Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind washing & drying...but that's about where I draw the line. LOL Getting it from the dryer to the dresser is for the birds. Thankfully, my hubby hates having it in piles or left in the dryer so he gets laundry duty. & complains about it every time.

And then I ever so nicely remind him, that he KNEW this about me before we were married...because he would come to my little house & fold the mountain of laundry that I kept on the love seat because I hate, hate folding & putting it away.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Laundry and dishes are such thankless, never ending chores. I don't mind the machine part at all, but I hate, hate, hate the folding and putting away. I would rather clean bathrooms, I hate it that much. I make DH do his own laundry, and I'm responsible for doing for myself and the 3 kids. I've tried doing a load every other day (wash and dry one day, fold the next) but it didn't work out. When I try to fit it in that frequently I get pulled away from the folding over and over again when the kids need me or the must-do chores (like making meals) have to get done. There was never a feeling of accomplishment-there was always just more laundry. I do better when I get into a folding groove and make that my main chore a couple of days a week.

I only use Tide Free, or whatever their dye and perfume free detergent is called. My 5-year old has very sensitive skin. The few times that I've tried something else, he reacted to it and I had to rewash all his clothes (since of course I couldn't remember exactly what had been in the bad load) and give the bottle of detergent away. So not worth it.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, laundry! I go in cycles with it. When it's mostly done, I don't mind doing a load a day to keep up with it. When I get behind, I loathe it! Unfortunately, I'm behind right now. I was using Seventh Generation soap, fabric softener and non-chlorine bleach with Febreze (the laundry version) just to get rid of the man-stink in the clothes. I ran out of the Febreze a week or so ago and can't find it in the local stores - and I don't go to the Commissary again until next week. Out of desperation, I tried using vinegar in place of the fabric softener and it seems to be working great! I wonder if that's because it helps rinse the detergent out completely? Anyway, I'm happy because white vinegar is a whole lot less expensive than the Febreze - and, since I put it in the fabric softener dispenser, I'm not using the liquid fabric softener anymore. I washed about 4 loads of laundry today and they're all sitting on the pool table waiting to be folded & put away - and there are probably as many loads waiting in the laundry room to be dealt with tomorrow
Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I dont mind the washing and drying, but I hate folding and putting it all away.
Thats why you cant see my dining table at the moment, its covered in clothes.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

oh and I use Wisk for everybody's laundry...my kids have the most sensitive skin and it is the only thing that doesn't irritate them~and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bounce dryer bar...cause dryer sheets end up EVERYWHERE in my house!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have several sorting 'baskets'. When it's full, it goes in the washer. I do towels once a week.

Also curious.....how do you all do your whites? Do you use a special detergent? Bleach?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Also curious.....how do you all do your whites? Do you use a special detergent? Bleach?
Whites? Bright color, opposite of black? Nope. None of that here. LOL-I'm a klutz and spill things frequently, so between that and the grubby hands always reaching for me I'd never buy anything white for myself. Same goes for the kids. Socks and a few onesies are about all we own in white, and we just wash them with everything else.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I don't bleach anything....but I do do white's seperate and on hot...my husband wears white tshirts everyday and all the kids have white socks....plus I do have some grubby white tshirts I wear to paint in and sometimes sleep in
Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

With 7 people in my house who all wear white socks and undies and 4 "men" who wear white undershirts everyday...you could say we have a little bit of white laundry (do you know how many white socks a family of 7 can accumulate in a weeks time *eye twitch*)

I wash mine seperate in hot with lots of bleach and just regular detergent (I like Gain right now...but I often change cause I get sick of a scent).

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We do use bleach on our whites - and hot water - I can't find an alternative that actually works!

AND yes, I'm STILL doing laundry TODAY....I should take a picture of my family room...It's covered in folded clothes. hehehe

Penny
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Is it bad that I do not separate my laundry at all? I mean, I usually wash towels in a load together, etc. But I don't separate colors from whites - it just all goes in together. Does make it easier!

My Blog -- Three 4 Me

Proudly creating for Zoe Pearn
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
AND yes, I'm STILL doing laundry TODAY....I should take a picture of my family room...It's covered in folded clothes. hehehe
I love this! I have a TON of laundry sitting on our pool table right now & I've already decided that I'm not going to fold it/put it away until it's all done and I've taken a picture of it! I hate to think how long it's going to take to fold all that laundry
Old 04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I don't mind doing laundry. I do 3 or 4 loads per week - whites, colors, darks and towels. It's easy and I can do it all in one day. I use Tide, Oxyclean and original scent Downy. I've noticed a huge difference since I added in the Oxyclean. My whites are much brighter.