Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Stupid Weather

Ugh, so we had a major blizzard yesterday. I smartly switched around my days off so that I could be off work. I figured it would be no problem to get to work today though, but they won't open the stupid interstate and I need to take it to get to the town I work in. Its still closed and I was supposed to leave 20 minutes ago to get to work on time. So I call the guy in charge today and he was all crabby about it. What do you want me to do, its illegal to drive on it now. I told him I would be in as soon as they open the road cause my town is all plowed out and its all major roads when I get to the town I work in. He's just crabby cause he lives further away then me and has been spending the night at someone's house in town since Monday. I am so frustrated cause I have been up since 5:20am waiting for them to open it and now I am going to be late and thus have to make up those hours later this week.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

that kinda sucks...we have issues with road closures down here in FL too but ours is from smoke/fire right now. Fortunately there are ways around the closures usually. Is there no other road/s you could take to get to work to bypass the roadways which are closed?

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Sorry Hopefully they'll get it done quickly! Just be safe!

It was 80 degrees here yesterday, and 34 when we got up this morning. It's raining, thankfully, as we've had a dry winter for us, but I'm really tired of this whiplash weather we've had this winter. I'm hoping this is our March "freeze" that we tend to get just before winter gives up for this area.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

We've got some crazy weather too Mari. It was 60 at 9 PM last night and now it's 15 with 50 mph wind gusts. We had about 4 inches of rain the past few days so it's made for really interesting road conditions. Emma's excited because we have a skating rink in our backyard.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica31876 View Post
Is there no other road/s you could take to get to work to bypass the roadways which are closed?
The rest of the roads are county roads and would be much, much worse. The only other one was closed last week when it was just windy. We live in the flattest place on Earth and I am not kidding. We have no trees (only shelter belts) and no hills, thus when it blows, the only thing the snow stops on is the road.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I just called the highway patrol and they said it doesn't look like it will be open until afternoon cause there are 4-5 foot drifts out there. Looks like I officially have no days off next week now. Really sucks. I wouldn't be so concerned, but I am mission essential at an Air Guard base, thus I have to be there. Someone is currently working for me now on their time off and I have to shift days off. What a waste of a day off today, too.