Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Back on the train... Weigh-in wk1

Traci's weight loss success has totally motivated me to get back on track toward my owl goal, so last week I started and today was my first weigh in.

I was happy to see that I'm down 3 lbs! yay, i'm just happy it's DOWN and not up!

Now to just STAY motivated....

(aka L. Reid)

Old 03-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Good work L. Reid! You can do it I have zero self control when it comes to eating goodies, Chocolate is my boyfriend... I just play a lot of sport to even it out
Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's great!

I'm on week 3 and down 10.9 lbs

Old 03-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

ebony, yeah sugar is MY boyfriend, but it's a bad relationship... he's making me way too fat and i'm defintely not doing enough to even things out, so he's gettin the boot!

and woot! nikki on your weight loss!!!

xo

(aka L. Reid)

Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the weight loss.

I've been going to the gym everyday for over a month now and last 6 pound, and from the beginning of next month I'm going to start eating much better so I can lose more weight. I'm guilty of getting Indian takeaways too much.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Woot! You can do it Lauren!!

I'm only down 15 pounds from this time last year, but I only have about 15 more to go, so I feel good about that number. I didn't really start working on that goal til July of last year, and then I took the holidays "off" and had a hard time getting back into it.

Just stick with it! In a few weeks you'll start feeling awesome, and that's the best motivation out there! I started running recently, which is something I SWORE I would NEVER do, and I'm loving it!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats on the success...

My journey will officially start in less than 24 hours. Beginning with evicting this baby from the enormous swimming pool he's created. I will get to pick up where I left off 9 months ago.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a total sugar addict too...I love to bake also so I'm always making cookies and cakes and pies and brownies and anything else that sounds yummy at the time.

It's sooo hard. I loathe dieting...but I really want to be back to where I was before I had babies...I just miss the days that I could eat whatever and it didn't matter lol...seems like once I hit 30 it was all downhill...or around my hips rather

Old 03-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't give up sweets I just watch how much I eat. I'm also trying to get back into running and having a hard time doing it. With two kids under five, no babysitter and a husband who works 7 days a week leaves me 0 time alone, let alone time to run. No clue how the other ladies do it.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM

profile gallery send pm

Brittney, I don't have kids, so that certainly makes it easier for me to run. What time is DH usually out of the house? When does he get home? Is there any way you can maybe get up earlier and go for that run? Or have yourself all dressed and ready to go when he gets home, so you can dart out and get the run in?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yeah Lauren! That's great!

I started beginning of this year and seem to have plateaued. (sp?) But I am hoping as it gets nicer, maybe I'll be motivated to get outside and move more.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Lauren, that's fantastic!! Keep up the great work!!!

I've also decided that those last 5 pounds have got to go! I hit the trail this morning for the first time in months; it felt great!

Penny
Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Brittney, I don't have kids, so that certainly makes it easier for me to run. What time is DH usually out of the house? When does he get home? Is there any way you can maybe get up earlier and go for that run? Or have yourself all dressed and ready to go when he gets home, so you can dart out and get the run in?
I wish, he leaves by 4-415 am and comes in around ten at night. I sometimes get sundays but there's no set schedule to his unit. And with the new country, its not that easy to find a babysitter. I usually lay out his uniforms and breakfast. He takes his gear off, showers and goes to bed. Its been crazy for awhile. I'm hoping it will settle down after these exercises and I can run more, but at the earliest he gets home around 7 and I have to cook dinner, bath kids, put them to bed. I had to get in a fight with him to go running two weeks ago. I missed lunch on a Sat so I could run. Seems silly but I miss it and it makes me feel better.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Go Lauren!! I <3 Sugar too. We have a torrid, dirty on and off affair. I too love to bake - but I also love to run and that is helping....some

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milmomma View Post
I wish, he leaves by 4-415 am and comes in around ten at night. I sometimes get sundays but there's no set schedule to his unit. And with the new country, its not that easy to find a babysitter. I usually lay out his uniforms and breakfast. He takes his gear off, showers and goes to bed. Its been crazy for awhile. I'm hoping it will settle down after these exercises and I can run more, but at the earliest he gets home around 7 and I have to cook dinner, bath kids, put them to bed. I had to get in a fight with him to go running two weeks ago. I missed lunch on a Sat so I could run. Seems silly but I miss it and it makes me feel better.
Oooooh, that sucks. I didn't realize he was military. Hmmm, do you live on base? Is there a fellow military mom that you could hook up with a few times a week to run? Like, you watch her kids for an hour, the next day she watches yours? That kinda thing? They would be sympathetic to your needs I would think.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats!!! Its so hard but so worth it!

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome!!!! Keep up the great work!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been stuck at a plateau for several weeks now and lost motivation because of it (and just because I'm sick of dieting!). But today I'm getting back on track -- I'm going to crank up the exercise and see if that helps.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been trying to eat healthy for a while now, but my aunt flo came to visit - and all my progress flew out the window. Its SO hard.

But today, I'm sitting here with a bowl of oatmeal (with unsweetened applesauce & cinnamon & just a tiny sprinkle of brown sugar) - it's so good!! Tastes like apple pie for breakfast!

Day 1 - barely started. LOL.

Huge fan of:

Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's great Lauren!!!
Today is the start of my week 2... and I'm scared to actually weigh-in because I FEEL pretty good about my progress last week and I don't want to see something discouraging on the scale!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM

profile gallery send pm

Any start is better than no start Jae!

I've been eating Raisin Bran for breakfast, and it's TOTALLY helped me stay more on track during the day at work. Breakfast is key for me. Once I finish this bag, I've got Honey Nut Cheerio's waiting for me
Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today is my day 1 - I've just been letting myself get fatter and fatter - so yeah - time to take action!

It's very inspiring to hear how everybody else is doing - so congrats to Lauren & Nikki & everybody else YAY!!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Way to go, Lauren! That's a great first week result!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
Any start is better than no start Jae!

I've been eating Raisin Bran for breakfast, and it's TOTALLY helped me stay more on track during the day at work. Breakfast is key for me. Once I finish this bag, I've got Honey Nut Cheerio's waiting for me
I never used to eat breakfast, it used to make me feel sick. But I finally got in the habit, and now I have to have it to start my day. I found more than one article linking being overweight to skipping meals, so I try not to do that.

I've found that the "eat more smaller meals" information to be totally true! I've been eating clean, and following the guidelines for that, and I lost 13 lbs in a month! I'm still at that point because I started back-tracking, but I'm back on it again & hoping for more results!

But the biggest thing for me is definitely eating breakfast. I find that if I start my day right, I'm less likely to be tempted by other things later in the day. Crazy, but true!

Huge fan of:

Old 03-15-2010, 01:06 PM

profile gallery send pm

Yup, I totally hear ya Jae. I can't eat breakfast too early or my stomach goes nuts, so I eat it at work after I've been up for a while. I keep a quart of milk here in the fridge for my coffee and cereal I even skipped our normal routine of waffles for breakfast on saturday's that we're home this week and had cereal instead!

And I swear by the small meals thing. Having this class at night has sort of thrown me off that, but I'm working on it. I have a small snack at 3 usually, and that will hold me over til dinner. Today I have a banana, and I'll try hard to avoid the rice cakes. Sometimes I just need that crunchy snack, and the cheddar cheese rice cakes are perfect for that.

I've made so many changes in the last year that I never thought I would be able to stick to. I really need to make a LO about that.....
Old 03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
That's great!

I'm on week 3 and down 10.9 lbs
10 lbs in 3 week is great Nikki!! How are you doing this if I may ask?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Another great tool for weight loss is journaling everything you put into your mouth. Including drinks. I started food journaling last week and noticed I didn't eat near as much and I consumed a LOT more water and less soda. I'm also trying to have green tea 3x a day. I have been running too but had a bad week last week. Gonna get back on it tonight - although I'll have walk instead of run because I'll have the 2-year old in a stroller (non-jogging kind) and I can't run and push his heavy little bottom. LOL

I'm starting at 161.3 - up 26 pounds from October 2007. My goal is 135 by the end of this year.

ETA: One of my favorite things for breakfast is a Double Fiber English Muffin with 1 egg, scrambled with 1tbsp. milk, season salt and pepper. Cooked in 1 tsp. marg/butter with 1 Tbsp. cheddar cheese and 3 slices ff deli ham. It is so filling!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Last edited by Kat Stokes; 03-15-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear you Kat on keeping the journal. I do this, and it really does make a huge difference! There's a feeling of accomplishment & pride at the end of the day when I can look back and see that all I've put in my mouth is good, healthy food. And if I did make a mistake in judgement and ate something I shouldn't have, if it's there on paper, it keeps me feeling accountable, and motivated to do better the next day.

My favorite breakfast is a smoothie of a banana, frozen berries and a splash of water. I've been trying really hard to eat more oatmeal, and have found a few recipes that are delicious. Namely Chocolate Oatmeal, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal & today I made Apple Pie Oatmeal. All taste like dessert, but are extremely healthy. What's better than that??

Huge fan of:

Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

YES to the journaling, that def. helps me keep stay more on track (or more aware at least)... it's amazing how quickly all those little nibbles (i almost wrote nipples!) add up!

also i'm using this little tool i found online to track my progress... it's SUPER basic, but i like having a graph and i'm not doing this officially through WW or anything, so i thought it might be handy...

i've always been a breakfast eater... i typically can't go very long w/o eating cuz i get wicked crabby! but cereal is totally a binge food for me, so when i just eat 1 normal portion it doesn't feel like enough and i could just eat more and more and more! i still eat it though...

OH and speaking of smoothies... here's one i made last night for the kids and i:
froz cherries
froz peaches
1 red pear
1 banana
2 stawberries (that's all we had left!)
almond milk
little bit of water
1 truvia packet
*blend*
little ice
*blend*
handful of baby spinach (YES, SPINACH, and dude, you don't even see it or taste it, but you score some good added nutrition!)
*blend*

okay i think we need a weekly weigh in/check in thread since so many of us are workin on this!

xo

(aka L. Reid)

Old 03-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been an avid breakfast-small meals throughout the day eater for as long as I can remember and I really do think it makes a huge difference in maintaining your weight. I've also been using our smaller plates for dinner because the same amount of food looks like so much more when packed on a small plate.

My DH and I made a deal that we would both get in hot swimsuit shape for when we're going to Hawaii in June so today is the start of week 3 of my new workout-eating better plan. The first week I did really good with the exercise and week 2 I did better with the eating so hopefully this week I can combine the two together.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Lauren - GO GIRL! YOU CAN DO IT! That is awesome!

I lost 92 pounds last year and have kept it off since the end of Oct, but would still love to lose a few more. If I can do it - anybody can. Seriously.

I have to agree, small meals is where its at.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow, ladies... I'm very impressed... congrats!!!! We can do it!

Last week I went gluten free, voluntary... it was a test to see how I'd feel... and I've come to the conclusion that I think I do have an intolerance to wheat. After taking it out of my diet, I had a ton more energy, I didn't have digestive troubles that have plagued me... and given certain events last week, it should have sent me into a migraine and *knock on wood* I didn't have one! AND I lost 5 pounds... bad news is that this weekend was Kiddos' birthday party and I totally I've had birthday cake and pasta salad and other yummy stuff with gluten... so I gained back 2 pounds and feel yucky. So, tomorrow... back on the diet.

Oh, and I want to add more green tea to the diet... they say drinking a cup after meals help with digestion and aids in weight loss.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think that cutting out or severly back on gluten would really help my DH. He's not a big guy at all (he's blessed with being perfectly proportioned - darn him), but he has digestive problems. I think going GF would help him a lot.

It seems very intimidating though!! Please tell me its easier than it looks!

Huge fan of:

Old 03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

you go girls!!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I was doing well...I was down about 12lbs (of 20ish i wanna losE) but I've put ona few since then..probably like 5ish haha..as i sit and eat a blizzard (before dinner..bad bad)

suger is my soulmate

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

WTG Lauren!!

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been working on trying to find someone like that Colleen

I don't think I could ever go GF. Pasta is my go to food. Love it and breads. I'm a carb person. But I try to watch my portions. I don't believe in cutting out all the good stuff I just keep it to smaller portions, and bigger portions of the healthy stuff I love the weightwatchers single brownie things. I keep them in the fridge so I have a cool chocolately brownie. I use Spark People to keep track of what I eat and how much exercise I get in a day. And chores do count! I don't like the idea of diet cause once you stop you gain back the weight/lose the muscle. We(husband and I) have been working on trying to live healthier. (He bikes to work.)
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Way to go!

I've lost 20+ lbs. since last August and DH has lost 20+ since the first of the year. I need to get back on track and get serious about it again, but then those Reece's peanut butter eggs called to me at the grocery store check out line last night.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
I think that cutting out or severly back on gluten would really help my DH. He's not a big guy at all (he's blessed with being perfectly proportioned - darn him), but he has digestive problems. I think going GF would help him a lot.

It seems very intimidating though!! Please tell me its easier than it looks!
It seems daunting at first... I'm a HUGE carb addict... as is my hubby, but there are becoming more and more products out there that are gluten free, even at the grocery store in the health food area so I can make substitutions. My local bread place is now making GF bread, muffins, cookies, brownies, and buns... their is also GF pasta available. Even some restaurants are also mentioned which items are GF. But I'm liking the way I feel (and less bonding with the bathroom... LOL!) that it helps with keeping the eye on the prize. Of course when Aunt Flo comes for her visit, it might be a different story...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Hey...just wanted to post that today is my weigh in day and I lost 3 more pounds! I am doing weight watchers online and working out. I am psyched because the first week, I only lost 1.5 pounds and was totally bummed.

Anyway, we should keep a thread stickied or something so that we can all track our weight loss. Here are my stats:

This Week's Weight Loss: 3 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 4.5 lbs
Goal: 30 lbs
Weight to Go: 23.5

Hurray!!!!

Susan
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM

profile gallery send pm

Way to go Susan!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

yay susan!!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yay susan!!!!

(aka L. Reid)

Old 03-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow ladies you are truly my inspiration...i started this week and i'm actually eating a salad right now...i think i've eaten all of my snacks already for the day...i find it hard to exercise...by the time i get home from work i have to spend time with my son and by the time he goes to bed the last thing i want to do is exercise...i have to get it together because i know i have to exercise to lose weight...
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Rachelle - that is really the hard part....finding time to exercise. I am to the point now where I am getting up at 5:30 am and going to the gym and getting back just as the kids wake. It is hard to get up that early, but at least I get it out of the way. I also go on the weekends....which is much easier. Working out has made a huge difference in the amount I can eat and still lose weight. Weight Watchers gives you activity points and I love racking them up.

Susan