Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What makes you buy a kit ??

I whas looking around today in the store to look for something new to buy
and i noticed i whas skipping kits with no extra pack with journaling cards .. Then i looked at the kits i bought latley and they all got a extra journaling card pack !

So for me to buy a kit journaling cards are importend . so now i am wondering what is your go to when you buy a kit , is it the theme the flowers etc
Old 08-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The theme or colors
Old 08-24-2015, 05:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Flowers and ribbons!!
Old 08-24-2015, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbbumble View Post
I whas looking around today in the store to look for something new to buy
and i noticed i whas skipping kits with no extra pack with journaling cards .. Then i looked at the kits i bought latley and they all got a extra journaling card pack !

So for me to buy a kit journaling cards are importend . so now i am wondering what is your go to when you buy a kit , is it the theme the flowers etc
I am much more likely to buy if it has a coordinating journal card package as well.

However, I'm REALLY likely to buy it if it is a kit, priced as a kit only, but has enough journal cards included in the kit to use for a PL page.

For instance, this newly released kit by KCB and Tinkled Pink that was the price of a typical collab kit and I didn't have to spend more on the journal cards.

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...cat=770&page=1
Old 08-24-2015, 06:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Journalling cards aren't a factor for me. I definitely look for realistic flowers and foliage. I also like a full kit for my money. I guess I'm just used to lots of papers and elements. Some of the smaller kits I find hard to use because there's just not enough elements/papers to do what I want. Or to use more than once.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOTs and LOTs of Elements. A bunch of flowers for sure, but I need a lot of elements, because I'm not creative enough to use the same flower 5 times on a layout. My brain just doesn't work that way.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

(01) emo/moment kits (especially ones I can use for AAM pages)
(02) super-themed kits that fit photos I know I haven't scrapped yet
(03) a color scheme that catches my eye
(04) Fourth of July, Christmas, & school kits (my scrap kryptonite!)

There are a couple of designers that I just like everything they make even if I don't need it or have no idea what I'd scrap with it if I did buy it. I will wishlist it and come back to it during a sale.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mainly the themes. Journal cards do nothing for me.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After just being attracted to the color palette, patterns and/or theme, I generally need a large volume of stuff included -- all kinds of stuff! If there are very few elements, I don't how great the papers, it will be too hard for me to scrap with.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a lot more likely to buy a kit if it has a lot of generic elements in it because I more often than not use it for a page that's off theme too.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Fantastic, fresh color schemes and plentiful exciting elements. I also appreciate a lot of flowers & foliage, solid colored papers, and patterns that are less busy like tone-on-tones. I donʻt care if it has journaling cards. In fact, I sometimes wish I had the designs & words on word art, not a card.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
Fantastic, fresh color schemes and plentiful exciting elements. I also appreciate a lot of flowers & foliage, solid colored papers, and patterns that are less busy like tone-on-tones. I donʻt care if it has journaling cards. In fact, I sometimes wish I had the designs & words on word art, not a card.
haha this could have been written by me!

Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Journal cards (both with sayings and places to journal) and realistic flowers.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Color scheme, cute elements, and FLOWERS - they get me every time!!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Brook. A fresh colour scheme is the first thing that catches my eye. I tend to shy away from anything with orange in it, and I'm not awfully keen on pastel colours either.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Also, Christmas & Birthday kits. I can never have too many.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Colors, theme, a variety of elements (much as I love good flowers, I don't use them much on pages about my sons because 1 of them hates when I do), something that "fills a hole" in my already large collection of kits or that will replace a favorite kit I've used many times.

After that it varies depending on whether I'm going to use it primarily for Project Life or non-PL pages. For the former I like journaling cards, but I think I'm in the minority wanting them to actually be for journaling on. That's more important to me than cards that are already filled with quotes and elements.

I've noticed I don't buy a lot of "feelings" kits. I don't know how else to describe them, LOL...kits to make a page about how much you love someone or about overcoming hard times or meeting goals. I'm more likely to scrap events, outings, school pages, birthdays, siblings, playing, hobbies, seasonal pictures, etc. I also buy a lot of PL/everyday life kits.

Last edited by rach3975; 08-24-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Themes.

And I still like papers that are full of words.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The first thing that sucks me in is the colour scheme, then I need lots of elements, mainly flowers and foliage. Word art, snippets, stickers and journal cards are good too. I love bundles, but prefer the ones with more elements like scatters and journal cards or snippets above those with extra papers.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

First thing that attracts me is the color scheme.
I don't like pastel colors, so you don't see me buy a lot of kits with pastel colors. I like bundles as well, esp. if there's an extra alpha pack and cards.
Other than the color scheme, I look at the variety of elements and flowers, but my weakness are Halloween kits. Even though I have enough of them... I always seem to be attracted to them.
And I have a few designers where I just like to have EVERYTHING they create.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love the bundles like the ones from flergs and kcb , they have enough flowers , word bits and journaling cards i also love if a bundle has more alpha's then one i love big kits so i can use them more then ones and i love clustering so i need flowers but i also love pl so i want journaling cards lol . I thought i saw some one saying they would love to see more journaling cards for journaling and i would love that 2
Old 08-25-2015, 03:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's how it goes for me:

1st thing - color scheme. If colors attract my eye, I open the product to take a closer look.
Sure, I'm into more vibrant, complimentary colors and def not into muted colors. However, I recently decided to give some pretty kits in muted colors a try and I'm content

2nd thing - elements. I definitely appreciate a variety of beautiful, realistic flowers AND a variety of foliage. I find it extremely hard to scrap with just one leaf or one foliage included. So, if there's at least 2 different pieces of foliage, that's good. I ADORE kits with unique elements. For example, Brook's "A Little Gypsy" got me with her cute gypsy girl doodle.

3rd thing - paper. I do love a variety of patterned paper, not messy, not too blended, just clean patterns with a nice papery texture.

4th thing - CT pages. I know most previews are masterfully created and make anything look super tempting but I like to browse through CT pages to see how all those pretty elements/papers combine.

I definitely do not care about journaling cards as I don't use them. Sure, if some of the card designs were word arts, that'd be great. However, my native tongue is not English so even if I use cards on a page I make for a challenge, I won't use it on my printed books. That being said, cards won't make me buy a kit.
I will buy bundles only if there's something else than cards
--
Mama to Albert
Old 08-25-2015, 03:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I also go with the theme since I'm using the kits for my daughter's photobook. But sometimes when a kit was just so gorgeous, I buy them even if I don't know where to use them yet. And so I decided to really join the challenges here so I could use the other kits I buy because they're just too gorgeous
Old 08-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I like unique flowers and foliage, so that's a strong pull. Journaling cards are not so important for me- if there aren't any, I make them myself. what I really like: alphas with individual letters. I NEVER use png sheets, so if there is only a sheet included for the alpha, it feels to me as if there is no alpha at all... and I really like a matching alpha. Last but not least: color. Warm colors like orange, pink, red always draw me in, but I also like "nature" kits. Plus: if there are at least 75 elements included, I'm more likely to buy. If there are less than 50, I most likely won't buy.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Journalling cards aren't a factor for me. I definitely look for realistic flowers and foliage. I also like a full kit for my money. I guess I'm just used to lots of papers and elements. Some of the smaller kits I find hard to use because there's just not enough elements/papers to do what I want. Or to use more than once.
This. Colour scheme and (re-)usability are a grand factor, too. I used to buy things just because I liked the look of them, but these days I need to feel I can really use the product, ideally several times.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Color scheme and papers are the first two things I look it. If I don't fall for these 2 things, then I am passing it by immediately. I don't really do a lot of themes, so if a kit is too themed and I don't see how I can create a page without using that theme, I won't buy. Now since I am scrapping for my little guy, I try to find kits I can use for a boy or girl page and without too many flowers. I like flowers but there are things I can use. I am a sucker for word strips too, especially with nice, clean fonts.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think colors grab me first. But then flowers Can't scrap without flowers!! I do love to see journal cards in a kit, and I sometimes use them as it, or I've also quite often cut the words out of a journal card and used as a stamp on the background But I guess I don't need anything specific to scrap with a kit though, if I like it, it's going to work. I don't care if the kit is big or small, I can tell from the preview if I like it or not, and missing an item I like to scrap with won't deter me.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

specific theme... not generic ones like memories or shine or sparkle ones... etc... too vague for me, I don't know what to do with those... Tons of unique elements and papers that blend well together.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:25 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Does the kit have solid paper or do I need to pay extra for it? I rarely buy kits if the solid paper isn't included without upgrading. After that it's all about color and theme. But the most important is solid paper. Even if I LOVE the color and theme I'll pass if no solid papers are included.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1st - Color Scheme. Always the first thing that catch my eye.

2nd - Theme. I have PLENTY generic kits. And by theme I mean it have LOTS of elements related to the theme. I find frequently "themed" kits that are just generic kits with a few simple unembellished wordarts with quotes... that is a no no for me.

3rd - Collections. I love cordinated collections because add more elements to scrap. But not all the add ons rock my boat. I love splatters, clusters, embellished wordarts, templates, quickpages. Journal cards are cute, but I hardly use them. Extra paper packs are nice but not always worth to pay the extra cash. And alphas do nothing for me, same goes for flowers, ribbons and buttons.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Colours for sure. It also needs to have flowers, even in boy kits, I have 3 boys and always use flowers on pages lol. I do like a few cards in so I can be lazy and use them as a title. They also have to have lots of elements as I use all my kits more than once now so like pages with the same kit to be different.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Like many of you, I'm first drawn in by color. Secondly, it's usually the theme since I'm a big fan of themed kits. Lately, I do tend to gravitate toward kits that have coordinating card packs since I'm heavily into weekly pocket scrapping. And lastly, there are certain elements in a kit that are just attractive to me personally. For example, anything with a camera, flip flops, or a cupcake is almost an insta-purchase for me!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Theme and colors are number one for me. After that I look more closely at it to see if it would work for photos I have or photos I plan on taking in the future (aka birthday for example).
Old 09-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aside from colors and patterns, what attracts me to a kit are a variety of elements with a good collection of paint, splats, string, background brushes and overlays. The more I peruse the store, the more that catches my eye. The designers here are amazing!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Papers!!!! The assortment of elements! Elements that are unusual.... Color! Price of course!

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk