Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you scrap chronologically?

I don't necessarily, but I print pages and put them into books in chronological order. I'm 4 years behind and the gap is rapidly growing. I'm not too worried about it because when my three are older, I won't take as many pics which will help me catch up... yeah anyway. If you do scrap chronologically, how far behind are you (if at all)?

Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do scrap chronologically, but I only have ONE kid. I try to stay current and am usually working on the last month or two of photos.

I also scrap art journaling pages for myself that are in the moment therapy (like tonight) and then occasionally I scrap a page of myself or my DH. These are my only projects (scrapping wise!). I don't have Project Life or December Daily type things going on.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm a bit like you Adi - I don't scrap chronologically but I do put pages in chronological order. Hence I have not yet printed many books as I have been way behind - other than my annual family albums, but I didn't do them in order either! I think I did 2012 before 2010, for example. But, I am slowly catching up - especially since I started pocket style scrapping - I have churned through my gazillion photos way faster than if I was to scrap them on pages individually. Just on Friday I finally finished my pages for each year of my oldest son's life (i.e. 0 to 7) - its taken me since February (when I decided this was the way I would do it), but man, did it feel good to finish them. Now I just have to do the pages for my youngest son (0 to 5). Maybe by the end of the year....
Old 07-19-2014, 01:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have a scrap chronologically, I find... sometimes I scrap photos out of order for a challenge or something, but I usually redo those pages. So I've been trying to incorporate what I *need* to scrap with the challenges. I buy supplies based on my recent photos, though, so I will buy stuff I think I'll use down the road. I'm one year behind on both my kids' books. So that's 2 years. And I have been taking a lot more photos lately, so the gap is quickly widening.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapping chronologically would probably make life a whole heck of a lot easier!! But I like to make things hard, so I don't do them in order. I keep all of my PSD files until books are printed and I have only printed 2 books and will be redoing both of them since my scrapping skills have drastically improved since printing. So I'm rapidly running out of space because I keep scrapping way out of order and hold on to all of my PSDs until I can put them in a book... I should really start scrapping chronologically... Uh oh... feelin' inspired!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellahBean View Post
Scrapping chronologically would probably make life a whole heck of a lot easier!! But I like to make things hard, so I don't do them in order. I keep all of my PSD files until books are printed and I have only printed 2 books and will be redoing both of them since my scrapping skills have drastically improved since printing. So I'm rapidly running out of space because I keep scrapping way out of order and hold on to all of my PSDs until I can put them in a book... I should really start scrapping chronologically... Uh oh... feelin' inspired!
I have hundreds of pages I scrapped way back that I have now re-done/will re-do because I have improved heaps since then... that probably adds up to thousands of hours scrapping time over the years, but we have to start somewhere.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I kinda do the same thing......I don't scrap much chronologically at all, but I do like to scrap vacations and such in order and then print them....I did an album for my DD's graduation and I made sure to get her album printed in order by year....but I gave her a printed album this year (except it was in page protectors instead of a bound book) and there was really no rhyme or reason to it and she loves it!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh my gosh I can't believe you guys go back and rescrap pages. I would never get anything done if I did that! I sucked way back when, but those pages are done, so I just leave them. I kind of like to go through them and see how far I've come too.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
oh my gosh I can't believe you guys go back and rescrap pages. I would never get anything done if I did that! I sucked way back when, but those pages are done, so I just leave them. I kind of like to go through them and see how far I've come too.
Yeah... When I think of how many hours those books took me it KILLS me, but if I didn't fix them, I would die! Plus they weren't square either so they won't sit on the shelf the same as my new ones! Totally a reason to re-do, right?!?
Old 07-19-2014, 02:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

um yes. if they weren't square and all the rest of mine were, I'd totally redo them too, haha!

Old 07-19-2014, 02:39 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I don't really redo a page per say, but I have been known to reuse some photos and make a more updated page
Old 07-19-2014, 02:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

If I ever start redo-ing pages, I'll never get caught up!!

Old 07-19-2014, 05:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap cronologically. I scrap the photo/s that inspire me most at the moment. Often very recent photos. But I aslo sometimes go back and scrap an older photo, from years ago. I wasn't scrapping at all when my son was a baby, so I like to scrap those photos every once in a while. The only problem is that the photos are pretty bad quality.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically either, I tend to use my most recent pictures but I do bounce around depending on what I am scrapping. I don't tend to redo my pages but have reused the pictures some times.I save all my TIF's just beacuse I am too OCD to throw anything out - I am a scrapbooking hoarder!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
I don't really redo a page per say, but I have been known to reuse some photos and make a more updated page
This is me too.

I absolutely do NOT scrap chronologically. I scrap what fits my mood at the time, which could be baby photo of my almost 14-yo or pics I took yesterday. I also have tons of photos that need to be scanned from when DS was growing up- way before digital cameras were on the scene. I do, however, put them chronologically in albums and just shift them around as I print.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason for the way I scrap. Or print. I just scrap what I feel and then print. I like that it's out of order and I get a mix of time in an album.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 07-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a pocket scrapper and I mostly scrap chronologically. Yesterday, for example, I could have scrapped either weeks 26 (insert), week 27, 28 or 29 when I was sitting down to work with a new CT kit. I ended up doing week 28 because it best matched the kit colors. I have a post on my blog with a little more about my workflow.

So while I am usually scrapping within 3-4 weeks of the current week, I'm not necessarily chronological. This week my goal is to get the bulk of the vacation layouts from last vacation done... since we leave on another trip on Friday.

I also have a folder full of photos I love that I can use to do new pocket layouts that aren't chronological and probably will never be printed, but I love the pictures and find that just doing pocket layouts with fun photos inspires my creativity sometimes. Those would be in the not chronological, I'm just having fun with pockets category.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:37 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

For the most part I scrap chronologically. But I print all my layouts in chronological photo books, so I always print that way. I jump around, especially for CT layouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh, no I have serious issues with scrapping chronologically.. I don't know why, I just like to pick and choose what I want to scrap and when I guess. However, saying that, I've only ever printed a handful of pages so far but I'm aiming for getting my books printed chronologically.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:15 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I don't scrap chronologically, but I do put my prints in albums by year. So, that's why I hardly ever print photo books. I just have some lovely Ding albums, one for each year, and when I print layouts I put them into the appropriate binder. If I waited to finish a year before I printed, I still wouldn't have even one single album finished, and I (and my kids) enjoy getting and looking at the prints way too much to wait for that.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
Okay this is more what I mean. I don't take the old PSD files and revamp them. I take the photos that I absolutely love and put them with a kit that better suits them. All my old layouts from my printed books were using old freebie stuff, and I like so much more the stuff I have now. It'll work out, right?? I mean, I can totally catch up with the 10 years worth of digi photos I have!

I have actually scrapped about 300 pages this year so far, so I keep telling myself it will work out! I can do this!!!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've scrapped a crap ton this year too... i think over 300. It's insane, haha! I'm working on catching up the rear when I don't have CT kits to work with and then picking and choosing which pics look best when it's a ct kit.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm about 4-5 years behind. eeep! I never scrapped chronologically, but I also put my pages in chronological order when I print a book.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Now that I'm back scrapping, I think I've found a happy medium between scrapping what I feel like and catching up on my albums. I want my albums to be chronological, but I get bored scrapping that way. So I decided I'll print individual pages to put in albums, then I can print anything I've already done and put them in yearly albums. I'm also making myself scrap one layout from the first incomplete album (2008 in my case lol) for every random page I do. This is helping me out a lot because 2008 was the year we got married, and we didn't have any kids yet, so I rarely choose pictures from that album to scrap (why are wedding pictures so boring to scrap??). But now it's actually getting done! Plus I'm using templates a lot to help me scrap faster and get caught up.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Believe it or not, I have never made an album. I usually just scrap whatever pictures I feel like at the moment but it isn't my girl next year to make it least one album for each of my kids.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have photo books for each year since I've been married. I don't have kids yet and I have no problem keeping up and typically print pretty early in the year.

I also do a photo book of 30-60 pages for our yearly vacations.

I do often go back and scrap pictures from before I was married of my childhood, my brothers & sisters, etc for CT work.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically.

Before having kids I scrapped whatever, wherever. I scrapped because I loved the creative expression. Now I scrap to document my kids lives. I feel like it's so much more important now for me to document our lives for them (especially if god forbid I am not around one day, I want them to know everything). I am concentrating on the past 3 years, but it's thousands of photos. I'm working forwards from my pregnancy and backwards from today. Trying to keep the current stuff from piling up while also back tracking and doing all their baby book/childhood stuff. So I sort of attack it from both ends.

I will also do what ever kit or template inspires me most that particular day and what season we are currently in plays a huge roll in what I want to work on. As of today i just sent off my last 20 pages that needed to be printed, so I am caught up from the printing angle. I have all my pages in a temporary album out of order, but ultimately I will have all my albums in some sort of chronological order.

I think starting in January I'd like to try doing months in review type spreads.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically at all except for my weekly pocket pages that I've done for the last 2 years. My oldest was a teenager when I started scrapping and my daughter was 11, so I'm still working on going back in time and scrapping some of their childhood while keeping up with the present!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically but my albums are done so. This is why I don't do books lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyd View Post
I don't scrap chronologically, but I do put my prints in albums by year. So, that's why I hardly ever print photo books. I just have some lovely Ding albums, one for each year, and when I print layouts I put them into the appropriate binder. If I waited to finish a year before I printed, I still wouldn't have even one single album finished, and I (and my kids) enjoy getting and looking at the prints way too much to wait for that.
Exactly this, though I use post bound albums. The only time I do photobooks is when I'm printing a vacation album. I tend to be more motivated to scrap semiecent photos (and by that I mean the last 2-3 years), but sometimes I go way back for a photo that matches a CT kit or because I just happen to feel like scrapping a certain older memory. My 2003-2010 albums are rectangular 8.5x11s, and 2011 to the present is all 12x12. My vacation photobooks vary in size, too--I have 8x8s, 12x12s, 8x10s, and 8.5x11's. As long as everything within a single album or photobook is the same size, I'm good with it. The one thing I scrap in chronological order is PL.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm mostly a chronological scrapper with only a few exceptions (i.e. older photos work really we with a kit or challenge).
Old 07-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically, but I print them and put them in chronological order.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never scrap chronologically, but if it's an album with a story (like vacation), I always put them in chronological order. I'd probably do this if I was doing kiddo albums, I think. With heritage albums and AAM I'm mostly doing it by theme rather than order.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I never scrapped chronologically, and even though I started scrapping in late 2008, up to about 2yrs ago, I had never printed a book, and felt lost in all the random pages. So I started making an effort to scrap chronologically when I wasn't doing ct pages, and soon had a first year book done for each of my kids. In the past year, I've managed to print books for 2008-2011, and have less than 10 pages to do to finish 2012. So even though I'm still scrapping randomly, I only have 2013 to complete, as well as working on some 2014 pages, so I don't feel too bad about it!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't call mine chronological. I scrap a lot of current memories as they occur because the photos come up in Lightroom and I love them. If a kit comes along that goes with the story, those babies are getting scrapped. But if a kit comes along that doesn't go with any of my current stories, I look back to something else that does. For example, in the last couple of weeks I scrapped several layouts about my son's current weeks from Philmont, one of him less than 2 yrs old and some scanned photos of my grandma in her 20's. I jump all over the place in my scrapping and in how I store layouts. Only my pocket scrapping/PL stuff is stored in date order. Everything else goes into the newest album for each member of the family. At some point when my heritage album starts coming together with natural dividers, I'll move them around but I'm not stressing about it right now.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:07 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Nope. I always scrapped whatever motivated me at the moment.

Currently I'm doing everything to keep current with Project Life, and those are chronological, then still going back to years I haven't finished. Those books are in sleeves in binders, so I can adjust. PL will be printed, so I need to keep them in order to keep my printing template clean and know where I am in the end.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am all over with what I am scrapping! There is no rhyme or reason to it (besides the Disney album which I would love to get done before our next trip in 2 years....that's my goal anyways).

I am so behind with scrapping! I have printed albums from 2006-2007. But other than that, it's hit or miss. I love my albums to be printed chronologically, which is a pain when I am missing a few layouts to complete an album to be printed. It's like an ongoing problem! At least I organize them by years and than by months or vacations, so that it's easier to see what layouts I am missing or to see if there might be a month that is ready to be printed.

I think I just need to print more!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I had a long stretch when I didn't scrap at all (when I owned a brick-and-mortar SB store) and I'm really enjoying going back and scrapping the photos from that period. I jump around, though-- I just browse through my photos until I find something that inspires me to tell a story (or, occasionally, that matches the challenge or kit I'm trying to use).

Last edited by emkayess2; 08-02-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap chronologically, but I keep them in chronological order. So far, I am up to 2011 book. I am somehow skipping 2012 and preparing for 2013 book right now
But yeah, when I print them, I want them to be in chronological order.