Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 01/13 Snow

Do you have any? Do you wish for snow? Has it been a typical season for snow in your area?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was out for two hours this morning with Taz, walking along the river. It finally snowed here last night, dropping down into the late teens/early 20's, and we woke to about 6" of fresh snow. This is the first snow of the winter here, when usually we get a bit in Nov/Dec but not this year. I love the look of snow and how clean and bright everything looks. Taz loves to run through the snow and after our walk he got to race around with his buddy who lives across the street. The two of them chased a ball for about 1/2 hour, digging thru the snow to find it, over and over again. What a fun morning.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We do not have any and it is currently 50 outside and sunny here. We don't usually have a guarantee snow time, though we might get some, most likely ice, at some point between now and early March.

eta. And no, I don't wish for it. I hate snow. lol

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 01-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I looove snow but only because it's such a novelty here in SC! We rarely get snow, and when we do, it's usually just a light dusting but is always enough to get people in an uproar!
Old 01-13-2020, 05:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't have any currently; they are predicting some later this afternoon/tonight. It's super dark out and has been pouring rain all day.

Although we are in an area that is surrounded by mountains, snow down on the valley floors isn't too typical. That being said I've lived here for 3 years now, and every year we've had some sort of atypical snow event; last years being the worst, we were without power for almost 72 hours. My inlaws and some other little communities were out for upwards of 3 weeks.

We are in Oregon and we expect mostly rain from October to June.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No. No. No. to snow!

We have to drive to the mountains for snow. I am not a fan. lol

Old 01-13-2020, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It snowed on Saturday. Most is gone today. Friday began in the 50’s and ended in the 20’s with freezing rain and thunderstorms. Saturday the snow began. It’s about typical for us. We’ve had one school ‘snow day’. Saturday would have been had it not been a weekend. We usually have more winter weather in February.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No snow ever here

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-13-2020, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by apphotos View Post
, we were without power for almost 72 hours. My inlaws and some other little communities were out for upwards of 3 weeks.
wow that is way too long to be without power!!!
Old 01-13-2020, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No snow here, it's been miuch warmer than typical. Typically it seems we get an inch of snow most days in the winter with an occasional bigger snowfall. This year we've had less than an inch twice and LOTS of rain. Boo. I prefer snow to rain!
Old 01-14-2020, 05:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love snow but with the weather we are having over here right now...I don't see it happening anytime soon but you never know.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:54 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We've had 3 snows this winter and the last one was last Monday. It snowed so much that it still has some piling up here and there around town. It makes the weather so icy and cold brrrr! We are at -10 degree Celcius here today and it's just crazy cold!!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We usually have lots of snow due to lake effect but with climate change, the weather's been warmer, lots of rain instead of snow, etc. It has snowed a few times (but it's melted in a few hours/overnight) and twice enough to sled or play in but that is unusual for us. We typically get the bulk of our snow in January & February but not yet this year.

I don't enjoy the snow (or cold) but I put up with it because this is where my family lives (and they would never move).
Old 01-14-2020, 11:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

No snow here right now. We have had a little dusting so far this winter. But it's been really warm compared to our usually winters. I work from home, so I don't usually mind the snow... I like one or two really big snow storms, and then I'm good! We had one winter that is was an inch or there allllll winter long... it was a constant mess... that I did not care for.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-14-2020, 12:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the snow! We've had small snow falls, but last night got a few inches. I wish we'd get more today, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I live right in the mountains at a fairly high elevation so we always have snow and for many months. Some winters we have tons of snow and then other winters not so much (although probably that is considered a lot for some lol)

I don't mind the snow, I really like skiing but I get a little down with how long winter lasts.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We rarely have snow -- the usual used to be about once a year and maybe about an inch. We got about .20 inch on Saturday morning from 9 to about 10 am -- the first show we had seen since 2015! The sun came out around noon. At about 2pm, I went on errands, and you could not even tell that it had snowed, and the streets were just about dry.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We usually have a lot.of snow but it really just started or has been cold enough for it to stay put! I typically love the snow- but not freezing rain! Our driveway is coated in ice & while shoveling the snow on top of it yesterday - I totally slipped. Like cartoon banana peel fall. Feet in the air, shovel flying & caught my fall with my right hand but still managed to land hard on my right hip. I got up & brushed myself off and was able to finish clearing the driveway. Last night my wrist was super sore & I was hoping it'd feel better today for work (I'ma dental hygienist), but I when I woke up this morning- I could barely walk. My back & neck is totally jacked. Surprisingly my wrist feels ok. I called in to work (which our schedule has fallen apart due to more snow over night!) I was able to get in for a massage this morning & now I'm on the couch with heat pad & ibuprofen! Ugh... getting old stinks... but at least the snow falling outside is pretty!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I loathe snow with a passion, every year question why we live in Wisconsin - count the days when we go somewhere warmer for a week... currently we have about 2-3 inches on the ground from the last two nights. We were suppose to have a huge blizzard last weekend with 8-12 inches predicted... we ended up with a light dusting. :P
Old 01-14-2020, 09:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We can see some snow on the mountains, and it has snowed "down here" once, but nothing has stuck. I grew up with snow from October-March most years, lol, so it doesn't really feel like winter (or fall, or spring, haha) without it. I mostly like snow on the weekends when you don't have to go anywhere.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It varies a lot from year to year, but I'd say our snow levels so far are under what we usually have by now. We've had one storm that left an inch and one that just gave us a dusting. What's more unusual is that it has been relatively wet but too warm for snow and that there's not much on the horizon; January through early March are usually prime snow time here. Our average winter snowfall is somewhere around 20 inches, but some years we get it all in 1 or 2 decent storms and other years it's one tiny storm after another. Based on the forecasts, it wouldn't surprise me if only get half our yearly average.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
We usually have a lot.of snow but it really just started or has been cold enough for it to stay put! I typically love the snow- but not freezing rain! Our driveway is coated in ice & while shoveling the snow on top of it yesterday - I totally slipped. Like cartoon banana peel fall. Feet in the air, shovel flying & caught my fall with my right hand but still managed to land hard on my right hip. I got up & brushed myself off and was able to finish clearing the driveway. Last night my wrist was super sore & I was hoping it'd feel better today for work (I'ma dental hygienist), but I when I woke up this morning- I could barely walk. My back & neck is totally jacked. Surprisingly my wrist feels ok. I called in to work (which our schedule has fallen apart due to more snow over night!) I was able to get in for a massage this morning & now I'm on the couch with heat pad & ibuprofen! Ugh... getting old stinks... but at least the snow falling outside is pretty!
Amie - hope you feel better today.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had more snow last night so we’re around 10-12 inches of snow. Seems strange to step into snow higher than my boots. I’ve been out taking pics but only in my neighborhood because I can’t get my car out of the driveway. Schools and many businesses closed today. The snow is over now and the temps will rise above freezing starting tomorrow. I loved the few days of snow!
Old 01-16-2020, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We've hardly had any snow all winter... a few small snow storms that melt away in two days.... it's also been pretty mild temperature wise, which is very ODD for January, I am worried February will be a long cold and snowy month, because it is not normal to still have grass this late in the season. I love snow, but I hate the bitter cold and honestly, I could care less in we get any after the holiday season is over. lol
Old 01-16-2020, 01:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We woke up to snow this morning! Not a lot at our house, but at an elevation of 711 feet we don't expect it to stick around. It's supposed to bring in more throughout the day and tonight.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the San Francisco East Bay so snow here...but I did wake up to any icy windshield!! We're supposed to be in the 60's by this weekend! Yay.