Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm
Default I need to vent (and a hug)

In April, we signed Rachel up for preschool at our area public school. They offer one morning and one afternoon class. I signed her up on the first day possible, and at the time, neither classes were filled up. We turned in all of the paperwork on day one, and requested a spot in the morning class. I was told that was fine, and that she would be in the morning class.

Well.....we just went to meet-the-teacher night, and guess what? They screwed up and put her in the afternoon class. I am SO upset...the afternoon class is 12:45-3:15...and she has dance class at 3:30. I told them I'd have to take her out of class early on Mondays for dance, and the teacher told me I'd have to talk to the office about that. It'll take a good 30 minutes to get her from school to dance, and I'd still have to get her changed too. Not to mention my morning workout that will be screwed up, as well as all of the plans I've made for afternoon activities with her.
And since hubby works nights, he's only available for helping with her in the mornings at school (ie parties, field trips, driving or picking her up).

So right now I'm just stressing and severely frustrated. The secretary is supposed to investigate and call me tomorrow. I need a hug, but hubby is telling me to stop stressing and get over it. I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of the universe, but I do NOT do well with last minute change and my excitement over her first day of school is kind of soured over my first dealing with this mess.

Last edited by pewtertm; 08-17-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry! I would be bummed too. Is there any way they can squeeze her into the morning class since it was pretty much their mistake?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Oh I would feel like frustrated too. Hopefully they will get her in the morning class as you requested.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Both classes are topped out at 20...I'm not sure what they are going to do. It was their screw-up...but I'm not really expecting them to do much of anything. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Grr. That's the kind of thing that I always make a big stink about until I get my way. If it was their mistake, they better fix it. I'm a brat that way.
Hope it all works out Stacy!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to take you with me, Lydia. LOL.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:22 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I would probably just embarrass you. I'm not good at keeping my cool in those situations, but I do usually get my way.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

{{{hugs}}}

That stinks, Stacy. I'm like you; I'd be upset about it... and my husband would be telling me to relax. I hope it all works out for the best.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Big Hugs!!!

We had a scare in the middle of the summer here with DS's preschool (private/I pay). They called me and asked if it was OK if they changed to a Wed/Fri program instead of a Tue/Thurs like it had been. Um....YEAH!!! It was the middle of summer and of course all the programs are full by that time. It took them two more weeks to make their final decision but they decided to keep it the way it was. I was very upset and still have a negative attitude towards the school a little bit now.

I don't do well with change and this kind of change (morning to afternoon) totally screws your whole day up and you have to change everything around! Plus...most kids do better in the morning...its just a fact! So I'm so sorry, hopefully they can fix it, or she can adjust well and you can too! Is there any dance classes in the morning?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd make them switch my kid and one in the morning! You said morning. I'm a witch about these things too
Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

BTDT with my oldest ... they did that to us as well ... he was still taking naps at noon time (he played hard and totally zonked out before 1pm) ... had to insist and push...then talk to the principal who told me that working moms have priority ... well the working moms there had their kids in daycare rest of the day so it really didn't matter ... dug my heels in and insisted since they first promised me mornings ... they switched ... and he napped every afternoon when he got home from Kindergarten.

My other two kids didn't nap by that age ... but my first one did.

I hope you get strong with them ... because they can look up and pull the kid that enrolled last in the morning class and switch them ... and they can say they screwed up! Hope you get it changed.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rachel hasn't taken in nap in almost 3 yrs....I miss them LOL.

I can't switch dance...the only preschool class is from 3:30 to 4:00 on Mondays.

As far as getting hard with them, we'll see what they have to say when they call today. It's public school...not like we are paying anything...so I'm not sure how much good pushing will do.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

UPDATE:

Yay, the secretary called this morning, and Rachel is back in the morning class. Someone in that group decided not to attend, so they were able to put Rachel in the right room without bumping and upsetting anyone else. I was praising and doing a happy dance (and I do NOT dance LOL).

This is such a load off...stress gone immediately, and now I'm feeling the joy with my kiddo again She has been literally squealing with excitement ever since we walked into the room last night...the first thing she said was, "Ohhhh, this is a NEAT room!"

Hmmm...LOL...should I go buy myself another new school kit to celebrate?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

grr... these things makes me so angry... they mess up and all they can say is, "sorry"... I won't say what I'm really thinking...

{{Hugs}}
Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sooo happy for you! Glad things worked out.

We requested afternoons for my DS' kindergarten this fall based on some other obligations we have in the morning, and I would NOT have been happy if they'd screwed up!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad they made it right for you! You were lucky to have a choice if it's a public preschool. My 4 year old goes to a public special needs class, and this year he has to do afternoons because that's what they do. (2's and 3's go in the am). He's an extreme early bird, up before 5 am most days, so he still naps in the afternoon. I'm dreading this so much! I've also been told that they don't make K exceptions here. In the schools that have 1/2 day K you go when they tell you, and that's it. I think it's by neighborhood, not parent choice.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

YEAH!!!!! I am so glad it worked out!!!!! I think you should totally celebrate with a little shopping! I am a good enabler that way.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm glad they made it right for you! You were lucky to have a choice if it's a public preschool. My 4 year old goes to a public special needs class, and this year he has to do afternoons because that's what they do. (2's and 3's go in the am). He's an extreme early bird, up before 5 am most days, so he still naps in the afternoon. I'm dreading this so much! I've also been told that they don't make K exceptions here. In the schools that have 1/2 day K you go when they tell you, and that's it. I think it's by neighborhood, not parent choice.

Thankfully, Oklahoma has public preschool for 4yr olds...right now some offer full-day, and some offer half-day. Next year all kindergartens are supposed to be full-day, and I'm not sure what I think about that...but oh well...we've got a year to get ready for it. LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hugs Stacy! And as special needs preschool teacher, I HATE having to put parents in a class time that is hard for them... maybe a spot will open up so she can move into it.

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Glad to hear they fixed it! I would have insisted they fix it, but my kid still takes long afternoon naps, so it would be necessary. lol
Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Glad to hear they fixed it! I would have insisted they fix it, but my kid still takes long afternoon naps, so it would be necessary. lol

Wish mine did!!! When she hit 2, her body stopped needing them. I'm hoping school wears her out and she'll decide that she needs them again. LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Glad to hear it all worked out for you!

Portfolios:
May June

Proud to be a Creative Team member for SusDesigns
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
Wish mine did!!! When she hit 2, her body stopped needing them. I'm hoping school wears her out and she'll decide that she needs them again. LOL
You know if that happens ... it will always be on Mondays when she will need those naps. think Murphy had something to do with that.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

sooo glad to hear it worked out!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay, I'm so glad it worked out for you!