Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Calendar printing help?

I usually use the 8 1/2 x 11 calendar toppers from Cindy and have the calendars printed at Costco, with fairly generic white bottoms, for about $10 and give them to family at Christmas. This year, I have the bottoms and the toppers and thought of making the whole two-page set, but wasn't sure where to look to get them printed. Anyone done this before? And could you tell me how it turned out and what I should expect to pay?

Thanks for any input!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am trying Cindy's 81/2 x 11 full page ones this year for the first time ... when you printed yours before how did you put them together? Did you get them coil bound or anything?

I have no advice for this year for you but I would love to hear other's help. In the past I have only done the CD Calendars so this is new for me as well
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used Cindy's tops and bottoms last year and got them printed at MyPicTales. They do customized bottoms. I got three and I think it was about $50 including shipping and I used a code. The turnaround was pretty fast and the calendars turned out great. You do have to manuver the bottoms a bit but not too shabby.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I am trying Cindy's 81/2 x 11 full page ones this year for the first time ... when you printed yours before how did you put them together? Did you get them coil bound or anything?

I have no advice for this year for you but I would love to hear other's help. In the past I have only done the CD Calendars so this is new for me as well
The ones from Costco were coil bound and they had plain white bottoms with the calendar grids printed on them - but you could 'customize' those as well - as far as writing in text on certain dates, etc. They always turned out very well for the price, but just wanted to try to do the bottoms. I'm not sure if they can take the 8 1/2 x 11 that has both and coil them!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have used overnightprints.com but I'm not sure I would recommend them at this point. I ordered mine early (last month) and got them back quickly. But, last year I ordered around this time and they barely made it here by Christmas. I know others have had issues, too.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have used overnightprints.com (last year, and it was actually really quick but I can't remember when I ordered...I'm thinking it wasn't real early because I am a major procrastinator!), and artscow.com both which offer really easy customized bottom grids. I would definitely NOT recommend artscow for SURE if you are wanting them quickly. I had a TERRIBLE experience the year before last with them, took SOOOO long to get to me!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I did a lot of research on this last week and found mixed to negative results on overnightprints and artscow, checked into kinkos which were too expensive and everywhere else I looked didn't have customizeable bottoms. In the end, I went with Shutterfly with a 40% coupon. They arrived two days later and look perfect.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I got $40 in Shutterfly from school photos so this year I'm trying Shutterfly. Sorry, no help in the bottom and top customizing. I'd love to know for next year though!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've used overnightprints.com the last 2 years. (they have a sale on calendars right now) But delivery is scary because sometimes it takes a while. The quality is amazing though. And they always send more calendars than you order.

This year, IF I do a calendar, I'm just taking the files to Staples and having them print it and bind it. There will be a white border on the pages, but I decided, I don't care. It's a trade-off to have that and the quick and local pick-up.

I've been begging Persnickety Prints to get this option for us. Maybe next year.

There have been a few threads started on this recently - you might do a search and get more info.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I was coming here to ask about calendar printing so thanks to everyone for the answers. I guess I will try MyPicTales. I am making my calendars with Cindy's & Penny's 2013 calendars and I want my custom bottoms too.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

In the past, I have printed mine at Office Depot. They usually go for around $10 each. They look great, but they can't drill a hole in it making it difficult to hang. This year, I have gone with VistaPrint (online) but they are generic bottoms. I LOVE the Melissa & Cindy's predone bottoms, so I was a little sad to let those go, but with VistaPrint, they include all major holidays and you can add your own events to the grids. Saved me quite bit of time, and they were around $8 per calendar. (I do my Christmas cards with them too!)
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just looking at this thread earlier this morning! I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do calendar bottoms or not. I'd love to, but at this point I have four tops done and three bottoms. It would take a lot less time to just do the tops...

I'm either going to print at Persnickety Prints if I don't make the bottoms, or MyPicTales if I do. I haven't had calendars printed before so I don't have experience with either of them. Persnickety Prints always has great quality and attention to detail, though, so they'll definitely be my go-to place if I don't make the bottoms. Hopefully next year they'll be able to print the bottoms, too. I know they're working on it. They could do it now, but their ordering software doesn't have that option .
Old 11-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also have a coupon from Shutterfly from school prints and am in the process of making on there. I have gotten a couple of things from them before and been pretty happy. I think they are about $20?

Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
I did a lot of research on this last week and found mixed to negative results on overnightprints and artscow, checked into kinkos which were too expensive and everywhere else I looked didn't have customizeable bottoms. In the end, I went with Shutterfly with a 40% coupon. They arrived two days later and look perfect.
I've been using Shutterfly for calendars for years, and my experience has always been like this. But in the past their calendar sale has lasted a lot longer; I'm hoping there's a discount when I'm ready to print. I'll be printing 7 or 8 again this year, so if not I may have to try someplace else.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've about decided to print my own this year and then take them to Staples for binding instead of having them print them. I checked out MPT and they are out of my price range and I've waited too late for Overnightprints (and darnit, their price and quality is so good!) and quality is iffy for Artscow. I think those are the only 3 options for customized bottoms. And I'm bound and determined to use those bottoms!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used Cindy's calendar toppers last year and decided against using the customized bottoms...I got mine printed at vista print and they were awesome!! I am going to use them again this year as the calendars were a huge hit with our family For 5 calendars, including shipping, it will cost less than 45 dollars.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I did Vistaprint for my mom's calendar when I ordered christmas cards. I haven't ordered my calendar yet. Since it's just for me, I might look at overnight prints. Hmmm.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscwgirl View Post
I did Vistaprint for my mom's calendar when I ordered christmas cards. I haven't ordered my calendar yet. Since it's just for me, I might look at overnight prints. Hmmm.
If you don't mind waiting, you should definitely do overnightprints - the quality is very nice. And who knows, this is their 3rd year of printing calendars, maybe they've gotten quicker at it.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used Viovio the past few years as they do allow you to upload customized bottom grids. They turned out fantastic everytime and I've always been pleased with them. I've done 10x10 photobooks with scrap layouts with them too.

But since we've moving from our temporary apartment into our new home next week and I'm interviewing for a teaching job, I've not got much time, TONS on my plate and skipping the bottoms would save some time. Plus I'm not sure I can pass up Shutterfly's 40% off right now...

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!