Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-14-2020, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTW: 12/14

Doing any binging? What of? Food, movies, tv shows, hobbies, books?
Old 12-14-2020, 01:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been scrapping as much other than CT duties b/c after losing a family member recently to COVID, it totally drained my mojo but I'm trying to carry on. We've been binging lots of tv shows and I am starting to get back into my PVR'd Hallmark Xmas movies that I usually watch throughout December.

Hubs has been playing with his firestick and android box a lot, downloading apps and customizing. He'll be happy with the voice activated one he'll be getting at Xmas.

I've been reading more, lots of holiday stories (right now I'm reading Winter Street by Elin Hilderbrand).

We are going to binge Ratched over the holidays and the latest season of Fargo. After that we'll check Netflix and Amazon to see what's there.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your family member, Rae.

I've been binge baking. I did a double batch of cutouts Friday, decorated them on Saturday, and this afternoon I've done gingerbread house pieces and men. I'll bake some chocolate sugar cookies when I get my new cutters in the mail, and then decorate the entire mess.
I've gained a ton of weight, so I know what my New Year's resolution is going to be.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My scrapping has been on the back burner...We just got back from Disney. We spent 4 days there then rented a house in Florida for a week. We stayed in the house and never left...it was so nice to "hide out" for a week. My inlaws came down and we had a pool, pool table etc. Once back we have been on full Christmas mode here shopping/shipping everything to family in VA where we are headed on Friday. We will be in VA at my inlaws house for the next 2 weeks.

We had a very small Christmas party with our Sunday school class (our quarenteam as we call them) Saturday, virtual Church musical Sunday. Tonight we are doing our annual Christmas lights drive through. We have neighborhood we like to visit and look at lights. I like to think December is going to be laid back and calm but it never is...maybe next week when I get "home"...

In the evenings when we get to finally sit down for a few minutes we have been watching Veronica Mars with the teenager. If I have some time during the day I have been watching The Crown or Vintage Games shows on Prime/Buzzer TV...
Old 12-15-2020, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your family member, Rae.

I've been binge baking. I did a double batch of cutouts Friday, decorated them on Saturday, and this afternoon I've done gingerbread house pieces and men. I'll bake some chocolate sugar cookies when I get my new cutters in the mail, and then decorate the entire mess.
I've gained a ton of weight, so I know what my New Year's resolution is going to be.
I can relate...I gained almost 10 lbs during this pandemic and have just started to take it off again but then the Xmas baking starts....so yes, come January....you and me both LOL
Old 12-15-2020, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
My scrapping has been on the back burner...We just got back from Disney. We spent 4 days there then rented a house in Florida for a week. We stayed in the house and never left...it was so nice to "hide out" for a week. My inlaws came down and we had a pool, pool table etc. Once back we have been on full Christmas mode here shopping/shipping everything to family in VA where we are headed on Friday. We will be in VA at my inlaws house for the next 2 weeks.

We had a very small Christmas party with our Sunday school class (our quarenteam as we call them) Saturday, virtual Church musical Sunday. Tonight we are doing our annual Christmas lights drive through. We have neighborhood we like to visit and look at lights. I like to think December is going to be laid back and calm but it never is...maybe next week when I get "home"...

In the evenings when we get to finally sit down for a few minutes we have been watching Veronica Mars with the teenager. If I have some time during the day I have been watching The Crown or Vintage Games shows on Prime/Buzzer TV...
The Crown is on my to-watch list. We want to do a Xmas lights drive too.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've been rewatching the Gilmore Girls.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Currently obsessed with holiday baking competition shows. I've watched so many. lol
Old 12-15-2020, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh gosh Rae, I'm so sorry you had a family member pass aways of COVID, big hugs!

We've been binge watching some shows, but not a considerably different rate than pre-COVID.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
The Crown is on my to-watch list. We want to do a Xmas lights drive too.
The Crown is awesome...It has me googling all sorts of history. LOL

I have noticed a lot more folks decorated with Christmas lights. We visited a neighborhood that has been doing a huge competition for over 50 yrs. It is 2 hrs of driving around or more and some fun houses to look at.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been doing much besides my holiday baking. It's just one of those things I knew I could keep the same this year, so even without a lot of visitors I am still doing my usual 30+ sweets LOL
Old 12-16-2020, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I've been rewatching the Gilmore Girls.
I've got the reunion 4 parter PVR'd and hope to watch over the holiday season. No one else wants to watch so this will be one I watch while scrapping.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I haven't been doing much besides my holiday baking. It's just one of those things I knew I could keep the same this year, so even without a lot of visitors I am still doing my usual 30+ sweets LOL
Yum...I want to come to your house I'd better get my butt in gear and get some baking done this wkend.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your family member, Rae. I am actually bingeing something right now lol I'm watching the new Charmed on Netflix
Old 12-16-2020, 06:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry, Rae!

Is there a word for binge scrapping? Because that's what I've been doing. I was trying to finish the photobook I was working on by late November so I could focus on gifts, but I didn't quite make it. I have about 7 layouts left, I think. Then I made each of my parents a photo blanket for their 50th anniversary. (Because of the pandemic we missed both of their 75th birthdays and are now missing their 50th. What a year!) Now I'm working on calendars. I'm hoping to finish and print those by this weekend, then it's back to the photobook so I can finish that before the end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk