Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-13-2017, 10:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default What projects are you working on now?

What long term or special projects is everyone working on now or hoping to get to soon?

My main project is my 2017 album. I'm on week 25 for my weekly pocket pages, but I haven't done too many of the non-pocket pages yet. I'm hoping to at least finish and print January to April by the end of December. I give myself a 50% chance of making that deadline!

I'm also about halfway through a 20-page photobook about a trip to Boston that Dan and Jason took in 2014. I just bought a Shutterfly Groupon that expires in January, so now I've got a deadline and will finish and print by then.

I'd like to make some progress on a book about our 2016 Disney trip. We'll see how I do--I get overwhelmed by this project. There are sooo many photos; even choosing the best ones for each page is a big job. So far I've decided what each of my pages will be and gotten the photos sorted, but I have a lot more in each folder than I can realistically include in the photobook. I'm going to try declaring Tuesdays "Disney Day" and only working on my Disney pages on Tuesday. At least that way I'd make some progress without falling too far behind on my other projects.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That are some fun projects Rachel. Can't wait to see your pages.

I'm working on:
- An album of our family vacation to Austria and Italy from 2017.
- An album of a vacation I took with a friend in September 2017. Her birthday is in August, so I hope to give it to her on her birthday.

When I have finished one of the above albums, I can start on our trip to Vienna (July 2017).

Old 11-14-2017, 03:07 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am working on a project 2017.
Our wdw/universalvacation from aug 2016.
Moviepark germany may 2016.
Dlp march 2015.
( and there are other dlptrips and vacations waiting )
Old 11-14-2017, 10:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My next BIG project to complete is my son's Preschool Album. I probably have 20 more layouts or so to create.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am in the progress of my trip to Ireland book from this summer. Have a few pages started but am at a stand still.

Still need to finish 2015 YIR and have yet to start 2017. Want to do a December one. We will see where I get to, lol.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Everyones' projects sounds so fun!

I'm currently working on my PL 2017, I've got up to week 32 finished (minus 7 and 25), then up til week 45 (minus 43 and 44) where I'm almost finsihed, pictures are placed and most have a kit in place, I just need to finish my journaling (basically just copying from my journal).

Then I have my pages from our France trip ready made, just need to tweek the last things and put into a book and order.

As always, the kids' books are "running" in the background, but won't be done anytime soon.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I need to complete lake house vacation albums from 2016 and 2017. I don't have enough photos to make a 20 page book for each so I guess I will have to combine them (giving as a gift to my BIL & SIL) but it feels weird to me to have two vacations in one book so I've put it temporarily on the back burner. Our disaster of a vacation with my family should be scrapped, too, but I'm not sure I will make a separate album for it. I might just make some pocket pages and call it good.

I'm debating on doing a drag 'n' drop premade Shutterfly album of my ILs' anniversary party from last year. I know that my MIL would like to have copies of the pictures but just handing her a photo album when she knows I digitally scrap seems impersonal.

I have 2017 PL abt halfway done. I don't like it but I'm too far in to quit. Oh, and I need to do my 2014 Countdown to Christmas album (and this year's) but I'm not worried abt those. 2011, 2012, and 2013 are printed, and 2015 and 2016 need to be printed.

Otherwise, I'm always working on the last 2 or 3 years. I think I have 3 events from 2014 and 6 from 2015 to wrap up those years officially.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I just had a baby and I'm working on a monthly and weekly review album for at least his first year. I got started right away so that I didn't fall too far behind too fast! I'm also slowly chipping away at my pregnancy album and trying to get a few challenge layouts in as I go.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
My next BIG project to complete is my son's Preschool Album. I probably have 20 more layouts or so to create.
COMPLETED AND ORDERED!!
I am excited to choose my next project to work on and complete!!
Old 01-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
COMPLETED AND ORDERED!!
Congrats! It's so exciting to finish and print a project you've been working on forever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 11:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I finally ordered my Boston album! That's been on my to-do list for about 3 years (though I only got serious about getting it done in the last year). It's hard to get motivated to scrap a 20-page photo album for a trip you weren't on where the majority of photos were blurry or captured awkward expressions. I wanted to do it because the trip was a big deal for them and they were nice enough to take lots of photos (even if they were bad ones, LOL), but I'm glad it's done!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 12:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I finally ordered my Boston album! That's been on my to-do list for about 3 years (though I only got serious about getting it done in the last year). It's hard to get motivated to scrap a 20-page photo album for a trip you weren't on where the majority of photos were blurry or captured awkward expressions. I wanted to do it because the trip was a big deal for them and they were nice enough to take lots of photos (even if they were bad ones, LOL), but I'm glad it's done!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Congrats on getting it done! What is up next?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks. I always have my ongoing album of Project Life and digital layouts, and I'll probably put more time into a Disney album I've been working on slowly. How about you--what did you decide on?

Old 01-25-2018, 03:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Thanks. I always have my ongoing album of Project Life and digital layouts, and I'll probably put more time into a Disney album I've been working on slowly. How about you--what did you decide on?

I haven't decided but I was leaning towards Disney Album too!
Old 01-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I haven't decided but I was leaning towards Disney Album too!
Have fun with it! I've got mine planned out (the page themes and how many pages each theme will be), but I have to make yet another pass through the photos trying to get the numbers down. I could easily make a 50 page album, but I'm determined to keep myself somewhere around 20 pages so this doesn't become a never-ending project.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Disney 2013 Album completed and ordered!! Woot Woot! Now to decide what to work on next??
Old 03-05-2018, 04:46 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I am always creating photo books but just recently I started something totally new. I was recently diagnosed with pre-dementia and Alzheimer's disease so I am starting a journal to share some of the issues and my thoughts as a record for my kids in the hopes that somehow this helps them during the time when things get really hard for us...hopefully that time is still many years away
If you would like to see it I am posting the pages on my facebook page here: MY REALITY
Old 03-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyNKy View Post
I was recently diagnosed with pre-dementia and Alzheimer's disease so I am starting a journal to share some of the issues and my thoughts as a record for my kids in the hopes that somehow this helps them during the time when things get really hard for us...hopefully that time is still many years away
That sounds like something that would be very comforting and helpful to them. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I hope you still have many good years ahead!
Old 03-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Now that I'm back scrapbooking again I have a few projects (aka a LOT) to get working on. But these are my main priories right now

1. 2017 Disney Trip
- currently working on this one now

2. Family album from 2017
- Just had our last daughter in May 2017

3. Wilson Family Chaos book (Christmas presents for extended Family)
- Includes Memorable events/activities/sports from over the past few years.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

currently, I am going through photos since 2008 when my first son was born. so many precious photos and memories I haven't scrapped yet! this really is a looong term project
Old 03-15-2018, 10:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom View Post
Now that I'm back scrapbooking again I have a few projects (aka a LOT) to get working on. But these are my main priories right now

1. 2017 Disney Trip
- currently working on this one now

2. Family album from 2017
- Just had our last daughter in May 2017

3. Wilson Family Chaos book (Christmas presents for extended Family)
- Includes Memorable events/activities/sports from over the past few years.
Sounds like plenty to keep you busy, especially with a baby! I love the idea of the Chaos book. I've done family vacation albums as gifts because my extended family takes a week-long summer vacation together, but I've never considered adding other things into that book. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagi View Post
currently, I am going through photos since 2008 when my first son was born. so many precious photos and memories I haven't scrapped yet! this really is a looong term project
Wow--that is ambitious! I get intimidated by the idea of sorting a full year's photos for our calendar--I can't imagine going through everything since 2008. I bet you'll find some amazing photos you've forgotten about or that seem more meaningful years later than they did at the time.

I'm still plugging along on my 2017 album. I've basically finished January through April (the 1st book I'll print) and am about halfway through my May to August book. My goal is to finish 2017 by the end of June, which I think I can still do. (My summer vacation starts in mid-June a week before my kids' does, so I'm hoping to get a lot of scrapping done then.) I've put my Disney album on hold; I feel like I'm too far behind on our 2017 and 2018 family albums to want to devote time to another project right now.

Last edited by rach3975; 03-15-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I NEED to carve out some time to tackle some projects!!
Old 03-16-2018, 01:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey guys! Just thought I'd pop my head in and report on my project. I'm making a book on my reading challenge for the year. 12 specific book themes. I've gotten 2 done and I'm working on #3. So far so good!

this one
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...hochar&cat=500
and this one
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-of-pi&cat=500
Old 03-16-2018, 01:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
COMPLETED AND ORDERED!!
Yay!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 04:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
That are some fun projects Rachel. Can't wait to see your pages.

I'm working on:
- An album of our family vacation to Austria and Italy from 2017.
- An album of a vacation I took with a friend in September 2017. Her birthday is in August, so I hope to give it to her on her birthday.

When I have finished one of the above albums, I can start on our trip to Vienna (July 2017).
I've finished the projects I was working on. All books are printed. I've started on my Vienna album. I made 20 pages and deleted them all. I just started again and have now a few pages I actually like.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My current projects:

- 2016 PL- Done up until week 40. Why haven't I finished this?!

- 2017 PL- Done up until week 48. I know why this isn't done. CHRISTMAS PICTURES. Blah.

- 2018 PL- I just finished week 2, so I'm a few months behind. Haha. I just did week 1 a few days ago. Sometimes starting is the hardest part.

- Teddy's First Year album. Ummmm this is a massive life long project. lol.

- Teddy's Second Year album. I probably have it about half way done! Everything is planned at least!

From here on forward, I'm just going to scrap the pictures/memories that I really LOVE for an album for Teddy. Hopefully print every four-five years?
Old 03-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to make an album for my parents as a "thank you" for them taking my girls and I on a few vacations with them. It'd be nice for my dad to see the labor of their love with our family in book-form. That's my goal this year---hopefully I can do it!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think it is time to re-focus and complete another project. Need to find the motivation and time!