Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default DSD Anticipation

With DSD approaching the first week of October, I'm getting really excited for the fun things that will happen that weekend as well as the awesome releases the SSD designers will surely release!!

Are you getting exciting?

Is there something (a game, kit, etc) that you are hoping to see during DSD weekend?

**I am not affiliated with SSD and can't get you any of your wishes/anticipations. I am just a curious community member**
Old 09-11-2018, 07:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DSD is always a good time. I would love to make a dent in my wish list, but I know better. These ladies always come out with super new stuff that I have to have that weekend.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
DSD is always a good time. I would love to make a dent in my wish list, but I know better. These ladies always come out with super new stuff that I have to have that weekend.
Right!! Every year I tell myself I'm going to dwindle down that wishlist even more and then I see the new releases and am torn. Do I get the AMAZING new things or get my wishlist. They are good at what they do!!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the reminder to get my Wish List current. I've been slacking for the past couple of months.

I'm looking forward to the event. I hope I have time to participate in all the fun.

Guess I should warn the family that I would like to be MIA.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinnewbie View Post
Thanks for the reminder to get my Wish List current. I've been slacking for the past couple of months.

I'm looking forward to the event. I hope I have time to participate in all the fun.

Guess I should warn the family that I would like to be MIA.
I'm contemplating telling work I'll work every day that M-F, because I want off Sat and Sun even though my availability is open on the weekend!!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

omg! my first DSD in years!! I'm so happy to hear that it's still celebrated lol. I can't wait!!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rbeckie View Post
omg! my first DSD in years!! I'm so happy to hear that it's still celebrated lol. I can't wait!!
Oh my goodness, yes!!! DSD is still celebrated and we celebrate it again in May with iNSD!!!
(it's also very possible I have the DSD and iNSD mixed up because I can never keep them straight! )

SSD usually goes all out during DSD with amazing product releases, games and challenges! I'm SO curious to see what they will do this year!!
Old 09-11-2018, 08:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm contemplating telling work I'll work every day that M-F, because I want off Sat and Sun even though my availability is open on the weekend!!
I would!!!

Old 09-11-2018, 08:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Honestly, I'm hoping that I am able to finish getting kits for scrapping our Disney vacation. So a great sale would be fabulous.

I also enjoy it when they bring back old challenges for that weekend. It doesn't always happen, but it would be fun, IMO.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Some of my high school friends are trying to get everyone together for a reunion that weekend. I'm on the fence about going since it's not a long weekend-I'd spend most of Saturday traveling there, be at the reunion Saturday night, see my parents for a few hours on Sunday, then spend most of Sunday traveling home. Between missing DSD and the fact that I'd spend more than 2x as long traveling as I would visiting people (sleeping hours don't count!), I'm not going to be too upset if it fizzles out!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have already put in for time off work so that I can finish up my designing by Thursday and have some fun over the weekend. I love playing the games.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nooooo! We have made plans to go away with a big group of friends from Church! We're going to a resort Thurs through Sun! I may bring my laptop to get on in the evenings after everyone has retreated to their rooms for the night!!! I'll be praying everything runs through Monday so that I can play and see all the new goodies when I get back home!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

This will be my first ever. I get so antsy and overly excited for new releases I am absolutely beside myself about it even though I have no clue what goes on LOL.

"I don't know what we are all so excited about , but I'm SUPER excited"
Old 09-12-2018, 05:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Already adding items to my wishlist and trying to figure out what I can get on a limited budget. I don't like limited budgets. LOL I have learned to be more critical of what I buy. I know I spend $100+ in the beginning and I might have used $35 worth of those purchases so I add things to my cart.....and do another check to see if I am really going to use the items in it. Only thing I do know that SSD will have awesome FWPs again (they have every year !!) and I am going to need those for sure so I will spend at least the amount of $$ it is going to take to get all the FWPs. LOL
Old 09-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

We just moved from California to Northern Idaho and I’m still unpacking and organizing this is serious incentive to get my stuff done so I can have that weekend to scrap and play games.....moving is so much work and I feel so overwhelmed. I could use some much needed scrap therapy. I can’t wait.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
So much this, Lynn! I always have every intention of cleaning up my wish list, until the new stuff releases and then I think well it's been there this long. And I shop the new stuff. LOL
Old 09-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
This will be my first ever. I get so antsy and overly excited for new releases I am absolutely beside myself about it even though I have no clue what goes on LOL.

"I don't know what we are all so excited about , but I'm SUPER excited"
Ashley, you are in for a treat! The designers go all out with new releases. There are great sales, free with purchase kits, giveaways and games. It is such a fun weekend for the community. So glad you are joining us this year. After DSD weekend, you'll be chomping at the bit for iNSD, which is pretty much the same thing, but happens in May.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not excited because I can't spend anymore! But I'm excited because I want to see all the new stuff and play the fun games!
Old 09-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've missed the past few DSD & iNSD's b/c of family matters and/or hospital stays. I hope I can do something this year. Although my boys are in Cross Country & their meets are on Saturday mornings. Hopefully, it will be close to our house and not hours away.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
We just moved from California to Northern Idaho and I’m still unpacking and organizing this is serious incentive to get my stuff done so I can have that weekend to scrap and play games.....moving is so much work and I feel so overwhelmed. I could use some much needed scrap therapy. I can’t wait.
We moved from So Cal to Southern Idaho last June! There are so many CA transplants here. I hope you're liking your new home!!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually end up doing way more shopping than playing over the DSD weekend! Every year I think I'm going to make a dent in my wishlist, but end up buying all the new goodies that our amazing designers come out with!
Old 09-14-2018, 10:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
Where in North Idaho are you? I'm in Spokane Valley, WA but we spend a lot of time in Coeur D'alene Moving is terrible- I wish you many "unpacking" vibes!!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I"m SO happy it was moved from November- I always ended up being busy! I try to do a bit of both scrapping & playing all over digiland!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did even know it was coming up to be honest.... I knew DSD existed, but have never kept track of when it is.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:45 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm happy for it being in early October, as it previously used to fall on the weekend we'd celebrate my husband's birthday, which meant I'd be doing most of the parenting and letting him relax a bit more. This works much better for me now.

As for what I'm looking forward to, it's the forum games and all of the chances to win coupons during the weekend. My scrappy mojo has been lacking a bit these past few months, so I'm looking forward to getting back into it more again.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 09-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to have a look at my wish list and update that. And also, yay for DSD!
Old 09-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't participate AT ALL last year. Too busy working! Not that much has changed in that area, but I think this year I'll make a point of scheduling time to be here.

Hey Wendy, maybe we should meet up that weekend and scrap together????
Old 09-17-2018, 12:58 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Where in North Idaho are you? I'm in Spokane Valley, WA but we spend a lot of time in Coeur D'alene Moving is terrible- I wish you many "unpacking" vibes!!
We moved north of Rathdrum in Twin Lakes. Coeur D'Alene is the best!! I grew up here and my family is all up here so it's great being near them. We should totally meet up for lunch in CDA there are so many great restaurants! I'll PM you. Thanks for the "unpacking vibes" it is so much work some days I say forget it I'm going to grab a juice at the Wellness bar and hike Tubbs! ( I know you know where that is ) lol