Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2021, 09:25 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69
Default Good Vibes please

I wrote a very long post and it didn't save I came her to say that my mother in law is in extremely bad shape in Portland Oregon while we are here in VA. She has ben steadily declining for the last few years and is at the point she needs daily help with things like bathing, taking her medications and eating. She has a friend that has been helping her a few times a week but it's gotten to the point where she needs 24 hour care/help. She goes outside barefoot, goes out with 2 different shoes on, she will turn the water on outside and forget how to turn it off, she hasn't driven in over 2 years, she can't figure out how to work or TV or phone on a daily basis, and sounds like hasn't bathed or done laundry in months. It's an extremely sad situation and Matt (my hubby) is her only family. Her neighbors called the police for a welfare check (and I am waiting for a call back to see what was written in the report) yesterday because they didn't have any idea when I was coming out (I am going on 9/19/21 and spending a week with her to sort out everything I can and her, I and her kitty are flying back on 9/26/21 to VA) and since my mother in law couldn't remember as well I guess they decided a welfare check was her best option WRONG ANSWER! So I spoke with the neighbors and they know when I am coming and they we have everything already set in motion to her and her kitty safely back to VA. They are going to make sure she is at least feed twice a day and now know that we are going to take care of her and get her the much needed help she needs.
Then my sister and I will fly back to Oregon and rent a Uhaul to bring back the possessions/things she wants us too and make the long trip back from Oregon to VA! It's the least I can do for her when she is giving up everything she has ever known and worked for her entire life.
So if you made it this far, bless you! I just wanted to say that if you don't see much of me around, so if you don't see me around much it's not because I don't LOVE you ALL , it's that there is alot going on at the Miller Zoo and most likely will be for at least the next2-3 months. I am not the praying type, but my mother in law could us all the prayers, fingers crossed, good luck vibes you can send her way for an easy & smooth transition across country