Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default 8 months later- I see progress

Around January I started poking around digi-scrap land. I posted my first layout Feb 8. I knew it was terrible but I also knew I had to start somewhere. I have never been fluent in the "creative" department and I was teetering on ditching the new hobby. So I posted my... I don't even know what to call it (You can laugh, I sure AM!)

This community and one other were so welcoming and encouraging.(I see quite a few familiar names over there too ) I stuck with it and I'm glad I did!!

It came to be an outlet for all of the things I had stuck inside me. Its helped me through the worst moments. I'm still on my stinky 5.5 inch Android using the app that wasn't meant for this type of work, but I'm not certain I want to give up my "scrap 24/7" ability. Haha.

This was way longer than I wanted it to be. I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! to all of you in the community for being so kind. So here is the first page I posted and most recent (I can see a flower I didn't shadow grrr)

Old 09-10-2018, 12:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a difference!
Your last page is really beautiful!

Old 09-10-2018, 02:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

WOW!! Great progress .... if definitely took a little longer to get great pages like that. LOL

Old 09-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So glad you have stuck with this amazing hobby (or way of life for some of us!)

I'm amazed you did all that from your phone?! I don't think I could do that! You've made wonderful progress! Can't wait to see your next post 1 year from now!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nice progress! I always find it fun to look at the very first of my pages too.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wow...you do that all from your phone?! That's pretty remarkable in and of itself! I can definitely see the progress that you've made.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Such a great progress! What's more amazing is that you've done all of those on your phone?! WOW! I don't think I can do that, I prefer my computer.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all for the kind words.
Yes I scrap 100% from my phone. If I had any Apple product I've been a lot better position due to the limits of Android. Anything that's comprable is just a very watered-down version and very very basic. My main gripe, really is just the quality of image and the fact that I cannot use anything but a PNG template.

I've heavily considered iPad but get really overwhelmed du to my ignorance in Technology . I don't think that I could ever make the switch to PC or laptop 100%. I don't want to give up my doctor's office, waiting at the bank, Etc scrapping . I can scrap anytime anywhere.

I do know that I could do so much more with a different set up so I'm curious are y'all mainly PC laptop? Any iOS users? And what about memory and things of that I'm just curious I don't know how others in the world do this haha
Old 09-10-2018, 11:37 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am on an Apple iMac here, so OS for me.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a laptop and use Photoshop Elements 13 for my editing and scrapbooking.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
Thank you all for the kind words.
Yes I scrap 100% from my phone. If I had any Apple product I've been a lot better position due to the limits of Android. Anything that's comprable is just a very watered-down version and very very basic. My main gripe, really is just the quality of image and the fact that I cannot use anything but a PNG template.

I've heavily considered iPad but get really overwhelmed du to my ignorance in Technology . I don't think that I could ever make the switch to PC or laptop 100%. I don't want to give up my doctor's office, waiting at the bank, Etc scrapping . I can scrap anytime anywhere.

I do know that I could do so much more with a different set up so I'm curious are y'all mainly PC laptop? Any iOS users? And what about memory and things of that I'm just curious I don't know how others in the world do this haha
I can't imagine trying to scrap on such a small screen....ROFL..I've got double monitors and they are 25inches each
I use PC and Photoshop.

You know though, you wouldn't have to give up the "on the go" scrapping you could always "start" a page while out and about and then finish it using your laptop or PC!! Just an idea!

Old 09-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, Ashley!!! What a difference between the two!! Every layout I see of yours in the gallery is more amazing and amazing!!! I'm amazed at how quickly you are learning and growing!!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow - i can't believe you scrap on a phone!?? I think I'm an old lady - I don't even like shopping from my phone. I love my big monitor(s) at home lol.

and YES - such amazing progress! you have some seriously gorgeous LOs in your gallery!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad you've stuck it out and are finding enjoyment in scrapping!! Your progress is fantastic!
I wouldn't be able to scrap on my phone... I hardly even read emails on it :P guess I'm getting old! LOL!!