presents that day. It was so sad!

Well this year for us, it was Thanksgiving. My daughter got some sort of stomach bug that lasted for 3 days. I thought we were safe and then the day she finally felt better my son caught it and it lasted for 5 days with him. And just when I thought we were finally through it, my husband got it on Thanksgiving day. It's been a bummer of a past week & a half for me! He spent his whole weekend off sick. He was supposed to be on call with his surgeon he's rotating with all weekend so it was a big treat to find out he had it off. We ended up doing a whole lot of nothing which was kind of a bummer while I was tending to two sick boys all weekend.

I keep waiting for my turn, but I think I may just have made it out unscathed! So at least that's good! I'm crossing my fingers that we all make it through this Christmas happy and healthy!

And while I'm at it, prayers and good health to you all this holiday season as well!