Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Summer Fundraising Ideas needed

My daughter's YMCA Leaders group is heading to Leadership School in Blueridge NC again this year. The cost is about $550 per child to attend, plus another $100 for the bus they take there and back.

They have done a few fundraisers but I'm look for some new ideas for group and individual fundraisers that others have done that work well. Some of these kids parents can't afford the whole amount so I want to help all the kids that want to be able to go.

Right now my daughter is selling water bottles that we are making with my Cameo and vinyl. She'll make about $150 if she sells all 30. We gave her $150 for her deposit but I'm trying to get her to earn the rest. She'll get some money from the club based on what they raise as a group, but in the past that has only been about $100 which ended up covering the bus.

So any ideas that don't require a layout of a large amount of money would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My niece sold Yankee Candles one year.
https://www.yankeecandlefundraising.com/
I don't know the specifics, but I'd buy some...
Old 02-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have Scentsy reps who offer to help the kids fundraise for things here and that goes over well.

Are there businesses in the community who would donate services/gift cards that you could raffle off?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Following along with the theme of previous responses.... do you have a Gold Canyon rep in your area? They have a great candle fundraiser where you can earn 40% instantly.... It would be a great group fundraiser. Wish I were in the States, I'd put it on for ya.

Steeped Tea also has a Fundraiser option.

Right now our 4H club is doing a raffle for an Easter Dinner basket... everyone donated a couple food items to put in it, and some of the usual easter basket goodies such as bubbles etc. The kids school does this at Christmas time also, these do VERY well.

Last edited by JennNtheBoys; 02-10-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Great ideas ladies. I will check around. We did a Mary Kay one last year that helped my daughter raise about $50. I totally forgot about it!

I was also looking for ideas such as car washes or other community type events since they have the YMCA to host it at.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Things like that that seem to do well around here are when the school hosts a princess tea party... that would be easy to do in a room at the Y... not sure what theme would be good for boys if ya wanted to do 2 just to have something for everyone. Or a kiddie carnival?

Cook books do really well too! especially if someone had the materials handy to bind them themselves to save $ on production.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

our gymnastics gym does 'parent night out' nights as fundraisers for the cheer teams' travels - and our Y does them too ... each parent pays $25 - 35 (depending on the place) for about 3 hours - kids come to the gym/Y and play/eat pizza/watch a movie while parents have a night out.

and both our gym and Y do them 2 times/month and they are usually close to selling out

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio