Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2023, 05:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Cool DSD is coming...

And we designers still have design time. Might be fun for us to see ideas of your hopes and dreams for kits that might be made for it.

Go ahead, influence us.... Bwahahaha
Old 09-01-2023, 05:59 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I would love a national parks series as a base then with add ons for parks in each state or something like that.

Also one in the theme of the Marvelous Mrs. Maizel TV Show

Anime/Menga my husband and 1 child are use anime/manga folks
Old 09-01-2023, 11:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would love a non-gendered nerdy teen kit. My kid is not into dressing up/makeup/dating/other girl things but also not sporty or outdoorsy. I'd love a teen kit that's about writing, reading, listening to music, art, etc.

I'm getting married in a couple weeks so, of course, I'd love more wedding kits!
Old 09-01-2023, 11:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I would love a non-gendered nerdy teen kit. My kid is not into dressing up/makeup/dating/other girl things but also not sporty or outdoorsy. I'd love a teen kit that's about writing, reading, listening to music, art, etc.

I'm getting married in a couple weeks so, of course, I'd love more wedding kits!
Your daughter sounds like mine. Even now as an adult in her first year working as an accountant, she still won't do anything to make herself look more professional.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureMom View Post
I would love a national parks series as a base then with add ons for parks in each state or something like that.

It would be interesting to think out a parks kit. I do like doing those outdoorsy type ones. Mrs. Maizel would be a crack up and I'm already on top of the Jewish thing. LOL. And my daughter loves the manga stuff and goes to comicons that are based on manga stuff.
Old 09-02-2023, 10:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the national park idea... also with national battlegrounds and monuments, too.

I really need a kit on collections... especially coins. My son is obsessed with his coin collecting and there are only so many kits that have coins in them...

Construction - like road construction, etc. I was surprised there are very little kits on this subject in the shop anymore.
Old 09-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
It would be interesting to think out a parks kit. I do like doing those outdoorsy type ones. Mrs. Maizel would be a crack up and I'm already on top of the Jewish thing. LOL. And my daughter loves the manga stuff and goes to comicons that are based on manga stuff.
The Mrs. Maizel would be awesome in NYC there were a number of pop up events with the sets and clothes so I have so much to scrap
Old 09-02-2023, 06:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Oh national parks with add-ons sounds amazing!

I would love high school sports - generally maybe sports that are played, but also going to cheer on your kids or your friends etc. Hanging out at the games, concessions (lots of volunteering for concessions lol). Though I know there are so many great sports kits (and fans kits) already I just like new kits lol. My oldest just started water polo too - that has been hard to find specific kits/embellishments for
Old 09-02-2023, 07:02 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Oh yes this is another great idea! My daughter is the same, she enjoys sports to a point but not really like a joining the high school/middle school team but is not into makeup/dating either.
Old 09-02-2023, 09:05 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'd love something to use with all my photos from Colonial Williamsburg that's not red, white, and blue. I find autumn/neutral colors work so much better with photos of the buildings and Nation Builders/character interpreters.
Old 09-02-2023, 09:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I recently unboxed a batch of heritage photos of my great great and great grandparents that I would love to scrap, so I'd love to see a collection that isn't so bright and happy - lol, something more with vintage colors and elements.
Old 09-02-2023, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can go for any outdoorsy/national park kits for sure
Also any book/reading related kits
Bird watching/bird feeder/backyard birds
Old 09-03-2023, 08:22 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I would love a very neutral kit that could be used for just about anything. Kraft papers, etc
Old 09-03-2023, 08:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I need some baby boy kits. My niece just had her first child, a boy, two months ago
Old 09-03-2023, 12:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
I recently unboxed a batch of heritage photos of my great great and great grandparents that I would love to scrap, so I'd love to see a collection that isn't so bright and happy - lol, something more with vintage colors and elements.
I can't wait to see these scrapped, Jill! What a find!
Old 09-03-2023, 12:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DSD already?!! Where has this year gone?!
Old 09-03-2023, 12:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
DSD already?!! Where has this year gone?!
Right?? I’m like, “tracey, shhhhh.”

Old 09-03-2023, 06:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OMG Yes!!! I would love this! But also have add ons for National Historic Sites, National Historical Parks, National Forests, etc as there's more than just the National Parks in the NPS. There's a list on Wikipedia about the many different types of sites the NPS oversees

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...e#Nomenclature
Old 09-03-2023, 10:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaM View Post
I'd love something to use with all my photos from Colonial Williamsburg that's not red, white, and blue. I find autumn/neutral colors work so much better with photos of the buildings and Nation Builders/character interpreters.
Things like that are a really good thing to let designers know.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Right?? I?m like, ?tracey, shhhhh.?
As a scrapper, I'd probably still be buying kits for the next month until DSD comes. That is way too long to go without something fun and new. But as a designer, we are trying to both release in September and create extras for DSD. Always a challlenge.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Feels like something for designers like Em or Kristin - gorgeous work by them both certainly. Seeing as almost every one of my kits is bright and happy, I will probably not be a creator. LOL.
Old 09-03-2023, 10:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Eventually I will have a new series that will work for national parks but moreso on the nature regions and biomes so that they can be used more universally .. I just want to think of a better name because biomes is really a word I don't like lol. Makes me think of bacteria...lol. I had planned to start them in the spring during NSD but this year has been not very nice to me.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2023, 05:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
As a scrapper, I'd probably still be buying kits for the next month until DSD comes. That is way too long to go without something fun and new. But as a designer, we are trying to both release in September and create extras for DSD. Always a challlenge.
Oh, I get it! I am just not quite ready for it myself, haha!

Old 09-05-2023, 04:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am dying for Kristin's National Park series. I will NOT scrap my Joshua Tree NP photos until they come out. lol

Kits I need:
Summer Camp
Trying new types of foods
Gem digging
Basketball (I have used all my kits a bunch already)
Go carts/ATVs
First girlfriend/boyfriend
Military
Old 09-06-2023, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm working on a Disney album right now. I would love to see some more ride and land specific kits. Specifically I would love a Splash Mountain themed kit, some Fantasy land rides like Goofy's Barnstormer, and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I'd also love some other Toy Story themed kits for Alien Spinning Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash and Toy Story Mania. And some more specific Star Wars Land kits for building droids and lightsabers, for the rides Millenium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance and while I'm at it, a kit for visiting Oga's Cantina. There are so many cool and unique things to see in Galaxy's Edge that I haven't really seen in any of the existing Star Wars kits.

I'd also still love some 2 page templates with large photos and less than 10 photo spots. I'd love to see some with anywhere from 3 photos to 8 or so. I like all my scrapbook pages to match and sometimes I don't have a ton of photos of something but still want it to be a 2 page layout.

Last edited by Txcorey; 09-07-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2023, 03:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have tons of photos of the Vatican museum and not really finding the right kit for them. I'd love to see someone tackle that. Something a bit artsy like your Go Van Gogh kit would be amazing!
Old 09-06-2023, 04:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm interested in some more museum kits. I already own WendyP's Day at the Museum. We visited the Art Museum and the Natural History Museum in Chicago last year. I can see an art museum kit with marble and cool colors - wordart about different art periods - seeing master pieces. The one for a natural history museum would have a neutral color palette - could have dinos, Egypt, Native American memorabilia, American history, extinct animals, ages of the earth ...
Old 09-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I would be interested in seeing kits geared towards pre-teen and teen girls that deal with issues such as glasses, braces, weight and other issues that can affect a girl's self esteem. Often they don't have issues with it until someone, unthinking and unknowing, puts it on them. I remember our oldest daughter crying when she got braces because her boyfriend didn't like braces. Shortly after she got them, he broke up with her. Our middle granddaughter got glasses a few years ago after discovering that she is actually legally blind without them. She struggled in school as a result. She recently got braces. Thankfully she is comfortable in her own skin and deals with both of these changes happily. However, everyone doesn't because of attitudes pushed on them by others.
Old 09-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I would love to see some more Europe kits with detailed themes.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
I would love to see some more Europe kits with detailed themes.
yes to this as well.
I would love to see some Germany kits, but not with the red, yellow and black colors of the flag. I would use the kit to mainly scrap outdoors photos like ancient buildings, cathedrals, monuments, mountains etc... so green, blue, grey colors would be perfect.

Last edited by Saar; 09-07-2023 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:23 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Each year we go to the Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival with about 60+ balloons. I can never seem to get a kit with lots of colorful and fun balloons, they're usually just a "fly away" theme with only one or two similarly colored balloons.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So many great ideas. I hope some of our other designers have spotted this thread.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

National Parks/Monuments/Historic Sites (we've visited 21 of them in the past month and a half!)
And because I'm not going to stop asking for it until it happens, hahahaha, a Bachelor/Bachelorette/reality dating guilty pleasure show kit

Also I just really need more 'everyday' kits for PL. I tend to keep using the same ones lately.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would love some more kits for military museums, natural history museums, and WWII days as well as historical sites like Gettysburg. I agree that a more neutral color pallet would be great.

Also, cross country and track and field. My kids are runners (no idea where they got that from, BTW!) and while I have pictures of my kids from HS where their uniforms are black, red, and white, my daughter is now in college and their colors are royal blue, yellow, and white, so not too sure about a color palette for that! But I don't have any kits for cross country at all!

Last edited by 3BluEyedBabi; 09-09-2023 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 09:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! How time flies so fast...

Love all the ideas, here's some more:

I second all specific Disney attractions like
Slinky Dog Dash
Dumbo the Flying elephant
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups
Some Disney resort hotel theme would be cool too and a one about Elemental movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
yes to this as well.
I would love to see some Germany kits, but not with the red, yellow and black colors of the flag. I would use the kit to mainly scrap outdoors photos like ancient buildings, cathedrals, monuments, mountains etc... so green, blue, grey colors would be perfect.
I totally second this one too! Ancient buildings, cathedrals, monuments from Middle age or Renaissance for example.
More for Europe architecture but could be versatile I think.

I also love Kristin ideas for National Parks as it could be very versatile and be used for other places.

All this sounds great!
Old 09-11-2023, 09:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've had an "old buildings etc" kind of kit on my list for a while and hoping to have it for DSD this year!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Old 09-11-2023, 09:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willemijne DSI View Post
I've had an "old buildings etc" kind of kit on my list for a while and hoping to have it for DSD this year!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Oh Willie, it's going to be so cool! Finger crossed you have it for DSD!
Old 09-11-2023, 10:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes to old buildings. Monuments, architecture, cemeteries, etc. Grey, brown, grass green, and sky blue please.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This past weekend I used Erica's kit Captivating Cathedrals to scrap an old (European) town centre. Something in those colors, but with more city elements in stead of only cathedral/religious elements would be perfect. Something that reflects water features/fountains, castles/forts, rivers crossing the town, old walls, cobblestone streets, half-timbered houses and such things (all are perfect to scrap a lot of the historic European towns).

And since we are going to the Champagne region in a couple of weeks, I would love to have something to reflect that part of France. I'm not really looking for a champagen drinking kit, more for the natural environment.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I know there are lots of kits about RVs from a camping perspective, but I would love a kit that focuses more on a Fall road trip through the countryside, in one of those big bus-like RVs that you drive rather than the ones you tow behind you. (Guess what we're doing this Fall? *giggle*).

I would also love a Girls' Flag Football kit and more karate kits.

Thanks for being open to suggestions!
Old 09-13-2023, 03:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So this is a bit out of the box, but I think it could be something that would be useful for a wide variety of school or sports layouts. So, my idea is to have a kit/pack/bundle, whatever, with a rainbow of colors and have each color have the same items including: solid papers, flowers, ribbons and buttons so that you can customize your layout for your school colors. Then you could have either some neutral papers to go with some sort of school spirit or sports themes, but also have some templates for some ?school spirit? type items that you can use your school colors on. I was thinking a foam #1 sign, pom-poms, megaphone, jerseys, stars, and maybe even an alpha with 2 layers, kind of in the varsity font style, and maybe even some papers that could be customized...

Old 09-13-2023, 10:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Keep those wonderful ideas coming. No doubt some will fit some designers better than others.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like Jill, I too would like to see more vintage kits. Aged frames, torn vintage papers, vintage lace, tags, postcards, script, old stamps and tickets, etc.

Last edited by Lidia G; 09-16-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2023, 06:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I?m a huge fan of vintage/ heritage and have a few in my store that might tied you over until I finish some new ones that are on my to do list, you know that kind of list that keeps growing lol 😂
Old 09-16-2023, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angbrey View Post
Each year we go to the Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival with about 60+ balloons. I can never seem to get a kit with lots of colorful and fun balloons, they're usually just a "fly away" theme with only one or two similarly colored balloons.
Oh yes to this! I have never been to a big event but I went to a hot air balloon show that was held at a school. I had such a good time I would love a kit that had a lot of fun balloons.

I would also be interested in the National Parks kits.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
I have tons of photos of the Vatican museum and not really finding the right kit for them. I'd love to see someone tackle that. Something a bit artsy like your Go Van Gogh kit would be amazing!

I am scrapling the vatican museum know. And could use a kit for this.
And other buildings in Rome.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This is me as a scrapper. I can't miss the FWPs, I NEED them. lol

Old 09-20-2023, 08:05 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I would love to see a kit for Halloween Horror Nights and the other scary events that happen at the theme parks around this time. It could be part of Flergs' Adventure series.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Also I just really need more 'everyday' kits for PL. I tend to keep using the same ones lately.
keep your eyes peeled.. just saying
Old 09-20-2023, 10:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would love to see a kit around the foods kids eat. My daughter is stuck in a rut - especially KD (Kraft Mac and Cheese), chicken nuggets, cereal, sandwiches, alllll the snacks, fruit, grilled cheese.

Sadly, I've been stuck in almost the same rut as a picky eater lol