Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Need an unbiased onpinion

OK guys I need an unbiased opinion (but please be nice LOL). This weekend coming home from a movie with my husband and son we saw a tractor trailer run a red light not just once, not twice but THREE times. It was not just a tractor trailer but one of those huge ones that haul two trailers. So had he hit someone he would have caused MAJOR damage. Luckily he didnt hit anyone. Now most of you know what our family has been through so I realize this is going to make me way more sensitive to this type of thing.

This was in early evening hours. The movie we left ended at 8:00 and it was towards downtown Orlando. So it was still pretty heavy traffic at that time and some larger intersections as well. I KNOW the guy ran at least three lights. But I did not get those on film. My husband slowed way down to get the number and company information to report it.

Well we were behind him and I got on film him going through a yellow light which turned red. He had more then enough time to stop because we stopped. So the company takes complaints seriously they said. They also said the driver of this truck has never had a complaint, ticket, accident...nothing. I do not want to get the guy into trouble especially hearing that. It makes me feel bad but at the same time our family is a perfect example of what can happen when someone runs a red light you know?

If I do nothing more (they want me to send the video of him running the light) most likely they will not take it to seriously. The lady I talked to said she believes me because I was not rude or angry about it but just sounded concerned but I kinda get the feeling because of his record they are finding it a little harder to believe.

OK so I know this is long but what I want to know is what would you do? Basically should I send the video and not worry about what happens to the guy or let it go because it was reported and will be kept on file but without the evidence to actually show it might not be taken as seriously as with it.

Last edited by jessica31876; 05-22-2012 at 04:49 PM.