Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Ok, since I have Disney on the brain, LOL!

How many times have you been?

I've never stayed for a week, and never at a Disney hotel. But the funny thing is I'm already thinking about when we will try and go again. That's the only thing about Keira's Make A Wish Trip, we are staying @ Give Kids the World It has a central location to all the parks.

More pictures of GKTW, if you're interested. I think when we go back we'll try to volunteer there as well.

But I've been to Disney Parks, 6 times I think, never more than 1 at a time and I've never stayed more than 2 days.

I've been to Epcot in 1997, my first time to a Disney Park even though I grew up 3 hours away.
Magic Kingdom in 1999 for Grad Night
Tokyo Disneyland in 2001
Tokyo Disney Sea in 2002
Animal Kingdom in 2002 (we did stay inside the Disney Compound, just at the Best Western close to Dowtown Disney)
Magic Kingdom in 2010, plus a character breakfast & Downtown Disney

Last edited by nesser1981; 01-22-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DisneyWorld - once
DisneyLand - twice
Old 01-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I have been to Disneyland Paris 6 times, Florida twice and California once. Planning on California again next year and a Disney cruise the year after. I would go every year but DH 'needs' to travel the world
Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DisneyWorld -- At least five. We lived in Florida when DW first opened and we may have went more than once, but I'll just count that as one time. Have number six planned for this summer (it's actually a 15 day trip with both Disney and Universal parks... and Sea World if I can talk DH into it).

Disneyland -- 4 times. Love me some Disneyland. It's my favorite, but the family prefers WDW so that's where we're going.

This trip is for my son's high school graduation. My daughter will graduate two years from now and she wants Disneyland. What a great tradition to be starting!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want to maybe do a Disney Cruise before we go back to Disney I think. I love cruises.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Disney World once on our honeymoon for 6 days...we stayed at the Contemporary Resort.

We're planning a trip for when Brian gets home next year..it will be the kids first trip and I think they'll be at the perfect ages at 4 and 7. We hope to stay at the Grand Floridian or the Boardwalk Inn. It'll also give them something to look forward to for when their Daddy gets home

Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Never. But we are hoping to remedy that next December. I've never even been to Flordia or Cali (except LA airport).
Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Disneyland - I'm not sure, probably 10 times anyway. I went there as a kid several times (we spent a lot of summers in San Diego because we had family there) and then we sent several times when we were stationed in San Diego and Christopher was young when we lived there. These were always day trips or just 2 days.

WDW - 3 times - Now that Cheyanne and I are living on the East Coast, we go to WDW. These are 7-10 day trips. Our first time was when she was 5 and we've been back every 2 years. We're due to go this year but we're thinking about going to San Diego to visit my sister and cousins as well as show her around the city there. We might go up to DL for a day or 2 while there, we'll see.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Disney World once on our honeymoon for 6 days...we stayed at the Contemporary Resort.

We're planning a trip for when Brian gets home next year..it will be the kids first trip and I think they'll be at the perfect ages at 4 and 7. We hope to stay at the Grand Floridian or the Boardwalk Inn. It'll also give them something to look forward to for when their Daddy gets home
They will be the perfect ages!

The first time went w/ the kids was a quick trip, just one day, Keira was almost 5 and she loved it! Cooper had just turned 2 and didn't care, but he was free. LOL!

This time Cooper will celebrate his 4th birthday at the Magic Kingdom and Keira will be 7 in May. Perfect ages!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

4 times to WDW - twice when I was a kid and twice as an adult. Took Blake the last time and he had fun (was under 2 doesn't really remember but it was nice since he was free! LOL)

5-6 times to DL? When we lived in Sacramento we went down to DL quite a few times...enough that I don't remember how often! DH actually proposed to me at DL - right in front of the castle So DL holds a special place in my heart

Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My first trip to WDW wasn't until I was 24, but I've been once a year every year since 2007. As corny as it may sound, it really is my happy place. I just love it!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I live in so cal....so I have been to Disneyland once if not twice a year since it opened...my husband used to work there as a cook and my daughter worked there as Winnie the Pooh...so there were additional visits during that time...we have stayed at various hotels there...we've been to Disneyworld and on the Disney cruise once...so anything you want to know about Disneyland...just ask =)
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
My first trip to WDW wasn't until I was 24, but I've been once a year every year since 2007. As corny as it may sound, it really is my happy place. I just love it!
I would go every year if we could afford to Kendall! I love Disney, I'm so happy that I was stationed in Japan and go to do those parks.

I'd be happy to go every 3 years until my kiddos move out. I asked DH the other day if he would mind doing another Disney trip in a few years and he said not at all, he likes Disney!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Disney World -4 times
Disneyland-1 time.

Twice at Disney World for 5 days, one for 4 days, once for 3 days. 3 Days at Disneyland. it's never enough
Old 01-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have been to WDW twice, the first time when I was 35. We went as a family and it everyone's first time, so it was super special. We stayed at the Disney Institute, which I loved, for five days.

The second time we went we stayed at the "Pop" one and I didn't care for it nearly as much, but still loved the trip. Even with six adults and 3 kids to try to keep track of and make happy. That was for 4 days

We went on a 4 days Disney cruise in 2006 and that was awesome too, but I feel like I missed a lot of things, so I want to go again. I just love everything Mickey.

I have promised myself that I will make another trip in 2012. My sister and I have already started planning and we are kinda wondering if we can sneak away without the rest of the family and just be fairy tale princesses for a week at Christmas time.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've only been to Disney World.

Once when I was 12 with my parents, we stayed in Kissimee and didn't research anything, we missed a lot. We went 5 days but stayed in Florida 2 weeks.

Last October, DH and I went 17 days to Florida: 4 days @ Universal, staying at Royal Pacific Resort and 13 days @ Disney staying at the Dolphin, which is the absolute best in quality and value. Not a Disney hotel, but on Disney property, walking distance to Epcot and DHS, great restaurants, Disney EMH and transportation and rates under 200 $ for a deluxe hotel. Seriously, I can't wait to go back. We were planning another trip next October, but we are most likely going to postpone it, since we are getting a new house built instead.

Also, I just wanted to note that since airfare is so expensive from Canada (about 1000$ each round trip), we can't just go for 4-5 days. It's more economic for us to go for 2 weeks at a time, but space our trips accordingly.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

3 time to Disney World, 0 to Disney Land

First time was in 1998, only went to Epcot because I was there to see my high school sweetheart who was stationed there and we had lots of place to see in a short amount of time
2000 - my mom went on a business trip & I tagged along. Since it was just me during the day I mostly hung out in downtown Disney or at the motel, but we hit up Epcot again.
2001 - my then boyfriend (now ex-dh) and I went and got engaged at Epcot, also hit up Magic Kingdom.

I am hoping to go on a trip next year with my son who will be 6 or 7 then. I need to see Animal Kingdom.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My grandparents used to live in FL, so when we were growing up, we went down for Christmas every other year and visited the parks: WDW 2x, Sea World, Circus World, Busch Gardens, MGM. The last trip was the year before my grandfather died when I was 13.

I've never been to DL (or CA for that matter).
Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post

That is great ages! Just FYI a lot of the rides are 40 inches...so plan accordingly if miss Ella is on the petit side. Course maybe your Avery isn't an adrenaline junkie like mine so maybe he won't want to ride the "big" rides. Mine were 4.5 and 7 last year and it was perfect!

Oh and I've been twice (once after DH got back from the Iraq War and then last year). We'll go again someday, just when our funds replenish and we get back from overseas. If you know when Brian gets back (and add some cushion) have you thought about staying at the Shades of Green? Good location and you get the EMH which were fabulous. But they do fill up fast so you want to make reservations ahead of time. And I believe you can reserve up to 3 rooms if you want family to join you (or not)!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's my happy place too...I have been to WDW twice, the first time when I was 30, and then again last summer...we are planning a trip this coming December.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Disney Land - several times when I was in 3rd-5th grade (eons ago)

Disney World:
- 1984 Honeymoon (Magic Kingdom & Epcot were all that were there) in hotel
- 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary (my two younger boys - 1st time there) at Disney Music
- 2011 Robotics Competition at Disney ESPN (stayed for 10 days) in friend's rental home
- 2012 Went with friend - stayed for 7 days in her rental home

...each of the times for 2009, 2011, and 2012 we went to all 4 parks.

This last week when I went was really different! No kids, no dh, just a friend and I ... we ate our way through the countries in Epcot sharing different desserts, pastries, and a meal ... that was really fun. We pin traded and shopped to our heart's content! Even ate at Tony's restaurant (think of Lady & the Tramp), 50's Prime Time Cafe, and was supposed to go to a Luau but it got cancelled because of cold weather. It was really a fun trip! On the days we didn't eat at the park (aka PAY), we brought cheese quesadillas to munch on ... they travel quite well ... just make them up before you leave in the morning, cut into pie shapes and put in a plastic baggie.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Never. We didn't really do big vacations as a kid (other than Branson once and skiing in Colorado once) and haven't been able to since we got married either. I've pretty much only been to states immediately surrounding Kansas lol! My DH has been to Disneyland once as a kid I think, but they were visiting family that lived in California at the time.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirScrapalot View Post
It's my happy place too...I have been to WDW twice, the first time when I was 30, and then again last summer...we are planning a trip this coming December.
Oh, you will LOVE the parks at Christmas, Aaron! Everything is even more magical...if that's even possible!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I adore anything Disney WDW is my happy place its is fantastic we are going back for 2 weeks this October. I've been to...

Disneyland Paris 15 times.
Disney World Orlando 13 Times
Disneyland California 10 TImes

After this October we are planning on going to Disney in Tokoyo as we haven't been yet so can't wait x
Old 01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Oh, you will LOVE the parks at Christmas, Aaron! Everything is even more magical...if that's even possible!
Agree! After this past trip I've declared December my fave time to go to WDW

anyways..been to DL 3 times and WDW 7 or 8..just 2 times with kids though (used to live in FL)

I'm planning another trip in Dec 2013 at the Poly

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

from the 3ird grade to my senior year in high school we went every other month. My aunt & uncle are Disney Cast Members and would get us in for free. I loved it. Since having kids we have been to Disney 5 times. We got annual passes last year and are planning on visiting at least 4 to 6 times before they expire. We are going next month with my parents (it'll be the 2nd time we've gone to WDW with them).

Only 13 more days!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

WDW: once when we had Sam and she was 7...stayed for 8 days at the Port Orleans and went to all the parks

DL:
Mar 1993 ne day trip...we lived in san Diego
Mar 1994: 2 day trip and we went to Universal as well Sam was 11 months
July 1995: Sam was 2.5 yo and she had a blast, stayed for 2 days on our way across country to VA
Mar 2007: 3 kids {14, 6 and 15 months}...we stayed 8 days and also went to Sea World and Universal..Universal was not a big hit for the 6 and 15 month old cause they couldn't ride very many things}
July 2008: 2 kids {we only took the 2 oldest, 15 and 7} and stayed for 9 days..stopped in San Francisco for a visit and we also went to Sea World for a day and LegoLand for 2 days.....we had so much fun!

we have never stayed at a DL hotel but hope to one of these days...and I woudl LOVE to do a Disney Cruise!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post

we have never stayed at a DL hotel but hope to one of these days...and I woudl LOVE to do a Disney Cruise!!!
The cruises are awesome, not that I am an expert having only been on one. There is so much to see and do that it is super easy to miss a lot, so make sure you do a little research and plan things out. And while Disney Cruises are for families, keep in mind how small a state room really is. That boat can get pretty small when you have two grown ups and a kid in one little room.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Disney World more times then I can count as a kid. As an adult only once. Universal, IOA, Sea World and Busch Gardens dozens each and Epcot probably five or six times

ETA:I have never been to Animal Kingdom, MGM/Hollywood Studios or the two water parks. I did stay at one of the resorts as a kid. I think Fort Wilderness or something like that? I have been dying to go to the preserve they have there at Disney. I read about it online a few years ago and never went. I think it is either free to go or a very small fee but it is supposed to be just woods/hiking which I love.

Last edited by jessica31876; 01-24-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

2015 will be my 25th trip to WDW. I've never been to DL. My father was born and raised in Florida, so we went every summer to Disney and to see his family.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Disneyland - about 50+ times
Disney World - 2 times

Having lived in California and now Oregon, I've been to Disneyland a ton more than Disney World. We've loved our trips to Disney World and it will probably be the park we go to next time. I'm hoping to plan a winter trip for 2013. I absolutely adore planning trips and I read up on Disney World all the time. It's a hobby for me.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
Disneyland - about 50+ times
Disney World - 2 times

Having lived in California and now Oregon, I've been to Disneyland a ton more than Disney World. We've loved our trips to Disney World and it will probably be the park we go to next time. I'm hoping to plan a winter trip for 2013. I absolutely adore planning trips and I read up on Disney World all the time. It's a hobby for me.
I kind of feel like this too Julie, I love all things about Disney World.

I regret not getting down to Disneyland when we were stationed in California, but it was just Sean & I then, Keira wasn't even 1 when we left.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

oh man. i can't even count how many times I have been to Disneyland. I live about 15 minutes away and I try to go AT LEAST every other week. I have had a AP for the past 18 or 19 years. It was the place I hung out at every Friday and Saturday night when I was in high school! LOL!

I went to WDW when I was 5 and I finally JUST got to go back for my 30th birthday this past September!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i've been to disneyland several times...i live in northern california...i plan on taking my little guy in november or december so we can experience all the christmas magic...

i've never been to disney world but i plan on taking my son the end of this year or next year...most likely next year because i want to stay at the poly...

we've been on one disney cruise and my son and two cousins had a blast...i think it's the best cruise i've been on and i've been on several cruises...i would love to go on another cruise but i figured for how much it would cost us to go we could go to disney world
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Well I live here so...

lots of school field trips, several Very Merry Christmas Parties, one Not-So-Scary Halloween and then TONS of time with my son when we had passes...the advantage of living 30 minutes away

one Disney cruise and lots of trips to Downtown Disney just to walk around and eat

We've only ever stayed in the Fort Wilderness Campground or the All-Star resorts because we live so close.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So fun to read about everyone's experiences!

Disneyland: More times than I can remember. My mom's side of family all lives in So Cal and has season passes so we've gone quite a lot including summer, spring break, Christmas and three times for New Years Eve (my favorite way to ring in the New Year, hehe). I've only been to California Adventure twice though.

Disneyworld: Never until 2009 and then 3 times in like a year and half, haha. First time was a pre-deployment trip with just Adam and I in 2009 and then two other times with family after that while my little sister was an Animal Kingdom intern.

Tokyo Disney/Disneysea: Once in 2006 while we were living in South Korea. LOVED it!

Of the 3, Disneyland is still my favorite. It's just not Disney without the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Isn't Disney Sea so cool? I wish they had one in the states!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
So fun to read about everyone's experiences!

Disneyland: More times than I can remember. My mom's side of family all lives in So Cal and has season passes so we've gone quite a lot including summer, spring break, Christmas and three times for New Years Eve (my favorite way to ring in the New Year, hehe). I've only been to California Adventure twice though.

Disneyworld: Never until 2009 and then 3 times in like a year and half, haha. First time was a pre-deployment trip with just Adam and I in 2009 and then two other times with family after that while my little sister was an Animal Kingdom intern.

Tokyo Disney/Disneysea: Once in 2006 while we were living in South Korea. LOVED it!

Of the 3, Disneyland is still my favorite. It's just not Disney without the Matterhorn and Indiana Jones.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Since childhood, more than 15 times. However, I've never been to Disneyland. We try to go to Disney World at least once a year. Sometimes we go twice a year. If so, one trip is a big one with the whole family & grandparents and the other trip is a day or two with just my husband and I. We live in Florida, so it's just a couple hours to get there. We used to have annual passes, but the deals have been good and we never go more than twice a year. The FL Resident discount on tickets and resort helps, too. If we had to pay for a flight and full price admission/hotel we would probably go every-other year.

Also, we've figured out that the best way to do Disney is to stay at the Disney Resorts. I highly suggest it!!! You get the extra magic hours, great transportation to the parks, and you never feel like you leave the magical experience when you go back to the hotel. Also, their themed pools are incredible!

We are going in a week! EEEeee! I get more excited than the kids. LOL.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Isn't Disney Sea so cool? I wish they had one in the states!
Yeah, it's amazing! They spent a TON of money building it and it shows!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Disneyland is my favorite place ever!! My first trip was when I was 17 and I've been 4 more times after that. We went to DL for our honeymoon too. My son was 8 months old on our last trip and I've had two more kids since then I really really want to go back! I think we are going next year. I am a little terrified though lol. The boys will be 5, 3 and 1. It should be interesting