Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Camera bag for travel.....

Who has one they love? I'm going to San Francisco in September with my mom and I'd like to take my big girl camera. I hate the lugging it around though and we'll be on foot and relying on public transit. I'd like a bag that I can carry my camera an extra lens and phone, wallet, lip balm and shades. I want it to be water resistant and comfortable and not crazy expensive. Does such a bag exist? I've looked at the Crumpler 6 Million but I'm so unsure.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine was made by Pink Punk Boutique, but she no longer makes them.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used the 5 million while we were in Alaska and it was perfect. I brought 1 extra lens and I still had room for my wallet and sunglasses. So the 6 million will probably be perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's good to know Erin, TY.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I've heard good things about Epiphanie bags. I just put my camera in my purse with all the rest of my stuff so no personal experience with Epiphanie.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, it's not waterproof, but when I'm traveling I just use a large Vera Bradley tote. I've lugged my DSLR around Disney the last few trips in a Vera tote and it worked great. I've tried other bags, but this seems to work best for me if I'm walking around and taking pictures. Very easy to pull out and snap pics then just drop it back in the tote.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This one looks nice. Might be bigger than you want, it's water proof.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Deluxe-B...amera+backpack

I use a backpack for my gear when we travel, or at weddings.

this one is smaller, doesn't say it's waterproof though.
http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-BP2-...amera+backpack

This looks perfect

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-SLR...amera+backpack
Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really appreciate the replies.

Navaja77, I've heard great things about them too. They're out of my price range though and I have a couple of purse type ( Jo Totes ) that I really like, they just aren't great for carrying all day or trekking out in the wilderness.

TXCorey, my DD would LOVE if I bought a Vera Bradley bag, she loves that stuff. LOL

Vanessa, I think I may try out that last sling bag. TY!!!
Old 07-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My husband has that sling bag (the third one that Vanessa posted). It looks ridiculous on him because you have to buckle it around your waist to get it to hang off your shoulder right. It's okay in ease of access, but not ideal.

I have an Epiphanie bag and it is awesome for trips. I can fit my camera, extra lens, external flash, my wallet, keys, chargers and even my Nook plus extra cards and battery. However, it gets heavy. Plus side everything is in one bag and I find it pretty easy to carry and get my camera out of it fast for pictures. This is the one I have in black. http://www.epiphaniebags.com/Caramel.../gin001brn.htm
Takes awhile to get delivered and kind of pricy, but it's stylish and works pretty darn well.

I do have to say I decided it's too heavy to take to Europe this summer as I want something I can wear crossbody. I got a lot of recommendations to try a Crumpler bag.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought I'd update just in case

I ordered this one and returned it, it was wonky and I didn't like the clipped waist band at all.

I debated about the Crumpler but the 5 doesn't have a padded strap and to buy one extra was another $30 and I think the 6 was a little bigger than I wanted so.....I bought this one and I think it's a keeper. For the price it's hard to beat, it's pretty comfortable ( although I really just want someone to carry all my crap LOL ) everything fits and it's secure, easy access and good for outdoors.

Thanks ya'll
Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That one looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That bag is really cute! I have several really nice bags (Epiphanie Stella, Epiphanie Lyric, Kelly Moore B-Hobo & Jo Totes Allison - yes I have a camera bag addiction lol) but don't always like carrying them when we travel and that looks like it would work well and the price is really good!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keely~B View Post
I thought I'd update just in case

I ordered this one and returned it, it was wonky and I didn't like the clipped waist band at all.

I debated about the Crumpler but the 5 doesn't have a padded strap and to buy one extra was another $30 and I think the 6 was a little bigger than I wanted so.....I bought this one and I think it's a keeper. For the price it's hard to beat, it's pretty comfortable ( although I really just want someone to carry all my crap LOL ) everything fits and it's secure, easy access and good for outdoors.

Thanks ya'll
Loving this thread because I'm looking for a bag to take to Hawaii. Is this one working well for you Keely? Do you know if it is waterproof? I couldn't find the answer to that in the description. We do a lot of boating when home so waterproof is a must! My only complaint with the bag that came with the camera is that it kills my shoulder to carry. Is this one pretty well padded? Thanks!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
Loving this thread because I'm looking for a bag to take to Hawaii. Is this one working well for you Keely? Do you know if it is waterproof? I couldn't find the answer to that in the description. We do a lot of boating when home so waterproof is a must! My only complaint with the bag that came with the camera is that it kills my shoulder to carry. Is this one pretty well padded? Thanks!
I'd definitely say water resistant, I wouldn't drop it in the lake but it's all nylon and well enclosed, well padded. So far I really like it, I haven't carried it all day yet. I do really like the padded strap, it was one of the big selling points.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Keely! This is what I needed to know!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I bought a new sling this summer for our hiking trip, a Think Tank Turnstyle 10 and it was fabulous. It started to pour while we were on a long hike and it was awesome that I could pull out the waterproof shell to put around the bag. Before the end of the hike, I had an extra point and shoot and 3 extra phones tucked into it as well!

They have a few different sizes depending on the space you need.

Penny
Old 08-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Penny! You wouldn't think this would be such a big decision but they are kind of spend and I want it to work well for our trip. Currently we fight over who has to lug around the uncomfortable camera bag!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

After lugging my camera in Europe this summer I've decided the camera bag I have is entirely too heavy, even with a padded strap. Ended up buying a backpack over there and putting my Sony NEX-5 in there and it worked fine. My larger Sony Alpha is too big to carry day to day now too - but I will be looking for a new bag for it. So, I'd love to hear how your bag turns out for you Keely!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My camera bag was a big success, I loved it! It was really easy to get in and out of, roomy enough for my extras but not cumbersome, very comfortable and held up perfectly when I got caught in the rain. It fit me really well and it never felt too heavy or bulky. Super happy with it, now my mom's asking for one for Christmas.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the update Keely. I ended up getting the Crumpler 6 and space is tight. And the shoulder strap is not all that cushy. In all honesty, I was sort of disappointed for the money spent. We haven't taken our trip yet though, maybe it will be fine!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I used to bring a digicam everywhere I go. Now that mobile phones have better quality, I never bring my digicam anymore.