Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crecia27 View Post
A Bind it All - but they could only find the blue one so I'm on the hunt for the pink one today!
If you have an Archivers store in your area...try them...that is where I got mine.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
It's hard to pick a favorite...I got a Making Memories 12" x 12" Precision Paper Trimmer (even gave DH my 30% off coupon from Archiver's to use on it, lol, so not a surprise, but I'm so excited to have a paper cutter in the house now!), a Gary Fong Puffer Pop-Up Flash Diffuser, and a Wireless Remote Control for my Nikon D40x. I was so excited to be able to put the camera on the tripod and take a family picture in front of the Christmas tree!
You got a GFPPUFD? What in the world? Ok I have a Canon Rebel...so maybe we speak a different language. Actually I've only had it a year and not practiced a whole lot with settings and accessories yet (got it and my boys started refusing to smile!!!).... so maybe it is also for the Canon...but what is it...what does it do? Spill girlfriend...the name alone sounds important.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Did you get the red ones or stainless steel ones? I got the red ones and LOOOVE them!! I also got some bakeware and giftcards from the ILs. I have to say my best though is my sweet new shiny Mac!! (combined bday and Christmas) Woot!
Congrats on the Mac!! sweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt
Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My KitchenAid stand mixer!!! & I got a fabric steamer too!!! WOOHOOO no more ironing!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would have to say it's a tie between my GPS (which was a couple gift) and the $500 my mom & stepdad gave me...woo hoo! WOW what a surprise!!! I sure felt "better" real quick! I am HOPING to get a new lens for my Rebel.

Of course when dh gets around to finishing my Christmas present which is now turning into my birthday present...that will be a fave too...but I guess it will be a birthday fave next month! lol

I received 2 DS games for Christmas...my 20yo ds cracked up last night when he realized that **I** was the "first kid" to whip out her game boy on Christmas to play games at Grammy's house! lol

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 12-26-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My two favs... my MIL bought me 6 months of maid service and hubby bought me a Mac Book Pro.. a complete surprise!!!! Any recommendations on a router (I think that is what it's called)? I would like for my iMac and lappy to communicate.. if that is even possible.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kelly* View Post
My two favs... my MIL bought me 6 months of maid service and hubby bought me a Mac Book Pro.. a complete surprise!!!! Any recommendations on a router (I think that is what it's called)? I would like for my iMac and lappy to communicate.. if that is even possible.
wow 6 months of maid service...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sweettttt
Old 12-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I got a ton of clothes and boots from my mom.. I had picked most of it out, so it was no shock, but I love it all.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

It's a three way tie between my new food processer/blender/juicer and my new lens for my Rebel and my gorgeous new Cashmere/Wool Pea Coat my hubby got me
Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
It's a three way tie between my new food processer/blender/juicer and my new lens for my Rebel and my gorgeous new Cashmere/Wool Pea Coat my hubby got me
What type of lens did you get? What is it made for ... i.e. wide angle, action, etc.....but in English...I'm still a newb when it comes to learning about lens for cameras.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kelly* View Post
My two favs... my MIL bought me 6 months of maid service
Now that's what I call a xmas present!!! LOL!!

Happy to be creating for....
Old 12-26-2008, 10:08 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Hubby's in Iraq for xmas this year, so it was just me and the little ones...but I did get a Coach Purse, Magnifique Perfume/Lotion (Lancome) and I bought myself a Wii Fit a few weeks ago!!

Happy to be creating for....
Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm getting Lightroom 2.0 from the in-laws when we see them next week
And my brother is awesome and surprised me with this pretty Janine King tote for my laptop!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Kay View Post
What type of lens did you get? What is it made for ... i.e. wide angle, action, etc.....but in English...I'm still a newb when it comes to learning about lens for cameras.
I got a replacement for my 50mm 1.8 lens, it lets in a ton of light and has a shallow depth of field...good for portraits and low-light situations
Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim21673 View Post
But my ultimate fave gift I got a few months ago...my brand new Nikon D90 (I wanted to D300 but decided it was too much camera for me....I upgraded to the D90 from the D40x)
Oooh, I want to hear what you think of your D90! (drool, drool, drool... )

I have had the D40x for a year now, and would SO love to get the D90, but financially that just won't be happening any time soon. So please feel free to do a review/comparison of the D40x vs. the D90. Lucky you!

Blog | Twitter
Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
I got a replacement for my 50mm 1.8 lens, it lets in a ton of light and has a shallow depth of field...good for portraits and low-light situations
You speak English! lol I try so hard in the camera shop to pay attention and learn...but my eyes glaze over...I gotta find an easy way to learn the lingo! lol I think it is because they don't get to the point...they have to say it in a 100 words or more! Wish I could hang out with you and learn the tricks!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

CS4!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
You speak English! lol I try so hard in the camera shop to pay attention and learn...but my eyes glaze over...I gotta find an easy way to learn the lingo! lol I think it is because they don't get to the point...they have to say it in a 100 words or more! Wish I could hang out with you and learn the tricks!
LOL yes, I just make Dani explain it all to me
Old 12-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oooh, I want to hear what you think of your D90! (drool, drool, drool... )

I have had the D40x for a year now, and would SO love to get the D90, but financially that just won't be happening any time soon. So please feel free to do a review/comparison of the D40x vs. the D90. Lucky you!
All I have to say is I wish I would have known 1 1/2 years ago what I know now about cameras!!! I LOVE my D90. My DH bought me the D40x for our anniversary and I quickly outgrew it. I hated the fact I was limited to AF-S lenses and refused to buy a lens that was double what I paid for the camera!! I absolutely hated the fact that there were only 3 focal points and no in camera motor. I sold my D40x to my brother last night and am using that money to upgrade my glass!!!!

Things I love about the D90
1. more focal points (11 instead of 3) which was a MAJOR bonus and something I really looked for
2. more lens choices....I'm finally able to buy my 50mm and don't have to use manual focus!!!! There are some primes I really want!
3. dual wheels for aperature and shutter speed...it was a pain only having one wheel for both
4. less grain in low light/high ISO settings
5. my SB600 is a lot faster

A few things I could care less about is the live view and the movie mode...never used them and probably never will.

I did go back and forth between the D300 and the D90 but finally settled on the D90. My dad actually bought the camera for me and I am making monthly payments to him!! You have to LOVE parents!!!! There is no way we had the extra money. I would like to go "semi" professional in the next few years so upgrading my camera was a must. Right now I am just taking portraits of family but will be porfolio building in the near future!!!!

Good luck with getting an upgrade in the near future!!! It IS an awesome camera!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Mine was the supercool 1 TB EHD that DH bought me on black Friday. So now I have my Big Daddy & the lil'un - my 300 GB. Oh, and my ex bought a Wii for my oldest for him to keep here, so basically my ex bought us a Wii. lol I was CRACKING UP at my DH & my oldest bowling earlier tonight. (DS just got home today from his Dad's)

I would SO love to have gotten a rockin camera (that I dropped SOOOOOOO many hints about, but DH just isn't a hint taker) or a killer laptop, but again, he just can't take a hint. Even when I point to something, circle it a bunch of times & say "I want THIS".

Oh, and I think I might have to snag Jessica's killer flair of Trace Adkins. Can we say YUM?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got the D90 too (a month early) and I LOVE it! I could care less about the live view for picture taking, but it is fab for video taking. I sent a vid of DS #1 singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas to all the family. If I had to put the camera up to my face, he would clam up, but with the Live View I just held it down and helped him.

I LOVE my 50 1.8 with it too, so much light with no flash!! Now that I'm more used to it!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jay spoiled me rotten...and said the baby made him buy it so he was helpless against my requests to keep things baby-focused this year! LOL

I got an Epson Artisan 800 printer (whoo-hoo!!) and maybe a few "select" Adobe programs that make me wish for student status at academic superstore for more than just the next 6 months!

Now I'll be glued to my computer even more (if that's possible).

Loving reading all your goodies!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Best for me was the ability to scrape up enough money to buy Kassi the Nintendo DS she wanted and a couple games. I called the local Radio Shack and they held it for me, two hours before they closed on the 23rd, last one they had left. I will have a spending budget of about 12 bucks for the rest of the year. Oh well, everything is taken care of so that's more than some people. The look on her face was worth every penny. And I happen to like playing the LIttlest Pet Shop garden game. Getting ready to go do that now actually!

Hubby got me a yankee candle and the new Britney CD. We don't go all out for holidays anymore. No credit cards (thank goodness) to do that with.

facebook
Old 12-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
You got a GFPPUFD? What in the world? Ok I have a Canon Rebel...so maybe we speak a different language. Actually I've only had it a year and not practiced a whole lot with settings and accessories yet (got it and my boys started refusing to smile!!!).... so maybe it is also for the Canon...but what is it...what does it do? Spill girlfriend...the name alone sounds important.
This is the Gary Fong Puffer Pop-up Flash Diffuser. Looks like it's compatible with a wide variety of cameras.
You can also get it here. Or Google it, too.

It's not going to do the great and wonderful things that an external flash would do for my photos, but for under $20 it's hard to go wrong. So far I like it. If nothing else, it makes it easier on my kids. Without the diffuser, they would always squint in anticipation of the pop-up flash going off.

Blog | Twitter
Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

definitely my EHD that my aunt bought me.. though, i got that the weekend before.
best christmas day gift? $40 gift card to michael's. -nods- gotta go restock my paper and stuff.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Well we bought new living room furniture that I absolutely love so I knew my Christmas present early but my MIL surprised us and bought us a WII....it was a huge surprise cause she's usually one of those people that never buy you what you ask for. We didn't ask for a WII but we sure have been wanting one!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Wii Fit
Old 12-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Dh and I decided since money was tight we wouldn't be exchanging gifts for each other this year- it was just as fun watching Lexi open her gifts! Although he did surprise me with a 16 GB flash drive! Haha I am such a geek when it comes to gifts! LOL Who would have thought before digiscrapping I would be excited about a flash drive??? LOL!

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I got a Bamboo Fun Tablet! I am really anxious to start learning how to use it.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved all my presents. DH and I jointly decided that the kitchen table was the present to each other. His sister got me a 10 cup food processor that I love, my mom and dad got me a sewing machine which was totally unexpected, and magazine subscriptions! A good Christmas and now my DD is almost 17 months so she seems to understand the concept of presents better. She LOVED the wagon we got her.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This is the Gary Fong Puffer Pop-up Flash Diffuser. Looks like it's compatible with a wide variety of cameras.
You can also get it here. Or Google it, too.

It's not going to do the great and wonderful things that an external flash would do for my photos, but for under $20 it's hard to go wrong. So far I like it. If nothing else, it makes it easier on my kids. Without the diffuser, they would always squint in anticipation of the pop-up flash going off.
Thanks for explaining! Have you done some comparision photos (with and without)? I'd love to see!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got 3 gifts and all 3 sucked