Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:18 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default Your favorite pocket style templates ??

I was just wondering which pocket style templates are your favorite ??? At this moment, I tend to use the same pocket style templates over and over again and I would love to see which templates my fellow scrappers use....I could use a few new sets for sure
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:21 AM
Saar's Avatar
Saar Saar is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 29,542
Default

I like them cleans and simple. I'm using this one for my month in review pages.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:23 AM
Saar's Avatar
Saar Saar is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 29,542
Default

And I also like the ones from Erica Zane. Especially with the stitches.
For example:



__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:34 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
And I also like the ones from Erica Zane. Especially with the stitches.
For example:



Those are the ones I go for every time I love these templates and I have to say that I love her new ez pages as well. A lot of those are on my wishlist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:42 AM
Saar's Avatar
Saar Saar is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 29,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Those are the ones I go for every time I love these templates and I have to say that I love her new ez pages as well. A lot of those are on my wishlist.
I can totally relate! I'm a big fan of her templates and EZ pages too.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2019, 10:45 AM
kim517's Avatar
kim517 kim517 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,350
Default

I have never considered myself a pocket scrapper, but Lorie's monthly templates have won me over and I've used them for some of my personal scrapping for my 2018 book (which I am working hard to finish!) Not as clean as what Sarah shared, but thought I'd point these out. This is the latest in the series.



__________________

Last edited by kim517; 03-21-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-2019, 10:50 AM
kim517's Avatar
kim517 kim517 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 2,350
Default

And these aren't exactly traditional pocket style, but I love Misty Cato's "words and pictures" templates. One example....



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2019, 10:50 AM
scrappy.jen's Avatar
scrappy.jen scrappy.jen is offline
Sugar Pie
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 246
Default

I love Lorie’s Photo Focus pages as well... simple pocket template with extras that add a bit of fun!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-2019, 11:08 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim517 View Post
I have never considered myself a pocket scrapper, but Lorie's monthly templates have won me over and I've used them for some of my personal scrapping for my 2018 book (which I am working hard to finish!) Not as clean as what Sarah shared, but thought I'd point these out. This is the latest in the series.



I love these templates too but...and I have no idea why, I find those really difficult to work for. I guess because you can add so many photos....and I do not always have enough photos for those templates, I start to panic I do think these are great and perfect for PL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim517 View Post
And these aren't exactly traditional pocket style, but I love Misty Cato's "words and pictures" templates. One example....



I have never checked these out...but I will now Thank you !!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:21 PM
karlimarie's Avatar
karlimarie karlimarie is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 592
Default




I picked up this set with every intention of using it for my Project Life layouts this year, I love the different sizes and shapes and variety of layouts... but in the end I decided that I wanted a little bit more of a traditional feel, so I resorted to making my own. It gives me the flexibility I was looking for without having to rework an entire template.

I use these adorable pocket stitches to accent my pages.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:39 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 7,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I love these templates too but...and I have no idea why, I find those really difficult to work for. I guess because you can add so many photos....and I do not always have enough photos for those templates, I start to panic I do think these are great and perfect for PL.
You can add as many photos as you want, but you can also take away as many as you want, or replace them with papers and elements.

The photo strip frames are easily removed, the slide frames all have plain squares underneath them that are perfect for paper play, and any double or triple frames also have plain squares for papers or journaling. Some of the double and triple frames also have a one photo option that you can choose.

I've tried to provide a lot of options on these templates, while keeping them different from the average PL templates, so they may look busy. If they freak you out because of that Biancka, turn off layers until you feel comfortable to start creating.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:53 PM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
You can add as many photos as you want, but you can also take away as many as you want, or replace them with papers and elements.



The photo strip frames are easily removed, the slide frames all have plain squares underneath them that are perfect for paper play, and any double or triple frames also have plain squares for papers or journaling. Some of the double and triple frames also have a one photo option that you can choose.



I've tried to provide a lot of options on these templates, while keeping them different from the average PL templates, so they may look busy. If they freak you out because of that Biancka, turn off layers until you feel comfortable to start creating.
Wow wow wow, I've never realized that about your templates. I don't always look at the layers and I always want to use the template as is....so deleting the photostrips have never crossed my mind!! I am going to check out the templates again asap and disable/remove layers....getting excited now !!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC U11 plus met Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:59 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 5,226
Default

I'm not much of a pocket scrapper, although it is in my plans. I have used some of Lorie's Photo Focus templates and they are awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 PM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post



I picked up this set with every intention of using it for my Project Life layouts this year, I love the different sizes and shapes and variety of layouts... but in the end I decided that I wanted a little bit more of a traditional feel, so I resorted to making my own. It gives me the flexibility I was looking for without having to rework an entire template.

I use these adorable pocket stitches to accent my pages.

I just learned that I can adapt Lorie's templates and I am so happy I started this thread....otherwise I would've never known !! I am opening one of her layouts as we speak so I can have a look at the layers and see what I've missed for so long

Loving those pocket stitches and I've added them to my wishlist. Will purchase those asap for sure
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:16 PM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I'm not much of a pocket scrapper, although it is in my plans. I have used some of Lorie's Photo Focus templates and they are awesome!
I dreaded pocket scrapping for so long until I got on Melanie's CT and she made awesome pocket templates...I still use those from time to time and those templates gave me more confidence to create more pocket layouts for sure I know you are going to rock those pocket layouts !!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-21-2019, 03:42 PM
karlimarie's Avatar
karlimarie karlimarie is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I just learned that I can adapt Lorie's templates and I am so happy I started this thread....otherwise I would've never known !! I am opening one of her layouts as we speak so I can have a look at the layers and see what I've missed for so long

Loving those pocket stitches and I've added them to my wishlist. Will purchase those asap for sure
Oh yes! I almost always change SOMETHING about a template. Adapting templates also helps me use them over and over again without feeling like I'm recreating the same page too many times.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-21-2019, 07:05 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 5,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I dreaded pocket scrapping for so long until I got on Melanie's CT and she made awesome pocket templates...I still use those from time to time and those templates gave me more confidence to create more pocket layouts for sure I know you are going to rock those pocket layouts !!
I think I have some of Mel's pocket templates.
It's one of those things on my list that gets put off. LOL!!
Thank you for your encouragement, Biancka!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-22-2019, 06:05 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I think I have some of Mel's pocket templates.
It's one of those things on my list that gets put off. LOL!!
Thank you for your encouragement, Biancka!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-22-2019, 07:18 AM
Kitartas's Avatar
Kitartas Kitartas is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 666
Default

I have an old retired set of pockets with stitching from Traci Reed that I use for most of my pocket page but i have just recently started using some of the ljs designs posted above - great flexibility
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-22-2019, 09:36 AM
allyanne's Avatar
allyanne allyanne is online now
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 5,554
Default

I love Erica's templates and stitches for project life and almost always use them! I really loved Simone's pocket pages (Two Tiny Turtles) and I'm so sad she's retired now! I like Lorie's templates for regular pocket pages and DSI's pocket page templates too! I've never met a pocket template I didn't like. . .
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-22-2019, 11:58 AM
Valgal's Avatar
Valgal Valgal is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beautiful Colorado
Posts: 7,281
Default

This thread is making me want to start my PL over, or start planning for next year, lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:27 PM
gwany1999's Avatar
gwany1999 gwany1999 is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 929
Default

I only use LJS Designs photo focus. I have them from 2017 to current.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs – The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative