Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Go Gabriel Go! A victory for our family!

My son Gabriel is 7 and he has special needs. He can't walk without assistance. He has a wheelchair for going to school and appointments. Until recently he mostly crawled around the house. He still does a lot of crawling around but he has also been pulling up and cruising around on furniture more. For awhile now he has been willing to walk with you if you hold his hand but he doesn't like to walk that far and he's fairly persnickety about where he'll walk. He's never really walked outside. If you tried he'd just curl his legs up underneath him. I think he didn't like the way the ground felt underneath his feet. So we were thoroughly surprised today when he wanted to walk to the car! Tim was going to Redbox and was about to carry him to the car when he slid down out of his arms and wanted to walk! I caught this picture of them coming back into the house after the outing!

This is such a blessing! We love him so much and he is such a blessing to our family. It can be exhausting sometimes dealing with him. He is quiet heavy and difficult to transport places. Just being willing to walk to the car and back is such a huge thing for us! I'm so thrilled for him and for our family. Every little step he takes is a victory and a step towards making life a little easier and better for him and for us!

::Tabatha::
proud mom to Gabriel {11}, Tristan {10} Julian {6}, Sophie {3}, Lucius {1} & Ezekiel {5.28.14}
Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)