Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Valentines Day Food

What do you make for Valentines Day? Here is what we are having ...

1) Breakfast - heart shaped waffles! ...and one son that likes strawberry syrup will have that on top ... and heart shaped sprinkles. They vetoed the strawberry milk or even pink milk (food coloring) ... the waffle maker (knock on wood) has been working for 27 years now ...

2) Funfetti Valentines Cake with the Valentines frosting and sprinkles for dessert.

3) Funfetti cookies for the robotics team meeting after school.

4) Heart shaped pizzas for dinner ... and for dh that has been craving meatloaf ... a personal sized heart shaped meatloaf.

My husband advised me that "some day" my kids will grow out of this ... hah! not if they know it's tied to their Valentines presents. ;-)

...speaking of which I still haven't gotten hubby anything ... I am at a loss ... going to read that other thread about hubby gifts and hope it inspires me in the morning!!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

I have Bird Flu ... or Ebola ... or or some strange illness that I can be overly dramatic about, so won't be doing much in the kitchen today - but did want to throw this out for a REALLY easy but fancy dessert you can make (I might have Connor try it this afternoon so that I don't infect the family being in the kitchen and cooking their food).

Daddy came to the rescue last night when he went to pick up dinner and stopped by the store to get the boys a little chocolate treat to put at their places at the table this morning so there would be 'something' even if Mom didn't do a fancy breakfast for them.

Chocolate Lava Muffins
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

We had our dinner last night since we won't be home tonight.
We had Chicken Parmesan Hearts with pink spaghetti and broccoli.

Then for dessert we had No-Bake Nutella Cheesecakes.

I have completely spoiled my son though...he wanted to know why there was no special breakfast this morning LOL! Sorry son, mommy did all the special meals yesterday.

Last edited by Tracyfish; 02-14-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For breakfast I made my kids heart shaped cinnamon rolls with sprinkles on the frosting. I served on a white plate with a heart shaped doily that had a little hand written note (in red) on it. Along with their favorite hot beverage and little giftie. H got strawberry tea with hers and $5 to spend at the used book fair today at school. K got hot cocoa with whipped cream and sprinkles and a $10 Starbucks card for when she's shopping the mall with her friends.

Lunches I didn't do anything special.

Dinner - DH is making us some special dry aged steaks with sauteed mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and spinach.

I made chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert and an extra dozen to take to my co-workers for Valentine's day.

I'm exhausted and it's only 8:15 am.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

No bake Nutella Cheesecakes?! : I HAVE to make those!!!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OH crumb! Tracy reminded me I was going to originally make a cheesecake for tonight!!! Acck I better get busy if I am going to make cookies for robotics this afternoon, a cake (for the non-cheesecake lovers in the house), and a cheesecake ... yikes I hope I have sour cream!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We had heart shaped pizza last night and kiddo and I made rice krispies bars and I put heart cookie decorations on them.

Tonight we will have grilled steaks, some type of potato, asparagus, skinny mozzarella sticks, and for desert, chocolate fondue.

And... y'all know what gifts I'm giving...
Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Both my boys (hubby and ds) want steaks for dinner so we are grilling in tonight but I made dark chocolate truffles for dessert yesterday. They are really good but oh so rich!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

You all are so good! I just ordered a heart shaped pizza and thought I did well. lol I gave my son a Dino Dan DVD and some heart shaped Junior Mints (the kid loves mint). He was so happy, he currently in his room watching his DVD instead of hanging out with me. Guess I did well.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
And... y'all know what gifts I'm giving...
Those are just adorable!

No special dinner at my house tonight. I'm doing a Mixed Vegetable Fritata in muffin cups with a tossed salad. But my only valentine, my son, did get me a gift certificate to shop at the Sweet Shoppe. The boy knows me too well. I in turn got him his favorite junk food, which I have stopped buying since being on WW, Chili Cheese Frijtos and orange soda. He would rather have those than chocolate any day.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 02-14-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just picked up heart-shaped pizza for the boys and then DH and I are headed out to PF Chang's - he made a reservation and everything. They all got bags of candy - my husband's doing. I was completely and utterly LAME this year.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Nothing specifically themed for the holiday, but DH loves Mexican food so I make homemade beef and bean burritos, homemade Mexican rice and dump cake. I don't cook much from scratch throughout the week so this was a special treat for him.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made heart shaped pizza for dinner. No special lunch but Dh picked up Subway sandwiches for us and we went and ate with the kids at their respective schools for lunch... that was fun running around between the buildings to get there on time. LOL

Last night we went out to eat to celebrate Valentine's Day/my birthday. We haven't gone ON my birthday in probably 8 years. Its just too crazy to try to go out on Valentine's Day. We had a nice dinner out last night though and got a great complement on how well behaved our kids are.