Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-29-2018, 06:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default HP Instant Ink Program...thoughts?

I'm looking at the possibility of enrolling in this program. I've been looking at reviews and like most things, I get a mixed reviews. So I'm wondering if any of you are currently using it and what are your thoughts?

I'm thinking for my printing needs I would do the $2.99/month for 50 pages.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 10-29-2018, 11:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm interested in hearing, too. We'll probably replace our printer in a few months, and a while ago I looked into the possibility of doing HP Instant Ink. It's been a while since I looked into it, but I would have to do at least one level above 50 pages/month. I think I remember being concerned about the inconsistency of my printing. Some months I print 20 pages total and others I might print 100+ pages in a single day. I was worried that in one of my heavier printing times I'd run low on ink faster than they expected and end up having to buy ink locally anyway.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We didn't do it when we bought our new HP printer. We don't print much, and I haven't done the math to see if it would have been worth it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we've had it for a couple of years now and LOVE it!! it's wonderful to never have to think about printer cartridges [I was forever running out mid-print before] and it's super easy to switch your plan around, for those times of the year when you're printing more or less.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're enrolled for more than a year now. It's good, they send you ink before you ran out of ink. Right now we still have one unused ink supply.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What you all are describing is why I would want to enroll. I love using the digi products to decorate my planner and have hated when I run low on ink and then have to pay $40 some bucks to replace the ink.

Some of the complaints I heard were from people that decided to not use the program anymore since they were having so many inks sent to them before their ink would run out. They said the company would then turn the chip off so they couldn't print until they sent the ink they didn't use back (even though you paid for it). That's kinda crazy that they would hold your printer hostage.

I'm thinking I may see how much I print and how long the ink lasts me to kinda see if the plan I'm thinking of would work or not.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bought an HP printer/scanner last November when my grandma passed and I needed to make her memorial video. I enrolled in this program and they sent me the first shipment. I still haven't even used that. I'm still using the cartridge that I got with my printer. We really don't print a whole lot. I thought my daughter would use it more but all of her school work is done in O365 so she rarely prints anything.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:20 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have been on the instant ink program for years! I love it! I print a lot. I use it for my little preschool kiddos, my own kids, household stuff. We even enrolled the two college kids in it while they are away.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 10-31-2018, 10:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We finally got this in our country too and I was wondering the same thing. Good to hear it's a great program! Our teen needs to print a few things for school every month so having backup ink is always great. I feel the €4.99 per month option is the best one for us. Do you get ink shipped every month this way..even when you don't run out of ink that month ?? Just wondering
Old 10-31-2018, 11:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
Some of the complaints I heard were from people that decided to not use the program anymore since they were having so many inks sent to them before their ink would run out. They said the company would then turn the chip off so they couldn't print until they sent the ink they didn't use back (even though you paid for it). That's kinda crazy that they would hold your printer hostage.
sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I've been in the program for about 2-2.5 years now and have never had this happen. They ship my new cartridges when the old ones are probably 1/8-1/16 full... I then just replace them once the old ones are empty [sometimes within a few days, and at times it's taken me up to a few weeks before I've completely run the old ones dry]. It's never been an issue for me, I've never had my printer shut off, or even received an email concerning returns.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My ink is usually shipped when I change a cartridge or within a day or two of that. I have never had my printer turned off or anything like that.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 10-31-2018, 12:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingovise View Post
I've been in the program for about 2-2.5 years now and have never had this happen. They ship my new cartridges when the old ones are probably 1/8-1/16 full... I then just replace them once the old ones are empty [sometimes within a few days, and at times it's taken me up to a few weeks before I've completely run the old ones dry]. It's never been an issue for me, I've never had my printer shut off, or even received an email concerning returns.
I think it was with people discontinuing the program. Once they called to quit, that is when they would do that. The people quitting were seeing that it was costing them more to use the program then buy ink on their own because of how much they were using.

Most of everyone's comments here seem pretty positive though. I just want to see how much I print and how long it takes the ink to go out to see what would be my best option.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My experience has been like Loni's. I've used them for probably 2+ years now, and I LOVE it. We do the 300 page per month plan, and it's worth every penny to me. I can roll over up to 600 pages, so they don't go to waste. As a homeschooler, I print a ton (I often buy curriculum in PDF form and then print it). I love that it doesn't matter if i print a page of just black and white text or a full 8.5x11 color photo... it still counts as 1 page. Doesn't matter how much ink you use.

I really can't say enough good about it. When this printer bites the dust, I won't hesitate to buy another HP and continue with the program.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That is a really good reason to use this program being a homeschooler. I would definitely use the program if I knew for sure I printed that much.

But this program still has me interested for sure!