Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-17-2018, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default What do your kids love to do?

I'm full of random questions lately, hope you don't mind! I just want to talk about my kids, but I want you to talk about yours too!

What do they love to do? It's so awesome to see kids find something they really really love and do all the time.

Gemma loves to dance. She's learning a new dance for recital in June and it's the first ballet dance (the rest have been jazz) so she's super excited. Here's a vid if you want to watch, this is only day 2 of learning the dance, but she's doing well so far!
https://www.facebook.com/adrienne.la...4148500054609/

Jamesen loves to read and will devour books. We basically live at the library in the summer because he spends all his time reading.

Marcus loves to do origami! He's memorized quite a few cool star wars origami folds and goes through origami paper faster than I can buy it.

So what do your little loves love to do?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For the most part my 3 boys are gaming junkies..... not just video games though, we play a LOT of nerdy table top games as well, and quite a few of the video games we even play as a family.

Next they are all in 4H.... 4H pretty much consumes all our lives! They don't do the livestock part of things, they are into the Lifeskills, so crafts, foods, cake decorating, great outdoors, welding, first aid, Lego, woodworking etc. It's so much work, but so awesome too.

On an individual level -

Xavier (my soon to be 16 year old), is on the High School wrestling team, and he has recently grown an interest in Art.

Robert (my soon to be 13 year old), is on the school lego robotics team, and loves music... he has been learning to play the guitar and drums this year.

Preston (my 10 year old), is in Karate, likes gardening and science type stuff.

It's always amazes me how different each of them are.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 14 yr old Brooke likes to do sports. Any and all sports really. She also likes playing minecraft with her sister.

My 11yr old Elisa is an indoor girl. She likes nothing better than reading and playing with her toys. She's currently working her way through the Harry Potter book collection that she got for her birthday. She'll use every waking hour to read if possible. She also likes Minecraft.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 8yo DD is really into Roblox and watching YT videos about Minecraft. She also loves to read and to swim.

My 3yo DS is really into trucks, dinosaurs, books, helping around the house, playing outside and asking questions & then repeating the answer(s) back to you. He's recently developed a love of My Little Pony and was a little crushed when his sister told them that Rainbow Dash was a girl and not a boy.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:09 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My boys love to play soccer...that's the only sport for them. We play all year round. We are almost done with month 2 of indoor. We have one more month, will get a two week break and then outdoor season will start up.

They love to play video games on the x-box or on their iPads too...Minecraft, Roblox, Clash Royale, Pokemon Go, You Tube videos (making and watching) and love Legos.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The boys are 15 and 19.love to game.
But since a few months they also go to the gym once a week to sport
Old 02-18-2018, 06:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Besides the obvious computer games and xbox:

My oldest (11 going on 12) plays tennis, is a Boy Scout and loves all their activities and reading.

My youngest (9 going on 10) is a creative soul and loves drawing, designing card and board games, writing stories and comic books, and making things with whatever he can find lying around the house. He also likes Lego, all things Star Wars and his mini soldiers. Most recently, we got a 3D printer and he has taught himself how to design 'stuff' using a 3D computer program and is making his own 'toys' (little spaceships, soldiers, buildings, etc).
Old 02-18-2018, 09:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My 10 yr old loves crafts.
My 8 yr old loves soccer.
My 5 yr old loves all sports and cuddling with Mama.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My girls both do ballet and jazz dance classes. Since going to the Animation Academy at Disneyland in November they've both taken up drawing. They loved to draw, doodle, color etc before but now they spend a lot of time on YouTube watching the Disney Parks animators give step by step instructions on how to draw each character. I must say they've gotten pretty good and the 9 year old has blown me away with her drawings. She thinks she may want to draw for Disney some day. She loves Disney as much as I do!

My (almost) 10 year old loves any and all things crafty, baking and talking. If talking was a professional sport, she'd be a gold medalist! She also likes to read but they've had so many book projects this year that there hasn't been any time for reading for enjoyment, just for schoolwork.

My 8 year old loves to draw "food people" (food with faces basically) and listen to music. She's very much an introvert and is often in her room reading Captain Underpants books and/or coloring, drawing, journaling or playing with stuffed animals.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Everyday it changes for my 10 year... right this very minute - coin collecting, trivia, and chemistry
Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Jack, 13, loves to play video games, read books & ride his bike.

Max, 10, loves sports, and he always wants to be with people whatever he's doing. His new thing is riding his bike to his friend's house & then going to the clubhouse to play football. He's created this little bikeiding/football playing gang of kids, and I love the way he brings people together.

Ariana, 5, loves to play with her dolls, ride her bike, watch YouTube videos and "help" around the house. I can't even believe we ever thought we didn't want a third child!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My 14 year old is my science geek. Right now he's obsessed with orbital mechanics. He reads non-fiction books about the space program and past missions that would probably be over my head. He seeks out obscure books on the topic--one of his few birthday requests was a book on types of rocket fuels that has been out of print but will be re-printed this spring. He also loves to play the video game Kirbal Space Program. If he has his way, every minute of every day would be spent either reading or playing KSP, with occasional breaks to talk my ear off about both.

My 11 year old is all about magic. He can almost always be found with a deck of cards or another magic tool (linking rings, a wand, etc) in his hand. He reads mostly how to books about magic and card tricks and watches clips from Penn and Teller Fool Us and magicians from America's Got Talent. His dream is to go to Las Vegas and perform on both shows.

My 9 year old is my balanced kid, the only one who isn't hyperfocused on one thing. She loves to read, but she reads a little of everything. She currently loves graphic novels (especially Raina Telgemeier) and historical fiction, and last month she reread the Harry Potter books. She watches British cooking shows and sitcoms like Fuller House. Her favorite organized activity is Girl Scouts.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Nick loves lots of things playing Minecraft, drawing pictures, playing basketball, rock climbing, reading, but his thing, what he loves most, is acting.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:19 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My 10 yr old daughter loves Roblox, XBox games, anything sports - playing it in real life & playing it on the XBOx, music, board games. She just finished up basketball last month and next week begins skiing. This summer she'll go to basketball camp again. If she could, she'd play every sport there is.

My 14 yr old son is an indoors kid, he's into Roblox, music (we took him on a trip this weekend to celebrate his birthday and he bought 3 vinyl records and 3 or 4 cd's - kid loves music), all things Britsh and all things NYC.

They balance each other out nicely in terms of their interests.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love reading the responses! Thanks for sharing!