Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2012, 06:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default If you are royalty...

don't do ANYTHING topless. Just sayin'
Old 09-14-2012, 06:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

agreed. I feel horribly for her but I can't help but wonder why on earth she'd go topless even in a "private" compound.

The poor thing. It's like Diana all over again.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Or bottomless, for that matter. We got an eyeful of Harry last month o.0
Old 09-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Whatever they do or don't, they will always be watched and photographed. They can't live all their lives in fear from photographs. I hope Kate can handle it better than Di (she makes an impression on me that she's better suited for the position), and I can only shrug at those photographers... and their target audience.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea why she must be treated this way-who cares she went topless-people need to get off their high horse and just say...Oh wait-she is a person...same as us-no matter her title. It's not her issue that everyone holds her to a higher sense of morality-it's theirs. I'm with Adriananka-I hope she can handle it-cause she deserves to live the life she wants.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
I have no idea why she must be treated this way-who cares she went topless-people need to get off their high horse and just say...Oh wait-she is a person...same as us-no matter her title. It's not her issue that everyone holds her to a higher sense of morality-it's theirs. I'm with Adriananka-I hope she can handle it-cause she deserves to live the life she wants.
I absolutely agree.

It wasn't as if she was running the streets topless and acting like a sleezeball... she was in a private setting, sunbathing, for goodness sakes. They need to leave the poor girl alone. Ugh!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post

It wasn't as if she was running the streets topless and acting like a sleezeball... she was in a private setting, sunbathing, for goodness sakes. They need to leave the poor girl alone. Ugh!
I agree with this. Throughout history royalty and higher society people knew they had different standards to live by. Comes with the territory I say!

At least I don't have to worry about anyone snapping topless photos of me
Old 09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I agree with this. Throughout history royalty and higher society people knew they had different standards to live by. Comes with the territory I say!

I know what you mean, and I agree. But if we look closer, the historical monarchs were usually acting pretty amorally. The high standards were, most of all, just a facade. These days they at least don't pretend not to be human and I like that about them. I think their life is not as easy as it might seem - it's quite burdensome and I would never want it (as you say, at least we can do whatever without fearing paparazzi round the corner) and they deserve to cherish some normal life when not in public.

Totally OT, but I actually wouldn't mind living in a (constitutional) monarchy with human beings at the throne, as opposed to the sleazy politician that is the President of my country. But that is totally OT and I didn't mean to hijack your thread with my silly views. Monarchist nostalgia is pretty common here, and I'm amused at myself when I think like this. ;-)

Last edited by adrianka; 09-14-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

While I might have agreed this was the case years ago-I will stand behind my belief that "times they have changed". My biggest peeve with the entire situation is that if she is on vacation with her husband (or her friends), it is that vacation-if she is to be held to a higher standard because of her position then why can't the press be held to the same standard-the woman was on vacation...let her be. I bet the pics are freaking awesome-cause the girl is gorgeous.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
I know what you mean, and I agree. But if we look closer, the historical monarchs were usually acting pretty amorally. The high standards were, most of all, just a facade.
That's true. The internet makes their exploits more public but in instances like Harry (not Kate) I'm sure his father and grandfathers have done the same exact thing generations back. We just didn't have to see the pictures.

If I were royalty, I'd go nude anywhere and everywhere I could. They'd eventually get tired of taking my picture and go bother someone else.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I bet the pics are freaking awesome-cause the girl is gorgeous.
She totally is, isn't she? :-)

And Val, just in case - I meant nothing I wrote as critical of what you wrote. Of course if she takes her top off, even in private, it is to be expected that pictures will appear... So if she doesn't want them, she shouldn't. But since pictures of one or other kind are bound to appear anyway, I'd say it's better for her to learn to ignore it and laugh about it - the press will hunt her anyway, so if she can cope, she is the winner in the long run. :-)

Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Preach girl! I'm with ya.

Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Old 09-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Poor thing. She is gorgeous, so I say more power to her. Maybe she should walk around the castle topless. That would turn a few heads.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I know what you mean, and I agree. But if we look closer, the historical monarchs were usually acting pretty amorally. The high standards were, most of all, just a facade.
Very good point.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think she is a remarkable young woman and that opinion does not waver with her lack of clothing. If I was built like that I would go around topless every where. lol I think she is strong enough to weather this storm with William by her side.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalskate View Post
Poor thing. She is gorgeous, so I say more power to her. Maybe she should walk around the castle topless. That would turn a few heads.
LOL, Kate, your siggie is just perfect for this conversation! You even have a crown in it! :-D

Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

FWIW, I like her more now. She went topless on vacation in her private home. This is not newsworthy, what IS newsworthy is that someone needs their a** beat for stalking the poor girl. She has displayed nothing but grace and poise and flawlessness during the last 10 years and this does not change that. She is still an example I would hold up for my daughters. Including topless sunbathing with her husband, lord knows that a woman needs to be a lot sexy with her husband
Old 09-14-2012, 12:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
FWIW, I like her more now. She went topless on vacation in her private home. This is not newsworthy, what IS newsworthy is that someone needs their a** beat for stalking the poor girl. She has displayed nothing but grace and poise and flawlessness during the last 10 years and this does not change that. She is still an example I would hold up for my daughters. Including topless sunbathing with her husband, lord knows that a woman needs to be a lot sexy with her husband
What she said!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jocelinsmommy

sun bathing nude in Europe is still popular last I checked (we had alot of neighbors do it when we lived in Germany and in Turkey)---they have nude beaches so her being "nude" I don't see as offensive I mean in the states it's not "popular" unless u go to a nude camp or something along those lines but being nude over in Europe is alot more acceptable.

another random thought this was "taken" in France and I swore according to the halle berry case of her trying to move her child there because the paps are less aggressive etc and aren't allowed to take your picture unless you allow them--this right here proves her case "false" ----in so many ways---but according to their case that you can sue whoever took the picture and the magazine that publishes it because you didn't give them permission if your a star---could be making alllllllllllll of this up but I've read it in several places as halle berry has presented her case in court in California as such. I think if that is true that Kate/Royalty should go after the newpaper and see if they can find out who the perosn is that sold them the photo.

off my high horse )

Old 09-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelinsmommy View Post
sun bathing nude in Europe is still popular last I checked (we had alot of neighbors do it when we lived in Germany and in Turkey)---they have nude beaches so her being "nude" I don't see as offensive I mean in the states it's not "popular" unless u go to a nude camp or something along those lines but being nude over in Europe is alot more acceptable.

another random thought this was "taken" in France and I swore according to the halle berry case of her trying to move her child there because the paps are less aggressive etc and aren't allowed to take your picture unless you allow them--this right here proves her case "false" ----in so many ways---but according to their case that you can sue whoever took the picture and the magazine that publishes it because you didn't give them permission if your a star---could be making alllllllllllll of this up but I've read it in several places as halle berry has presented her case in court in California as such. I think if that is true that Kate/Royalty should go after the newpaper and see if they can find out who the perosn is that sold them the photo.

off my high horse )

She and William are suing. I hope they win.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope Kate sues them for everything they've got!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Quote:
I absolutely agree with this, Shan! I think she should be able to do whatever she wants...if she wants to be topless, so what?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traci Reed View Post
yes.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That is exactly what I thought when I saw that, Val!

I totally don't see why people don't go to jail for that. It IS stalking; why is stalking legal as long as the person being stalked is famous.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
She and William are suing. I hope they win.
I didn't know that... good! It will be interesting to see how it turns out. Hopefully it will cause other 'journalists' (using the term lightly) to think twice.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
And Val, just in case - I meant nothing I wrote as critical of what you wrote.
I wasn't offended in the least
Old 09-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The top photo here shows how far the photographer was away, it's craziness
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-magazine.html

The royals must have the best legal team ever so I hope the magazine/photographer and the Italian magazine planning to print them next week are worried now!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I wasn't offended in the least
Glad to hear that. Not that I expected you to be, I'm just super careful about this. :-)

Old 09-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
The top photo here shows how far the photographer was away, it's craziness
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-magazine.html

The royals must have the best legal team ever so I hope the magazine/photographer and the Italian magazine planning to print them next week are worried now!
A bit OT, but she is *such* a beautiful woman - in the graceful royal way.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

The things long range lenses can do! I don't know whats worse...the jerk shoving a camera in your face or the stalker hiding in the trees miles away. I think it comes down to society...as long as there are people feeding the source (the mag), you're going to have paps. It's sad that a celeb/royalty can't walk around in their own home, but they must realize this comes with the territory. Her attitude and how she deals with this seems on par with what I've seen of her so far...poised, elegant, and very classy.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do think that royals should be held to a higher standard of morality than your average joe -- they typically have accumulated an enormous amount of wealth through their status as royalty, receive payment from the state for their expenses and live very posh lives with access to all sorts of perks most of us could only dream of. In return, they are asked to do one thing -- to represent the country responsibly and honorably.

That said, I don't think there is anything immoral at all with sunbathing topless in your own "home" on vacation. It was perhaps a little naive of Kate, given the cut-throat paparazzi out there, but not immoral. If anyone was immoral here, it was the photographer lurking in the bushes with the telephoto lens.