Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-23-2010, 02:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes
Default Beaches, Sandals, other????

DH are saving up for a couples only trip and are looking for advice on where to go. He doesn't want to do a cruise again. We want somewhere warm, beautiful and fun! Oh, and all inclusive is a plus.

Anyone have any recommendations???

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Last edited by Kat Stokes; 02-23-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We did Couples on our Honeymoon in 1999. (Negril, Jamaica)

It was a-mazing!!!!

Highly recommend it!!!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

how far are u wanting to go? we stayed at a couples only retreat in vanuatu on our honeymoon. Was gorgeous, and our bungalow door litterally opened onto the beach. No tv, which was great. We spent the whole time just hanging out together. It had a pool, bar and restaurant right there in the resort, and the centre of town was only 10 minutes by bus (which there, are more like taxi's as they pick up and drop u off where ever you want). We went horseriding thru the rainforest, took a tour right round the island, went canoeing to a local village and got to see their traditional dances and try their food. Heaps of other fun stuff to do as well.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

DH and I like to go to Cancun because it's easy since we're here in Dallas - not necessarily because I like Cancun.....but anyhoo.... we stay at all inclusive couples only resorts and the one we have liked the best was Excellence Riviera Maya. I typically just end up staying in the resort the whole time and they have about 7 really good restaurants with different cuisines, premium liquors, martini bar, amazing spa, etc. All rooms have large jacuzzi tubs and huge showers, flat screen TVs, and so on. We also went to Turks & Caicos on our honeymoon about 8 years ago and stayed at Beaches - which was ok, but I would look for one that's couples only. The islands there were awesome as well.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i've heard that there are some really nice once is cancun, as mentioned above ...i'm not sure where you live or how far you want to travel - LOL - i KNOW there are some amazing places in bali, maldives, etc too - i haven't been able to go to any of those yet

we haven't done any couples only places yet - right now we always do club med b/c they have lots of kids activities i would stay away from any of those (at least the ones that are family friendly) if you want something relaxing - haha - we went to club med punta cana in december and met a lady there who didn't realize it catered to families - she was really shocked at all the kids and noise! LOL!

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE the big Island in Hawaii - If it is just the 2 of you Sandals - All inclusive is the way to go!!! Beaches includes the kids.... They have great deals on line and then I would check them with a travel agent ... Sometimes the travel agents can get the hook up - sometimes not!

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland