Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default what present are you most excited..

about your loved one opening?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are making a little kitchen for the kids, and the closer it gets to finished the more excited I am. Too bad it's a Santa present.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

oh how fun! i had big dreams for doing that a few years ago and never did do it
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummyd

I am so excited about my son opening his pressies, this year he seems to want to know about santa and is getting sort of excited about him, Santa has got him a huge aeroplane and helicopter for xmas and I just know he will love them, if he looks at them and attemptes to kiss them, I know he will love them, my daughter has asked for a cooker and washing machine, also lots of other toys, I think at 3 she will be happy with just the cardboard box and the paper..........lol
Old 12-22-2012, 06:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got the boys a Kindle Fire, so I'm excited for them to open that
Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummyd

Aiden is getting a tablet, its called a Nabi, so he can play games on it, he loves angry birds, he has his own Ipad, but we dont put games on it, just his communication aids, as its his talker, so we thought he could have a similar tablet for games.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:56 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I got the family a board game called Ticket to Ride that has amazing reviews. Both my husband and youngest son are big train fans, so I'm super excited for them to play it.

edited to add- I payed less than half that. They really upped the price these last couple weeks. Yikes!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For my daughter, I am most excited for her to open her American Girl doll. She has no clue about it and does not expect it at all since she just got the McKenna doll in December (she earned it so we had to order it before the end of the year). I got in on that great Today Show deal where they had two dolls featured for $50 each. I picked up Marie-Grace for her. So excited as it was totally spur of the moment. It makes me giddy to think about her opening it. She has asked for a DSi to replace the one she had that broke so she's getting one of those too and she'll be thrilled, but I think the doll will make a bigger impact.

For my son... he has asked for an iPod touch so we picked up one for him. I know he'll be excited about that, but I really think what will thrill him even more is the World of Warcraft mega blocks sets that I picked up last minute (huge discount on Amazon so I couldn't resist!). He is 7 so while he'll love the iPod, the mega blocks sets will be a bigger 'wow' as far as something to play with on Christmas Day.

I'm bummed I don't have anything for DH that I feel that way about. He kinda knows about all of his gifts and he is really hard to shop for this year. When I ask what he wants he says he wants to pay off bills. So, for his 'big' Christmas present we're paying off another credit card. LOL Works for me though.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
I got the family a board game called Ticket to Ride that has amazing reviews. Both my husband and youngest son are big train fans, so I'm super excited for them to play it.

edited to add- I payed less than half that. They really upped the price these last couple weeks. Yikes!
We are seriously obsessed with Ticket to Ride!! We love it and play it at least once a week!!!

DH- I don't know, I got him lots of little things that are spoiling him this year. Usually he manages to spoil me and this year I got a lot for him. I won't get to see my parents and brother open gifts, but my dad is going to flip at the stuff we got him, and my brother is going to love his kitchen gear we got him
Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My siblings and I all went in together and got my parents an IPad..it's something they would never buy for themselves and I'm excited to see them open it. They aren't expecting it at all.

I wrapped all of Santa last night and got so excited to see the kids faces Christmas morning.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am really excited for my dad to open up the cool thing DH picked out for him. It is an e-graph from Kevin Millar (former Red Sox) and if you scan a code, it talks to you!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hanukkah is already over, but I was most excited about the My Little Pony castle and ponies that we got Lauren. She loved it and it has been her most-played-with toy since she got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I got the boys a Kindle Fire, so I'm excited for them to open that
We're getting Ben one for his birthday in March along with the FreeTime Unlimited subscription. I can't wait to give it to him!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I can't wait for L.J. to open his tablet...because then he can run his own battery down LOL! He didn't even ask for one so it will be a big surprise.

He also doesn't know that the TMNT Legos came out already since they were supposed to be released in January. I just got him a small set since I was pretty much done buying when they came out, but he'll still be excited.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Abby will FLIP over her AG doll.. I got the same deal Sherri.. she's not expecting one at all, she's asked for one for years.

J will love all his hot wheel sets.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Keira her AG doll & i got her 2 monster high dolls, she has no idea. Coop 2 new transformers that he's not expecting. Plus his hulk hands & spiderman playset. We do everything from Santa.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought Dh a boogie board. He's stumped about the box.
The boys asked for an Xbox so that will make them happy.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know what Cheyanne will flip over this year to be honest - there's really nothing big under the tree for her basically because at 12 she has most everything already - laptop, iPod, HTC phone, iHome, Kindle Fire, etc.

She's getting a lot of clothes and a few pair of shoes/boots because she's growing like crazy and needs clothes and shoes badly. Honestly she will probably be most excited over the $10 water bottle I got her for basketball that she's been asking for every single time we are at Dicks Sporting Goods Oh, and the box full of every Jones Sodas flavor there is (she loves that stuff!)
Old 12-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am excited to see Landon's face when he opens his gifts. He didn't give me hardly any ideas. SO, I think I hit the mark on a couple of things...........1. A dino lego set.........he doesn't even know they make dinosaur ones yet. He will FLIP! and 2. He has wanted a Polaroid camera for the last couple of years but never mentioned it when asked about for Christmas. I found a great one on a awesome deal.......again, he will FLIP! Can't wait!

I love it when I find the perfect gift without the person asking for it.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

We pretty much do everything from Santa here too.......most excited to see the kind in these:
Sam (19): the aristocats movir along with her Marir stuffie (she absolutely has loved the aristocrats since she was very little
Ben (11): his huge nerf gun.....and his new nerf gun...and a new book series
Abby (6): her very own digital camera
Peyton (5): his lego hero city police statio
John (dd's boyfriend): bluray player for his computer and his filled stocking

I always look forward to EVERYONE opening their stockings
Old 12-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For Drew I got him these spy glasses that he really wanted and a lego xwing set. Ryan got a phineas and ferb electric guitar that he has been DYING to get and this fire airplane lego set that he really wants.

For hubby- I got him this LSU framed print/game ticket from the national championship game in 2008 that LSU won. I think he is going to really like it.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

the girls are gonna flip. we got them a trampoline and they're just going to DIE, i know it.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are celebrating Christmas this weekend with my husbands family so I actually got to give him the present I have been wanting to give him for a looooong time (I probably got it almost a month ago!!). It was just a really nice album/photobook of our Hawaii pictures, but I was so excited about how it turned out and couldn't wait to give it to him.

And then my son has been asking for several things for a long time (I swear, he has a photographic memory!), so I was able to score a lot of his wishlist at awesome deals black friday. I'm pretty excited to see his face when he opens that stuff finally that we've said "maybe for Christmas" for a long time now!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 12-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

this thread makes me so happy <3

being parents for christmas i think is so awesome..

We actually got lily something I have been saying "no" for ever since she asked for it in the summer (a furby....i know i know)

last year she asked for a figet friend and we didn't get it for her and then so many of her friends got one and it really crushed her.. I didn't think it would really upset her kwim? so this year she was asking for a furby and she still thinks it is a "no" so i know she'll be really surprised
Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

What's funny is it's the gift I was most hesitant to buy!! It's a gift for my oldest DD (she almost 15) it's a Fender Acoustic Guitar ( set includes: case, strap, tuner, picks wires) and 2 months worth of guitar lessons!! She is going to FILIP!!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Bike & Scooter for my boys - that's their "Santa" presents, so I don't think they'll be wrapped. I haven't decided yet.

And honestly - everything! I didn't buy a ton of stuff, so everything I got was thought out and chosen carefully. I'm excited for everything
Old 12-22-2012, 11:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I really don't know... I don't have much for hubby - he is so hard to buy for... if he needs/wants something he goes and buys it... or it's something that is way too expensive like an BMW X5.

As for kiddo... I'm just not feeling any of the gifts I got him... he is just slightly getting into legos... so I got him a Cars 2 Lego set - which he already sniffed out and asked to play with already... geez! Snoop much? I also have a remote control Cars 2 that I think he will like...
Old 12-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
last year she asked for a figet friend and we didn't get it for her and then so many of her friends got one and it really crushed her.. I didn't think it would really upset her kwim? so this year she was asking for a furby and she still thinks it is a "no" so i know she'll be really surprised
Oh how fun. Furbys do kinda creep me out (okay - a LOT creep me out, lol) but I love that you went ahead and got her one. She'll remember that forever I bet My mom did that a few times. I still remember every instance that I thought I didn't get something, but ended up getting it
Old 12-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

There's so much I'm excited about this year! The kids have such excitement for the big day they are going to love what we got them!!!

Ben will love the nerf guns... He has been begging for them and I almost didn't get them. Also a big Lego set... The first set we've purchased that was over $70. Eek! He better like it!

Grace will adore the Barbie vet puppy and the box filled with jewelry and hair accessories.

And I'm pretty sure DH got me something from Lush. Out closet smells heavenly!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DH knows what I got him, LOL! We only did stockings this year because our TV died and we had to get a new one a couple weeks ago.

I'm not 100% sure on what DH got me. But I know he got me one of those pandora try braclets from Kohls. I'm pretty excited to see what exactly he got me. He said he was excited to give it to me.

I think the kids are going to adore everything we got them. The best thing is Keira & Cooper both can only remember 2 things they've asked for. Keira, AG McKenna & an Furreal Chipmunk. Cooper asked for Hulk Hands & A spiderman play set. We got them that stuff.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We got the girls an Android tablet to share. They are going to FLIP.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

DD's big (literally!) present is a princess castle tent. Just one of those simple pop-up ones, and I bought it because she's always talking abt camping or wanting to hide under the blankets, etc.

Then we saw almost the same kind at CVS last week, and she was ENTRANCED. She was in the cart, but we had to drive over, look at it, touch it, talk abt what the different parts were. Her eyes just lit up.

And now I can't wait to see her face when she comes down the stairs and sees that tent Christmas morning! I think she will insist on opening all of her presents inside of it.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH and I don't really exchange gifts...we pretty much get things whenever so we don't make too big of a deal out of Christmas. The biggest thing we're excited about this year is we got Libby (my 7 year old) a keyboard....not just any keyboard either....it's pretty much the size of the piano and has the weighted keys and everything. It's amazing and she is going to LOVE it. She just started taking piano lessons and I can't wait to hear her practicing on it!! We got Claire a American Girl doll which she will love and she'll love her Doc McStuffins doctor's kit too!! I can't wait!!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:34 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
We are seriously obsessed with Ticket to Ride!! We love it and play it at least once a week!!!
awesome!! I'm glad to hear that it has good replay value! Do you have any of the expansion packs?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley View Post
awesome!! I'm glad to hear that it has good replay value! Do you have any of the expansion packs?
not in real form yet, but on the ipad I have every version available and I probably play it 5 days a week. we have yet to introduce anyone to the game and they not get hooked. we bought it for two different people this christmas lol
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

We got the boys 3DSes this year. But only one asked for it & I pretty much told him they cost too much so don't get your hopes up. Then Target had an awesome Black Friday deal on the version that comes with Mario Kart & we were able to get them each one. I think they will be so excited.

I got DH some hard to find rye whiskey. He is rye drinker. I tried to find him a fedora as a joke but you need to know hat size & there is no way I can discreetly measure the man's head.

He says he got my gift at Harbor Freight & since I did not ask for tools or anything else Harbor Freight sells I have no idea what he might have gotten me.

Last edited by Stacey42; 12-23-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

For my girls, they both wanted "Littlest Pet Shops" and so they are each getting two big playsets and a pack of pet shops. They are still the age where they want TOYS so I think that will be fun to see them open and play with their toys.

I also had two skirts handmade for them and matching American Girl Doll skirts- so that will be fun to see their reaction to that! (They always ask for matching outfits with their dolls, but x2 that is pricey, and I paid $45 for two girl skirts + two doll skirts.

Oh, and they are each getting a big fluffy dog from Ikea- only $10! I tied a red ribbon around the neck.

Then some more clothes, games, craft supplies, duct tape, etc... and some new Lego Friend's kits.

This is going to be our first time ever celebrating at home with just our family... dh has to work the day after Christmas so it wasn't feasible to travel this year. We will travel the weekend after Christmas to celebrate with his family. And that's when my 6 yo will get the gift she told me she is most excited about--- "Caroline" the new American Girl history doll! From her grandparents...
Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

my littlest is getting the Calico Critters treehouse
My teen got her room redone and one of those mirrors that hold jewelry inside
my son got an iPhone 5
my hubby got a Go Pro camera

scored major deals on all of it and am feeling darned good about this Christmas!

Heather

Creating for:
Anna Aspnes
Creashens & Vinnie Pearce
Old 12-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Everything! My husband and I have made most of everything they are getting and not only have I really enjoyed it, I think they will love it all. Oh Christmas is really really small so every single present I did buy was very much thought out and I think will be perfect.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My son got all his gifts from us already and I was surprised by some of the favorites. I was mostly just excited to see his reaction to the things we got him.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was so excited for DD1 (12 1/2) to open her Samsung Galaxy Tab 2...she's been saving up to buy herself one, but now she can use her money for something else. She hasn't put it down since this morning. lol DD2 (10) asked for this GINORMOUS Barbie-type townhouse when she saw it at Costco. She has been smiling since she saw it next to the tree this morning. Took hubby and I 3 hours to put it together today but it's pretty awesome! I mean, the thing has a garage and a home gym for crazy sake! I think they both had a really great christmas and I just love being able to give them the things they want.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura_A View Post
I was so excited for DD1 (12 1/2) to open her Samsung Galaxy Tab 2...she's been saving up to buy herself one, but now she can use her money for something else. She hasn't put it down since this morning. lol DD2 (10) asked for this GINORMOUS Barbie-type townhouse when she saw it at Costco. She has been smiling since she saw it next to the tree this morning. Took hubby and I 3 hours to put it together today but it's pretty awesome! I mean, the thing has a garage and a home gym for crazy sake! I think they both had a really great christmas and I just love being able to give them the things they want.
I had a Barbie townhouse when I was a girl! So cool!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 AM

profile gallery send pm

wow, Barbie is moving up in the world! That looks like a dream come true!! When I was a kid, this was the townhouse.

Like I mentioned, I was excited to have the family open Ticket to Ride, and we LOVE it! Great game for our family!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

hah Julie I had that one for a couple of years then in the mid-late 80's this beauty was mine

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hehe...yeah, this thing is so huge we couldn't put it where her old one was...not enough space, so we had to put it at the foot of her bed. She loves it so much! I've played with it with her a little...so fun! ...and if you notice, she has a Barbie Mini Cooper, a little sports car and a Jeep parked in the garage. lol

Last edited by Laura_A; 01-01-2013 at 01:45 AM.