Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default I have not scrapped in MONTHS>>>HELP!!

Somehow I lost the mojo for scrapping...but have not ceased buying kits...hah...a sickness I know....

How do ya get back into the groove? I start pages and then they just get
sent to the trash bin...I sorta feel like I am letting some memories get lost in the hustle and bustle of life
Old 11-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would find a nice quiet place and bring in some inspiring things, a nice cup of something yummy, and some of my favorite treats. Ideally a whole weekend alone would be my wish!!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

At one point I stopped scrapping for 6 months, and as that break dragged on I wondered if I'd ever scrap again. I was busy with other hobbies and my family and didn't really want to scrap, but I felt guilty that I wasn't scrapping DS2's early days the way I had his brother's. I made sure to take photos and write down the milestones so I would still have the memories to come back to. Then I spent another 4-6 months wanting to scrap but feeling like I was forcing it and all my pages were bad. Finally the will to scrap came back about 3.5 years ago, and I haven't felt that way again. For the first 6 months of my break staying away from all digi sites worked best, and when I was trying to get interested again I spent a lot of time getting caught up. Good luck!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

This has been me too. It just seems like every time I turn around someone needs something or is demanding my time. I try to plan a day to scrap but then something will happen and I'll have to go handle that incident. I haven't stopped buying or doodling my ideas for layouts so I'm still feeling creative; it's just finding the time to be by myself to scrap.

Ahhh, one day it will happen...

Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Rachel~I have not been active in any forums for months now..but I have purchased kits that I have just been wowed by that I know I will use for certain photos I have taken. I just got caught up getting my grandfather set up with hospice...that broke my heart and I just never seemed to get back in the groove after that. What I have been doing is couponing like crazy...went to a party and a girl there showed us how to do the Extreme Couponing like they show on tv where u end up with tons of free stuff. I think I am now addicted~a kit themed for that would be really awesome...LOL! But in the 2 months I have been serious about it I have stocked my freezer, pantry, not paid for toothpaste, liquid dishsoap, razers, deoderants, body washes and not more than 5 or 6 dollars for toilet paper and paper towels...I am in heaven being able to buy name brand stuff instead of the generics. But look at me rambling over here......I do think I am going to leave the Black Friday shopping to the hardcore shoppers and relax here at home and dedicate it to doing at least 1 scrapbook page I end up liking. I like ur idea Kristi....some yummy hot chocolate maybe and won't have to worry about cooking with thanksgiving leftovers.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh Debbie~we need to be neighbors so we could prod each other along..LOL!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I could have written your post word for word. I have NO mojo right now, and haven't for a few months now. But, every week, I check out the shoppe and almost always buy something. I think I now have over 150 unused kits that I just "had to have" because I just don't feel like scrapping.

And then I have massive guilt because I'm already 23 weeks pregnant and haven't even scrapped my positive test picture, my ultrasound pics or anything pregnancy related at all. While I'm totally excited about it, I just can't scrap. I sit down and stare at the page. Templates aren't helping either. I am about to lose my mind.

So I'm just walking away for now. I've picked up crocheting again so I have something crafty to do, and am focusing on that. I know that I will get my mojo back eventually... but it sure is driving me crazy in the meantime.

Huge fan of:

Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I wanna introduce you to a fabulous template designer named Cindy Schneider.......
Old 11-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

definitely this! When my mojo is gone I grab a rockin template and that helps tremendously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I wanna introduce you to a fabulous template designer named Cindy Schneider.......
Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

I havent scrapped in 3 months atleast!!! Ive been running like crazy with my 8 wk old. Ive finally found the time to get back on here.

What sucks i lost every single kit i owned when i lost my laptop i have to buy some new kits before i can scrap again. I dont think my dh's computer will run a page it really sucks!!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

awwwww Suze...that's awful!!!! I got another external about a month ago to back up my 2 portable EHD's....I have already had one just quit for no reason so I guess I am a bit paranoid now. But you have that beautiful new baby to make up for it =D.

And gosh..I do love templates...lol...and ur right...Cindi's totally rock!!!!!!
I told my hubby that Friday we are just gonna chill out, watch some movies and play on our pc's....fingers crossed some mojo comes zippin' my way =)....and if not..I think I am gonna just go spread some gallery love and pull out the predigital photos and scan away so they will be ready for me to play with when it does.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm right there with ya Balinda although I keep coming here to the forums. I don't know what is going to break this cycle yet, life just keeps on piling up and for some reason sitting down to scrap a page for 2-4 hours just doesn't do it for me right now. Maybe that is my problem, I know I am a slow scrapper, even with templates, so I just don't start!

Hoping you do get a nice relaxing Friday and a page or two done! I do believe that the love/addiction will come back!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I go through cycles like what you're describing... when my son was about 1 year old I went about 5 months without scrapping and it was SO hard to get back in the groove!

Looking back over my scrapping "cycles" over the past few years, I scrap very little in November/December or in July/August. Even not scrapping for a couple of weeks makes me feel "behind" in my scrapping, so when I go longer than that I get somewhat frustrated - and that makes it worse!

BUT a couple things I have learned...

1. Even if I'm not scrapping, I have to be diligent about organizing and backing up my photos. I used to view my photos and my scrapping as one big "project" - but it's not. So even if I'm not scrapping, I keep my photos organized and backed up.

2. Don't beat myself up if I'm not scrapping. THIS is one thing that I used to be really bad about. Now I figure that it will get done when it gets done. Period.

3. Keep a list of things that I want to scrap (I keep a draft email in my Gmail for this, and also a list in the Notes on my iPhone). Everytimes Wesley says/does something that I want to scrap, or something happens, or I have an idea, I add it to the list. Even if I'm not scrapping right then, it doesn't mean I can't keep collecting ideas.

4. When I DO get the itch to start scrapping again (even if it's only been a couple of weeks), using templates is a much. Otherwise I would NEVER get a page scrapped.

I hope after the holidays are over your scrapping mojo returns! I think that it's something that happens to all of us... but I bet all of those holidays photos will get you back in the groove!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was with you for a while! I had no mojo and completely stopped scrapping regularly in July. I started back up at the end of October. I think between stressing about the portfolio, p365 and regular pages, I just couldn't keep up and stopped altogether. I still wanted to scrap, just couldn't. I finally tried a few pages, didn't like them and trashed them. I decided to just start off catching up my p365, since that was the most important to me. I'm still behind, but not stressing as much anymore - I just started out simple with the weeks I was behind, so the los didn't take too long and discourage me, and the more weeks I did (I did weeks 25 - 42) the more I got back into it, and my old style started coming out again.
I found the more I pushed myself to scrap, the less time I would spend doing it. It WILL come back. I think part of my problem also was not being able to buy kits lol - but I see you're still buying - and those kits will be there for you when you do start scrapping again. I've slowed down again, since the new Call of Duty came out, I've been playing in my spare time, but I'm not stressing about not scrapping, so I think I'll have no problem getting caught back up again.

Another thing you could try, since you said you're worried about losing the memories, if you're ready to try a lo, get Misty's In The News Templates - just pop in photos, and journal the memories - super easy, and stress free lol.

Hope your mojo comes back soon!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is just the best forum EVER!!!! I feel much better knowing what good company I am in.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Eeeeeeeeeeee! I scrapped today!!! WOOHOO! Thought I would throw that out there, lol! I just said "To heck with it" and made something, lol. And bonus that I actually like it (and I didn't have to re-do any of it). Yay!

Huge fan of:

Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapperjade View Post
Eeeeeeeeeeee! I scrapped today!!! WOOHOO! Thought I would throw that out there, lol! I just said "To heck with it" and made something, lol. And bonus that I actually like it (and I didn't have to re-do any of it). Yay!
Congrats! That will jump start things!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balinda View Post
Rachel~I have not been active in any forums for months now..but I have purchased kits that I have just been wowed by that I know I will use for certain photos I have taken. I just got caught up getting my grandfather set up with hospice...that broke my heart and I just never seemed to get back in the groove after that. What I have been doing is couponing like crazy...went to a party and a girl there showed us how to do the Extreme Couponing like they show on tv where u end up with tons of free stuff. I think I am now addicted~a kit themed for that would be really awesome...LOL! But in the 2 months I have been serious about it I have stocked my freezer, pantry, not paid for toothpaste, liquid dishsoap, razers, deoderants, body washes and not more than 5 or 6 dollars for toilet paper and paper towels...I am in heaven being able to buy name brand stuff instead of the generics. But look at me rambling over here......I do think I am going to leave the Black Friday shopping to the hardcore shoppers and relax here at home and dedicate it to doing at least 1 scrapbook page I end up liking. I like ur idea Kristi....some yummy hot chocolate maybe and won't have to worry about cooking with thanksgiving leftovers.
Oh my goodness this sounds so close to my life. I've totally lost my scrapping mojo (& I started doing p365 and want to finish it). I'm helping to care more for my elderly grandmothers. Not 24/7 but more (including laundry). And then my sister started to teach me about extreme couponing. Now most of my "spare time" is spent with that. But I also have the free toothpaste, etc. My next big project is to figure out where I can create a "pantry".

I did a mini book for my nephew for Christmas but I still have more projects I want to complete in the next few weeks. I'm sort of hoping that I'll get inspired to scrap this weekend. Good luck to you!

Not exactly "Extreme Couponing" but I thought of this kit: https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...7&cat=0&page=1