Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummyd
Default 4 more sleeps till the big day

so are we all ready for the big day, I am so excited, this year my son is 6 and half and its the first real year he is into any of it, you see, he is autistic and non verbal, and trying to find out what he likes and not and would like for xmas is ni on impossiable, the only thing he has hummed for is Rocket, you see he hums not one single word just hums.
We have a friend who is dressing up as the big man and coming round ealy xmas morning with a gift for the kiddies and I can not wait to see their little faces when santa walks in......lol.
My daughter is 3 and well she has asked for anything and everhting, so she will be easily pleased I am sure.

How is everyones xmas preparations coming and are you getting excited...........I am 34 but a big kid at heart and want xmas day to hurry up.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting that your son is into Christmas this year!! Take lots of pictures!! Can't wait to hear about how much he loves it!! I am very excited for Christmas too!! My girls (7 and 4) are MEGA excited for Christmas to get here!! Only problem with them is their list changes nearly everyday so it has been hard to keep up with what they want. Hopefully Santa (and mommy and daddy) don't disappoint!!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aww... happy to hear that he is excited for the holiday!

My son is 5 and really, he could take it or leave it... He seems to like the lego advent calender and the elf on the shelf... and all the other things I've dragged the family too... but he just doesn't seem to get into it... I asked him what he wants for Christmas and I always get, "I don't know..." So, I'm like naming off things we have already got him... "Wouldn't you like some legos for Christmas?" And I get a, "yes, I guess..." *sigh* Of course doesn't help that I'm married to Scrooge... Geez, why are you spending so much money? How much did the Christmas Around the World activity cost us? double *sigh*...
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are so not ready at my house! I haven't been able to get as in to Christmas this year as I had wanted to. I tried. December has been a difficult month all around from illness to the tragedy last Friday that left us reeling. However, tomorrow I am starting 'operation Christmas spirit' in hopes of revving us all up so we're in the mood.

My kids are 7 and 10 and they are pretty excited. They have made their Santa requests but the 7 year old keeps changing his mind. He wants really pricey stuff and like we've told him a hundred times, Santa doesn't bring anything expensive. That's up to Mom and Dad if they can afford it and want to get it. Santa has lots of children to deliver presents to all over the world and he can't be giving every kid $90 toys. At least that's how it goes in our house. Santa brings 3 gifts because Jesus got 3 when he was born. He brings gifts in the $20-$40 price range, nothing crazy. If they get a 'big' gift it's from Mom and Dad. This year we've managed to get some fabulous deals so Mom and Dad are hitting it out of the park this Christmas. The kids will be thrilled.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I am trying to be in a jolly mood, but so far I am just bah humbugging it.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my 2 are so excited they can hardly contain themselves. LOL We put the gifts under the tree a couple days ago and that has just boosted their energy. My 2 (almost 3) year old opened a gift for me today LOL She disappeared for a few minutes this afternoon and when we found her there was a small mess of wrapping paper all over the carpet. OH well. She got a timeout...see if she learned to stay away (or see if I learned to keep track of her better tomorrow!)

Old 12-21-2012, 11:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

My 4 year old asks me every day if it's Christmas yet. Everrryy day I have to show her the calendar and let her count. I am excited for her and enjoying hearing her sing all of these Christmas songs...but I'm still waiting on the Christmas spirit to hit.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm about as excited as the kids. Luckily having 3 advents has helped the 3 yo get the concept of how many days until Christmas. I keep wishing it were sooner, but I've still got to finish their big present. I've been able to make a lot of their presents and I just know they are going to love them! DH is really excited about what he bought for me, but he already knows his big present.

I've been so bah humbug about life in general for the past few months, but I finally decided to stop worrying and live in the hope of Christmas, and it's been great. I can't believe how good my kids are now that I'm not so stressed out all the time.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like you've got a magical morning planned!

We are visiting family right now (and will be home for a quiet Christmas at the beginning of the week). So we are doing our family gift exchange tomorrow! Actually, it's worked out great since my son's been getting his presents over the last couple weeks (since we've been visiting people), so I think there will be less 'overload' on the actual Christmas day! And after all this 'socializing' I'm really looking forward to some quiet!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel terrible, I haven't wrapped any gifts Luckily my IL's sent us home with some after Thanksgiving, so the tree isn't completely barren! At least my shopping is done, that is a step in the right direction, lol

I knew you'd mentioned your son was autistic, but I didn't realize he was non-verbal. That's great that he seems into it this year. That makes me happy to hear. I just love it when kids have the Christmas spirit.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummyd

awww wow, looks like everyone is going to be having amazing christmas days.

Yes Sheri, Aiden does not say a single word, just hums, he talks/communicaties using pec cards, and makaton, but in the last 3 months Aiden was bless with his own Ipad, with all his pec cards on it, so now when he touches the card, it also says the word, so in a way he is sort of talking via an ipad, its wicked its the pressure of him trying to talk as he hears it, and he is making more noises since he has been using it, so we are hopeful that he may talk one.

That is my chirstmas wish, the first year was that he made is to his first xmas, and everyone since is for him to be healthy, happy and to one day hear his sweet voice.

Since having Megan (she is 3) its made Aiden more open, he actually likes to come near us, and want to hold your hand and give kisses, before he would cry if you went too close to him.