Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-25-2019, 06:37 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Default I need Help..Please

I have not scrapped much in several years. So I haven't been in any forums in years. But I am Linda...aka hondachicc..aka NANA....if any of you are still around from when I was.

This is a sad situation and I need help. A little girl in our town died 10 days ago, after fighting leukemia for almost a year. Her page on Facebook has grown over that time very much. My daughter works with the Mom, who has been on leave for nearly a year. I reached out to her two weeks before the little girl passed, asked her to send me some photos, that I wanted to make some pages for her to have a book. No one knew she wasn't going to make it at that time. But it took a turn for the worst a week later. Her Mom sent me a lot of photos, and I was just devastated that she passed. That threw me for a loop and I had a hard time concentrating. I need help in finding very sweet family kits. Could you guys help me find some? or any type of kit you may think will be right for this situation. Thank you so much in advance.
Linda

Here is her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176579613254461/
Old 09-25-2019, 08:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My heart breaks for you and this little angels family.

Two summers ago one of my daycare littles passed away suddenly. She was mine everyday for 8-9 hours for 4 and half years... It was rough. At her funeral, her mother thanked me for raising and loving her baby, she called me her other momma. My littles are loved just like they are my own. (and now I'm crying writing this) Anyway, so I know it can be rough to try to scrap those sweet photos, It took me a long time to be able to scrap her photos... but I will say, when I finally started scrapping her photos, and I have thousands, it actually felt good. It became very healing for me.

For the most part, I just matched the kits to the photo theme or colors.

Anyway, there are lots are great kits here at Sweet Shoppe. I will post some of my faves.

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...30&cat=&page=1

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...29&cat=&page=1

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-25-2019, 08:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...25&cat=&page=1

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...28&cat=&page=1

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry about this little one! Prayers for the family! I agree with Stacy, scrap in regards to the colors/theme of the photos you have. If the mom didn't group the photos at all, maybe group them as best you can. I think since it is not your personal photos, maybe do the groups as 2 page layouts. 1 page with a larger focal photo, and then the 2nd page as a more decorative or collage page. Make sure you leave space for journaling from the family/mom. Ask the mom to send you journaling she wants included with each group or theme. This can be done through text or Facebook messenger. I scrap for hire for a Facebook friend. She sends me groups of photos through dropbox, and then the journaling for each group through Facebook messenger. I just copy and paste the journaling. It's in her own words and it covers what she wants said.

If the whole project gets to be too much for you, you could always ask for volunteers who would be able to help out. You could give them a set group of photos along with the journaling, they scrap the page(s) and get them back to you. I have done this before at MouseScrappers when we scrapped for Make a Wish families.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post

If the whole project gets to be too much for you, you could always ask for volunteers who would be able to help out. You could give them a set group of photos along with the journaling, they scrap the page(s) and get them back to you. I have done this before at MouseScrappers when we scrapped for Make a Wish families.
I did this once myself. And I'm happy to help again and scrap a page.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad you're scrapping again, Linda. But, what a hard project to start back with.

Those are great recommendations, Stacy!
Old 09-26-2019, 01:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a terribly sad thing to have to go through. I'm very sorry for everyone who loved her!

Stacy gave you some really great suggestions. Blagovesta also has a cancer kit but it's geared towards triumph rather than loss. I wanted to mention it though in case you were looking for some of the pieces like the awareness ribbons.

https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/s...03&cat=&page=1

If you end up deciding to have others help you I'd be willing to scrap some pages as well!(not for hire of course, free - just to help out). Good luck with your book and I hope that doing this beautiful act of love for her family helps your own heart heal some too!
Old 09-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry. Losing a loved one is never easy and when it's a child? That is the worst. I'm so thankful you are helping her family with a tangible way to keep the memories alive. I've helped with two albums so if you end up needing help, let me know like the others have offered. You are an amazing person to offer help. Know that my prayers are with her family.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Last edited by Leablahblah; 09-26-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Oh ladies you are all wonderful. I was having such a hard time finding things..I just knew everyone else would be able to find something that would work. I love all these kits. You are all so kind to offer to help. I will reach out to you. She is going to be sending me more photos and giving me some background on them. This will be a several month project. But I will pm you when I get to that point. They are working on a celebration of life for her now that will be in a week. It's going to be a whole day event and held at the triple A baseball stadium here in town. So I think they are trying to get that done before moving on.

I did find some stuff that fit two tribute pages to Rowan. One is items I found here and the other is items from another store. I post in gallery tomorrow
Old 09-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear about her passing. I'm able to scrap a few pages, too.