Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2017, 09:40 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Hey Mac Users

I'm new over here. Just got my new iMac yesterday. I am a convert from PC I'm trying it import my pictures but I have no clue how to organize them. On my PC, all my pictures were automatically organized into folders by year, then by day. Can I do the same on the iMac? Is it a manual process? Is it better to create folders for each year? Or is it better to create albums?

Please help!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

For me, I just manually do folders - by year then by month inside the year folder. I like it that way.
At the beginning I used iPhoto, but I found out I didn't like it much, so I decided to do it manually. Also, I think you can just transfer/copy your folders from PC to your mac.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I use iphoto basically because I started using like 10 years ago. I don't like the new iphoto as much as the old version and have issues with it because I have sooooooo many photos... If I was to start over I would do what Sherly did.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do exactly what Sherly does. I didn't care much for iPhoto before and I really dislike it now after I updated it.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
I do exactly what Sherly does. I didn't care much for iPhoto before and I really dislike it now after I updated it.
what she said.... I really dislike the updated iPhoto... even went back to the older version since I disliked it so much. All my photos go into folders on my hard drive.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love iPhoto at work (the old version, not the new Photos version) and use that to keep track of all of the yearbook pictures and such. I wish there was something like iPhoto for PC to be honest! I'd do things a little differently with my personal pictures, but it works wonderfully for the pictures I have to keep track of at work. I can label and find everything so easily! The new Photos version just annoys me. I'm not using it but several of my co-workers upgraded and since I'm the tech person I have to help them with it.