Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 07/26

Let's all get to know each other a bit more....here's some fun questions for you.
  1. Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream?
  2. What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
  3. Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day?
  4. Do you have organized cupboards/closets?
  5. What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to?
Old 07-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. I still watch General Hospital and Young and the Restless (soaps). I even started watching Bold and the Beautiful again after taking a break for many years. They are perfect to watch when I am scrapping, are easy to follow, don't pull my attention away from my scrapping or internet browsing. I love that our new TV system allows for syncing of all devices so I can start and stop on any tv, tablet, laptop etc and its so convenient. We just got he new upgrade so we'll see how it does next wk and if there are any glitches but so far I love it.

2. My fave day is Saturday. I know I have a whole day and another (Sunday) to have some "me" time and also be with family. I sometimes work on the wkend a bit but generally not too many hours. I love to get up early in the morning and relax for a few hours, reading and drinking coffee. Or, if the weather is right, head out super early for a morning photo walk with Taz.

3. I generally wing it. I am getting lazy and not wanting to spend hours in the kitchen anymore so I try to create fast meals or something that can go into the crockpot or pressure cooker. I usually take something out of the freezer for that day or maybe two days worth of dinners, but that's about as organized as I get.

4. I am trying to organize as much as I can. I am going to invest in some storage bins to organize clothes for the closet shelves. I recently organized my kitchen cupboards and donated some of the old things we haven't been using. I took 4 small boxes of things to Value Village last week. I still need to go thru the hutches to clean those out but I am feeling good about decluttering and organizing better.

5. We went to see Aladdin last wkend and can't praise it enough. We really loved it. Wonderful actors (love Will Smith) and it was so visually beautiful to watch.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? Grey's Anatomy- watched it every thursday night after kids go to bed (or maybe the next night on the dvr ) since the very beginning!
  2. What is your favorite day of the week? Why? I LOVE mondays- I only work tues/wed... so Mondays are my usual "ME" day- hub goes to work, kids to school & I do chores & can scrap & drink coffee all day or whatever!
  3. Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? During the school year I am better about meal planning than the summer months- or during our super busy sports/activities.
  4. Do you have organized cupboards/closets? For the most part. There are a few drawers & cupboards (our bathroom especially) that I want to tackle this summer... but I love organizing!
  5. What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to?
    I went to Michael Mcdonald with my mom just on Wednesday. I knew like 3 songs maybe! lol! We went to the new Lion King movie last Friday- it was great!
Old 07-26-2019, 05:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? Yes, Supernatural is still on tv, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Blue Blood, Blacklist. Some that had already ended but thanks to Netflix and Hulu that I love to watch are Bones, Person of Interest, Haven, Phineas and Ferb, and a lot more!

What is your favorite day of the week? Why? I think Saturday, because we can go on a road trip, day trip, grocery, the playground and the parks, my husband's here so I could sleep in sometimes.

Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? I plan weekly meals so it would be easy to do the grocery.

Do you have organized cupboards/closets? When it's school days, I could say it's organized because my kid and husband can't see things even when it's in front of them so I try my best to organize the pantry. But during summer time, bah! I organize everything and in the afternoon everything becomes chaotic.

What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to? We will watch The Lion King in a few hours so I will say, that!
Old 07-26-2019, 06:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream?
30Rock, The Office, Scrubs and Parks and Rec are my favorite sitcoms that I will watch over and over again... recently I'm stuck on Greek from like 2007.

What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
Hmm... Thursday, I guess... I try to keep the day free and we don't have to go anywhere.

Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day?
Pretty much wing it. I try to plan out something - but I don't like to know what I'm going to eat each day - I'm weird that way...

Do you have organized cupboards/closets?
Oh, I'm getting there... I've totally jumped on the organizing bug - and follow like four people on youtube for dollar tree organizing or minimal living... I have a looooonnggg way to go, one cupboard at a time.

What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to?
uuhh... my son's recital in June count? haha
Old 07-26-2019, 07:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? My daughter and I still watch Friends together. They aren't new episodes, obviously, but we've watched all seasons repeatedly. LOL!

2. What is your favorite day of the week? Why? Ummm...probably Saturday. No work. I usually save housework for Sundays so we are free to do what we want on Saturdays.

3. Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? We wing it. I'm not even home for dinner most weeknights since I go to the gym right after work. Matt and the kids have usually eaten something by the time I get home.

4. Do you have organized cupboards/closets? Ummmm...no. You don't want to see my cupboards or closet. I do know where everything is though so there is that. Haha!

5. What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to? Concert - Garth Brooks; Movie - the kids and I just saw The Lion King today. So good!

Old 07-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

1. Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? Grey's Anatomy... I still PVR it every week and in fact, I just finished re-watching the whole series on Netflix.

2. What is your favorite day of the week? Why? Probably Sunday or Monday. Sundays we usually spend with friends, especially this time of year, at the local wineries or in one of our back yards poolside. Mondays during the rest of the year because I rarely work on a Monday. Sarah would be at school and I can just relax in my PJs if I want. I don't feel pressure to do chores on Mondays, for whatever reason. lol

3. Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? We don't plan much beyond the usual weekly staples. My husband does most of the cooking and since I work nights, I rarely eat dinner with them.

4. Do you have organized cupboards/closets? My cupboards are "Sleeping With the Enemy" organized. My pantry has all the canned stuff lined up, labels forward... my tupperware is all stacked with matching lids... I'm super anal about it. The rest of my house that looks like a bomb went off, but my cupboards are organized! LOL

5. What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to? We actually just took Sarah to see the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. They performed along with old Bugs Bunny classic cartoons. It was so fun and Sarah (age 8) loved it.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are there any shows you have been watching for many years that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream?
Although I didn't start watching "Grey's Anatomy" until 5 or 6 years ago, I have seen every single episode and continue to watch it during the year. Does that count?

What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
I would usually say Saturday but in a couple weeks it'll be Monday, for sure, as my son will finally be old enough for (all-day) kindergarten so both kids will be at school all day & I will be at home as it's my day off work!

Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day?
I usually go to the store twice a week so I plan meals for the weekend & then for Monday-Wednesday. We eat dinner at my parents' house on Thursday nights so I don't have to cook then.

Do you have organized cupboards/closets?
Everything I have personal responsibility for is organized. Other areas of the house that hold other people's items are less so.

What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to?
My sister & I took my daughter to the new "Aladdin" in May.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? I watch Friends most days lol. I love it

What is your favorite day of the week? Why? The weekend, it's more laid back instead of kids going to school etc

Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? I make a plan for 5 days, buy the stuff then decide on the days what I'm making

Do you have organized cupboards/closets? Nope

What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to? Oh god it's been a LONG time I can't remember for both of them lol.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? - There are plenty that I've been watching from the beginning that are still around now.... I guess one of the oldest (but not THE oldest) would probably be grey's anatomy. I think you can stream it places....not sure.

What is your favorite day of the week? Why? Monday - I know I'm probably alone with this one, but I like routine and Monday is the first moment of relief after the crazy (but fun) adventures of the week-end to 'normal' returns.

Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? I pretty much wing it. I do plan things out when I go shopping, so I know what there is available for meals for the week, but I don't plan them day by day because what I write down today, may not be what I feel like eating tomorrow.

Do you have organized cupboards/closets? - Cupboards and Freezer yes (although I am always having to reorganize them after asking the kids for help with putting groceries away.... the rest of the house....... no way (even though I am an organization 'freak' I just simply cannot get a grasp on everything.

What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to? Honestly, I don't even remember.... I cannot justify the expense of these types of things so they don't happen very often.... it was probably 2016 when we went to the drive in to see World of Warcraft and Secret Life of Pets.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:02 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Hi! I'm new to Sweet Shoppe and thought I'd jump in with some fun answers!

Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream? Anything Star Trek!! I'll gladly binge watch The Original Series or Next Generation! Live Long and Prosper, ya'll!

What is your favorite day of the week? Why? TUESDAY!!! It's my only guaranteed day off every week.

Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day? Wing it - my food choices match my moods and if I plan for pasta, I'll end up wanting steak that day. Go figure ...

Do you have organized cupboards/closets? Um ... well, ... to be honest the only organized thing I have are my digital scrapbook supplies.

What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to? Bohemian Rhapsody. I saw it three times, it was so good!
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 08-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

1. Are there any shows you have been watching for many years, that are still on the air or available somewhere to stream?
Grey's Anatomy... but not sure that still counts as I am season behind... I used to watch it every Thursday... then life got busy and now TV time is DVRed or on Netflix or Amazon Video. My current fave is Outlander.
2. What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
I never used to really have a fave other than the weekend. But this year I started working only Monday-Thursday and now FRIDAY is my fave!!! It's my day. My day to get ahead on chores, do errands, grocery shop, make doctor appoints, watch tv and scrap when I have none of the above to do!! All is quiet! Since kids are at school and hubby at work!
3. Do you plan weekly meals or wing it and decide day to day?
Wing it. I wish I could plan. Once in awhile I try.... it lasts about a week. LOL
4. Do you have organized cupboards/closets?
Some yes. Some no.
5.. What was last concert/play/movie etc that you went to?
There was a concert on the beach in Daytona in May while we were there on vacation. It was a Jimmy Buffet tribute band. Other than that, I really can't remember the last one we went to. I can't even remember the last movie we went to!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow