Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 08/02

Yay....finally got my computer back and just in time....to play along with the summer getaway challenges. So....today's questions are all about challenges.
  1. What do you find challenging scrap-wise?
  2. What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule?
  3. Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things?
  4. Do you watch any tv shows with challenges?
  5. When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging?
Old 08-02-2019, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. Mostly its time management b/c I want to scrap more, work less but unfortunately I do need to make a living and get a paycheque Also, minimalist pages are more challenging now b/c I started filling up my page more so sometimes have a hard time leaving more white space (even though I love the look), so try to push myself to vary my designs.

2. I find it challenging to find the time to make dinners during the wk, other than simple fast meals. I work, I scrap, I run errands, I take photos, I take Taz out at least twice a day....who has time to cook after all that!

3. I like to step outside my comfort zone and try new things but have to push myself a bit to get up the courage. Once I get started on something I tend to delve right into it and enjoy it. I'm not one to feel embarrassed or anxious about failure. I was when I was young but not anymore. I always try my best and if I fail at something, it isn't for lack of trying....so I'm ok with that.

4. I love Survivor and Big Brother, reality shows that have challenges. I also watch So You Think You Can Dance which is a dance competition where they are challenged to compete against the other dancers in different dance styles.

5. I gave up my gym membership and started jogging with Taz every day or two but have slacked off over the summer. I need to get motivated and set up a schedule again (mostly early morning). Food-wise, I find variety in meals a bit challenging. I eat a low carb, clean diet so tend to eat a lot of the same foods/meals which I'm ok with but my hubs probably thinks my meals are boring now. I need to do up a list of recipes/meal ideas to help vary my meal planning. I eat a lot of greens/veggies with protein. I just bought a few of the Trim Healthy Mama cookbooks and will try some of their recipes out soon.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So glad your computer is up and running again Rae!

What do you find challenging scrap-wise?
I tend to get stuck in a rut and my pages look the same if I don't make an effort to change things up a bit.

What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule?
Right now, Not being able to walk!!

Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things?
Sometimes....

Do you watch any tv shows with challenges?
Usually HGTV is on in the background when I scrap

When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging?
Exercising is challenging. And definitely was sidelined with the broken bone in my foot. I do tend to eat the same things all the time, too.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What do you find challenging scrap-wise? Honestly, it's to be able to use the kits/templates I bought. There are times when I wanted so badly to use a kit but I couldn't find the perfect photo for that kit, but still I will try to make a page and sift through my photos old or new, to see which one I could use and I will find nothing that I haven't used yet, so I will end up with an unfinished page like this one:

What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule? This summer, it's the heat, I so wanted to play outside with my daughter, you know like run, jog, walk or even swim in our apartment pool, but it was too hot to go outside. So we just end up doing indoor activities, and then in the late afternoon her friends will come over and pick her up and they will bike outside. This summer, I feel like I'm missing a lot of outdoor activities that I can enjoy with her because when we're outside, I will stay in the shade fanning myself while she and my husband play. Bummer.

Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things? Yes I do but not so much.

Do you watch any tv shows with challenges? I used to watch American Ninja.

When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging? Sticking with my diet. Most of the time I am tempted to try and eat my daughter's snacks or when we buy coffee at the coffee shops, those sugar treats are just so tempting. It's a good thing my daughter has designated herself as the 'diet police' so when she sees me staring at a double chocolate chip cookie, she would always tell me 'how about you sit down mom and read your book while we wait for your coffee?' Lol. Such a strict police.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What do you find challenging scrap-wise? Embellishing. Clustering. Blending.
What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule? Getting into the shower as soon as I wake up. It takes my hair 3 hours to air dry, but I like to get up and lay around and drink coffee for a while before I start my day, which means that my hair isn't actually dry until noon sometimes.
Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things? You mean like new levels of Candy Crush? Then yes, yes I do. ; )
Do you watch any tv shows with challenges? No, just entertain me, don't give me your drama.
When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging? I'm like a zero on self control, so basically I find everything about health, nutrition & exercise challenging.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Motivation. I have to be in a mood to scrap. It hasn’t hit me in a long time.

What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule?
Right now, nothing. I go back to work in 18 days. Then it will be challenging! During the school year it is just keeping up with life that challenges me. Work takes a lot out of me. I love it but I’m tired a lot.

Not as often as I want to. I get stuck in routines.

I loved Nickelodeon’s Double Dare as a kid. I don’t really watch TV much.

When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging?
Making time. Sticking to it. Putting my needs anywhere on the list.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Using "generic" or kits based on an emotion... also anything that required a lot of journaling - I'm a short and sweet, get the point across type of writer.

What do find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule?
Ambition - homeschooling just sucks it out of me that I can't do anything outside of it...

Depends what it is - if it's to make myself grow, yes - if it's a risk taking thing, nope.

No - I like to watch tv shows that I don't have to think too hard...

Tenacity... because of health issues, it's so hard for me to loose weight... so when I drop like 5lbs and it has taken me like five weeks to do so, Iose motivation to keep going...
Old 08-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

What do you find challenging scrap-wise? Getting stuck in a rut - my computer doesn't like templates so I struggle to create interesting layouts that don't all look the same
What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule? TIME. As a single mom who works full time in a job that really zaps me mentally and physically - coming home and making a good dinner, getting in some exercise, making time for family, hobbies and my relationship.
Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things? All the time! I love being pushed outside of my comfort zone.
Do you watch any tv shows with challenges?Oh yeah! I'm a very competitive person, so I love that kind of stuff.
When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging? I'm a really healthy eater - but I'm a social snacker. If someone offers me something unhealthy - I eat it With exercise, again its time. I love hiking, walking and yoga, but sometimes I'm so tired after work it's hard to motivate myself to make the time.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What do you find challenging scrap-wise? Journaling and clean/simple composition. I love the look of C&S and I know that from a technical standpoint, it's not challenging to execute, but I struggle not wanting to load tons of "stuff" on my pages!
What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule? Getting out of bed at 6am. I'm a night owl, so it's hard for me to get enough sleep. I also find it challenging to fit in workout time.
Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things? Yes, but I would say I'm marginal at actually following through, lol.
Do you watch any tv shows with challenges? I don't want much TV, but occasionally I'll watch something with a challenge.
When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging?Finding the time to properly plan and to workout. There have been times in my life where I have been very diligent about it, but now is not one of them.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel so lost, where are the getaway challenges? I saw the others

Old 08-03-2019, 02:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I feel so lost, where are the getaway challenges? I saw the others
It's the third folder in the main forum:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...play.php?f=246

I hope you play along!
Old 08-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
It's the third folder in the main forum:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...play.php?f=246

I hope you play along!
😅 thank you! I’ve been away too long apparently

Old 08-03-2019, 02:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What do you find challenging scrap-wise? Staying consistent with photo-management. And titles!!
What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule? Time management & realistic expectations
Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things? Eh... it depends. If it's because there's something I want to do, then I will. But not just for the sake of doing something new because I haven't done anything new in a while.
Do you watch any tv shows with challenges? I love Survivor!
When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging? Fitting it in with other things on the schedule. And passing up sweets.....
Old 08-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. What do you find challenging scrap-wise?
Journaling. I suck at writing it all out. I am a horrible speller and always have typos. Most of the time I'm lucky to have the date on there.
2. What do you find challenging in your day-to-day routine/schedule?
Having enough time and energy for everything I want to accomplish. After spending all day taking care of other mommas babies, I feel exhausted and sometime short in patience with my own children ( now teens and young adults in high school and college)
3. Do you like to challenge yourself to try new things?
Sometimes. I love trying new crafts and scrap ideas. So I'm okay with the creativity part... We just remodeled the upstairs hall bath, and aught our selveshow to wall tile. Hubby did most of the cutting, Ii did the cementing/putting tiles up on the wall and grouting.
4. Do you watch any tv shows with challenges?
My hubby is a big singing reality tv junkie...americas got talent, american idol, LOL...all of them. I like the NBC show Making It.
5. When it comes to health, nutrition, exercise ,etc...what do you find challenging?
All of the above..... I usually eat pretty healthy. But since I had a lot of health issues and foot issues a few years ago exercise has taken a back seat. I've never liked it, and now really don't. In February I did start walking more, but once it got too hot, my hands and legs swell horribly in the heat, so I have sorta slacked off. It's hard to find the time for it most days. I'm also really bad at drinking water....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow