Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Prayers Needed Update . . .

Morning, everyone . . . there's been so much mention of babies around here lately that I just can't contain myself another moment. Tara's post about Landon's birthday kind of put me over the top, so I decided the time was right to ask for more specific prayers than I did last week.

Brief (as possible) background . . . my DS & DDIL have been married for almost 14 years and have been trying the entire time to have a baby. They've tried EVERYTHING, but Lara had extremely severe endo (which caused other health problems in addition to infertility). They (I should say we) had gotten really deep into the foster process when the doctors discovered last August that she had Ovarian Cancer . . . of course, she had a complete hysterectomy and has been healing both physically & emotionally from that ever since.

Lara is a social worker at an elementary school in a rural & economically depressed area about an hour from here. She's been there for 10 years and is so much more involved in the lives of the families she works with than you can imagine. Everyone idolizes "Ms. Lara & Mr. Bill" - and with good reason - even if they weren't my kids, I would be in awe of how generous & loving & giving they are. Anyway, everybody around there - and everyone who knows our family - knows how desperately they want kids, and over the years there have been so many "leads" on babies you wouldn't even believe it. Obviously, none of them has panned out. (To exacerbate the pain, many of the families Lara works with have children they can barely take care of & in many cases don't even want. There are even several grandmothers (biologically, not thru adoption or remarriage) in the bunch who are younger than Lara is.)

Anyway . . . to the point at hand & why I'm asking for your prayers. Last week a young lady who is 4 months pregnant approached Lara wanting to know if she & Bill would like to adopt her baby!! Hellooooooo . . . are you kidding?! She's already a single mom & is struggling hard to take care of the toddler she has, and she wants the new baby to have a better life. Well, of course we're all ecstatic here but at the same time not wanting to get our hopes up too high. (Only someone who has been through this kind of emotional roller coaster can fully appreciate how cautious it makes you.) It seems like she's put a lot of thought into her decision, but there's always the possibility that she could change her mind at any time. We do have working in our favor the fact that she's 20 and already knows how hard it is to parent alone (and unemployed to boot), as opposed to being a scared 15 year old who doesn't have any idea what she wants. AND she's the one who approached Lara - she even wants Lara to go with her to the doctor next week for a sonogram!

So, really I'm asking for prayers that the girl doesn't change her mind and prayers that if she does, B&L will not be so devastated that they give up all hope. They (again, we) have given the whole baby thing up to God & know that it will work out however it's meant to. But that doesn't keep us from being uber-excited about the possibility of FINALLY having a little one to love . . . or afraid of how irreversible our pain will be if, yet again, it just doesn't happen.

Thanks for your prayers & support so far, and even more thanks for any you can spare from here on out!!

My Blog: Quantum Leaps
Old 03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

omgosh dee, i can not even imagine! you guys have my thoughts and prayers! i hope things go in the right direction for all of you!!

Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Oh wow Dee. I am sending every good thought I have your way. I cannot imagine. Your poor daughter in law.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh Dee! That's incredible! I've been praying for you since you asked, but now I'll pray more specifically. How absolutely incredible. It sounds like they're an amazing couple and absolutely deserve this! What a blessing they could be on this little baby's life!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wish them (and you) that it ends up well.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

As someone dealing with infertility & wanting a baby so bad that it hurts, I will DEFINITELY be praying that this all works out!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, I will pray for them for sure.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Oh my goodness Dee, what a long and difficult road it's been! I'll keep you all in my prayers that this works out. What a wonderful opportunity it would be for that baby.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Prayers being sent up right now! We went through fertility issues as well and know the emotional hold it can take in your life. I hope everything works out and you all get good news!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh Dee...this has made me weepy. I will pray hard for your family.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sending T&P that she will get her baby once and for all.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

definitely praying that this girl is mature enough to understand what would be best for the baby, and that she has picked a wonderful couple to hopefully raise the child and give it a more opportunistic life. I hope everything works out for the best.

I did want to know if they maybe thought of egg donors or surragocy, i know it's none of my business. i'm just curious because I always wanted to do that for someone. it's kinda why i got my tubes tied after my 3. i kinda told God, "thank you for giving me these blessings, now it is some other lucky and deserving mom's turn to have what they've wanted!"
Full Time Photographer & All the Time Mother
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely praying for your family Dee!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh, Dee!! I'm so happy for you and for your family!! I hope and pray that it comes through and that the good Lord will bless them with a little bundle. From the sounds of it, there aren't more deserving couple out there!!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thanks so much, everyone . . . can't tell you how much your support & good thoughts (and prayers, of course) mean to me!!

Sarah, surrogacy/egg donors are the one avenue they did NOT pursue. By the time they around to considering that option, they had already decided that if they couldn't have a child together they would try to adopt (or foster) one or more of the millions of kids out there who need a good home. Lord knows, Lara sees enough of them on a daily basis . . . and they're convinced that is God's plan for them.

My Blog: Quantum Leaps
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

keeping all of you gus in my prayers~
Old 03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am totally bawling while reading all of this. I had a "feeling" that it was something related to this when you posted last week.

I have been there, done that. Infertility for YEARS. It was horrible. We decided not to do the donor route for the very same reasons. I will keep them in my prayers. I will pray for the birth mother to have peace with her decision and a healthy pregnancy. I will pray for the hopeful adoptive family (all of you!!!!) to have protection of your emotions through this process.

I have had an adoption fail. I have had several successful adoptions. It all is a roller coaster and such a blessing!!!!! I can't wait to hear the updates as the process goes along!!!!

Okay seriously.....BAWLING. I am an emotional mess today.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh WOW Dee, I will definitely be praying for them, I can't even imagine.