Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default scrappy goals for 2013?

i know, i know. it's only the 8th of december. but i always plan out my goals for the next year during december. am i the only one who does that?

anyway. does anyone have any scrappy goals for next year?

i'll start with mine:
1) "us" album: kind of like a "project 52/12/365" but of our first full year of being engaged.
2) actually scrap... i barely scrapped in 2012. i wanna scrap at least 30 pages this year
3) print off my 2011/2012 pages. i have missed EVERY persnickety sale this year. i will print them off next year.

Last edited by color of my heart; 12-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only set one goal and that's to scrap when I can - LOL
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think my scrappy goal for 2013 will be to not set any goals! I set a few this year and didn't meet any of them. I still had a lot of fun this year and I'm totally okay with not meeting my goals. Still, I don't think I want the potential for guilt

So, I guess my plan for 2013 is to keep going with Project Life and continue scrapping 12x12 layouts. But no goals at this time. (I'll probably cave later in the month and set some - I always do )
Old 12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had grand goals for 2012... and they all fell flat... So my goal for 2013 is to just keep plugging along... hope to get some albums done like P365 for the last three years... Dec Daily 2012 and A week in the Life for 2012 done...

Otherwise, I want to get back into hybrid... it has been a while since I really sat down and did a lot of hybrid... I miss that. Oh, and find a better way to keep track of those little things that kiddo says or does... they are all over the place, on scraps of paper, in email to my mom... I need to get better organized, period.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do any of the daily/weekly projects, but I do want to get better about being more consistent with my scrapping. I have found that just starting a layout is the hardest part for me-picking what I'm going to scrap, what photos and what template. After I do that, I enjoy it and can work on it when I have free time. I want to get better at keeping a layout in progress so that I get more done.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

keep up with PL
scrap more than I did this year.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is going to be to keep up with Project Life which I just started in NOvember, even if I only do a monthly page or twice a month. I don't care as long as I get it done. I scrap so much that I don't think I really need any other goals LOL. I usually scrap 10-15 pages a week haha.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
I usually scrap 10-15 pages a week haha.
That's a good month for me!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've never planned any scrap goals. I just scrap for fun
Old 12-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I've never planned any scrap goals. I just scrap for fun
This! :-)

Old 12-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrap as much as possible, I don't know how much that will be with a new baby coming in February!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really make goals but I'm hoping to continue PL again next year and do more art journaling... and actually slow down a ton on layout quantity and focus more on quality... I've stepped down from several teams recently and am just going to enjoy rockin' it out for the few teams I have left... and I plan to make more memories this year than I did last year... so I have more to scrap especially for PL.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Print my albums, now dh has a fulltime job & Christmas shopping all finished i should be able to afford it! 3 albums waiting to be printed. And do challenges here!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to scrap more intentionally. At one time I was going through tagging and rating my photos and it's really helped when I'm looking for something to scrap. I can just pull up all my "3 star" photos and pick one of the stories I'd already decided to tell. The only problem is that I haven't continued to rate my photos, and I've gone through about all of my 3-star photos. I need to either commit to and use my current system, or find a new system that will work and use it.

I also want to sit down sometime without my photos and think about the story I want my albums to tell and then make sure that I'm making the layouts that will tell that story.

So, if I had to pick a scrappy goal for 2013, I'd say that I want to end the year with a system that works and that I've been consistently using long enough that it became a habit.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

In 2012 I worked on organizing and workflow. And, no, I'm not totally organized, but I do have a flow that gets my new stuff tagged, my photos downloaded and keyworded and mostly scrapped. So, in 2013, I want to continue to keep those up and refine my end process workflow to the point that I actually get my layouts printed. (I can't remember the last time I had pages printed, and honestly I have no clue what has been or hasn't been printed.)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

-do even more with my PL pages
-finish 2006 photos (unless i get them done this month)
-scrap 6 years worth of vacation photos!!

Heather

Creating for:
Anna Aspnes
Creashens & Vinnie Pearce
Old 12-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This year my goal was to complete the challenges here each month and once I finish December, I will have met it. I am so happy I did it, that I may do it again next year. Long term, I want to do one of the bigger projects next year, like 30 days of gratitude or Daily December. Some one remind me in September to start getting organized, please. LOL I am scrapped more this year than ever before and I love it.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

No goals for me other than to scrap when I want to and have fun doing it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

setting a goal for myself is a plan for failure LOL
i just scrap what i can when i can

Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post
I scrap so much that I don't think I really need any other goals LOL. I usually scrap 10-15 pages a week haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateD View Post
That's a good month for me!
Yup, that's a month for me, too! I'm such a slow scrapper.

1. This year I've been very good about getting and keeping control of my formerly out-of-control downloads folder. First goal is to keep up with that. (And catch up, since the things I bought in Nov's 2 big sales are still waiting.)

2. Figure out a better photo workflow. My new camera can take multiple shots in quick succession, and I have a love/hate relationship with that. I love that I'm getting better shots, but I'm overwhelmed with the volume of photos.

3. Scrap more. I average 10-15 pages a month, but life has been getting in the way lately. I'm hoping to have more 12-15 page months and fewer 8-10 page months.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been thinking about it...

So far, this year, I've done a great job keeping up on my son's album adding a few pages here and there in my album.

So other than...keep going along...here's what I want to do:

1. I would like to find another type of memory keeping ideas for my son. I'm good at 'event type' scrapping, but really want to do more pages that are more like a 'Book of Me' for my 6 year old. What I would really like is a set of challenges/questions that I would answer for him (perhaps 3 every month) that I would add into his regular event type book. I need to sit down and think about what questions I would want to answer from a 6 year old viewpoint.

2. Do more art journalling type LO's. Have fun playing with new techniques!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Get organized!!!!! But at the same time, I don't want the organizing to take over my scrapbooking. I need to find a balance.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My main goal is to learn to shoot in manual. The improvement when I went from my P&S to a dSLR was so phenomenal, I put off learning manual, but now after a year, I'd like to get some better photos.

My secondary goal is to do a better job keeping up with PL. I think I'm going to plan to spend every Sunday working on the past week's PL spread.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I remembered a couple other things I want to do:

1. Display some of my LO's in 12x12 frames!
2. Make travel mini books for my son of the trips we take.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am with Heather. I have quit almost all my teams... my goal is to scrap less and enjoy life more. To put my all in to the LOs I do scrap. To do a second full year of p365 and turn it into p52 LOs like this year... but somehow I want the pages to be a little more... cohesive. I also would rather scrap with books in mind than random pages and have pages printed. I think I like getting books printed better. So maybe theme ish or something... I should figure this out huh? lol
Old 12-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think 2013 is going to be a year of growth for my photography. I'm going to take at least three workshops with Clicking Moms. I need to really work on getting the pictures edited and backed up in a timely manner.

I'm going to continue with my 365 and keep scrapping the resulting pictures in Project Life type of style. I want to finish my Dec. Daily early in the year and do a cruise album in February when we get back from vacation. I'm getting excited about getting my 2012 photo book printed. Will add a few pages from Thanksgiving, Christmas and the last of my PL and it will be set.

I have completed the portfolio since June 2011 so I'm sure I'll will keep that up.

Man, I guess I have lots of goals.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I also start planning what I want to scrap or at least the direction in which I want my scrapping too go. Actually I started giving it some thought in November already. I have no hard and fast rules just ideas of what i want done.

The first thing I did was dispel the notion of "catching up." I have decided that I am caught up. If there's an impulse to scrap an older pic... BONUS! but otherwise I am not going to feel guilty or pressured into scrapping all the pics I wanted to.

Secondly I've decided that I don't really need annual albums. Instead my albums will focus on my life over the next five years. That way there's no pressure to fill up an album. It means I will have a rather comprehensive look at the life of a woman, navigating the MLC phase mother of a teenage daughter, and wife to her business partner in a fledgling business. There are rules and constructs I want to put in place but I want to keep them flexible so they can fit around my life. I have a tendency to go through a scrappy phase and a non-scrappy phase. I don't want to feel pressured to scrap according to the rules when I regain the scrappy phase.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just want to scrap again a bit more than this year and also get organized. I know my main scrapping spree will be between christmas and new years but I would like to scrap at other times even just once a month would make me happy since I haven't scrapped in months

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just... scrap.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never really thought about having scrap goals but I guess I do. I don't plan o continue PL in a weekly format, one year of that was enough. I might do that format whenever I felt like adding to a book, but no more week by week. I already scrap 4 to 6 layouts a week so that shouldn't change much. I do want to spend more time getting my 2010 photos tagged and cleaning off my HD of digi supplies that I won't use. My other goal is to start getting my grandmothers photos scanned and organized in some way. I have decided to use the PL divided page protectors to organize them while getting them out of the magnetic sticky books or envelopes.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't try to set goals either, but if anything I need to get my albums in order. I print every month and I've run out of album space, so I need to just suck it up and buy a couple more albums and get my pile of layouts organized.

Other than that, just keep working on the portfolio each month, carefully spending come SR time, and using what I purchase.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Hmmm.....I don't really have any goal just to scrap scrap scrap!!! I guess in a way I have a goal to not spend as much money as I did this year!!! I spent more last year then I ever have in all the years I have been scrapping (despite being on like a million teams :P ) but I have been scrapping with those purchases so I guess it's just mt cheap side speaking out!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only scrappy goal I've ever set for myself was to scrap a layout a day. That was several years back and I ended the year averaging almost 3 layouts a day... didn't quite hit the 1000 page mark but got close. Now... I'd say 3-4 pages a week is as close as I'm going to get. I just want to keep up with the CTs I'm on and I'll be happy.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I would like to attempt to do a p365 this year, but I forget to take pictures of every day things. So I can go forward with hope and optimism, but reality will eventually hit me in the face I have begun to dabble in art journaling and I would like to continue with that.

I love the fact that you're so organized about this, it appeals to my neat and tidy side
Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like some good goals! I am no longer on any CTs because I never have time to scrap. But, I hope to scrap some in the new year.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goal is to get my pictures into an album. I realized looking over the past year that I have very few printed pictures from the time Zach was born until now.

I want to get some actually into albums, even if they're not scrapped the way I usually scrap. I'm seriously considering a PL sort of thing so I can just get at least a photo a day in... even a few photos a week would be nice.

New Siggy Coming Soon