Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default I'm gonna be in trouble!

Everything in the DSD peek thread is looking pretty amazing! I know I already want several products. Since I have been off work a month, it is a good thing I had a decent month at my ACOT store. That money will likely go straight back into the digi community. LOL

How do you do DSD shopping? Do you have a budget? Do you check out specific stores (besides here... everyone I know checks here!)? Do you look for 'door buster' sales? I love a good $1 sale so I always check out those if I know the store has quality designers. Beyond that, I don't have a plan.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have about $30 to spend so I'll have to choose what I want carefully. If my middle boy wasn't 9 in a few weeks I'd have more to spend. Damn birthdays LOL!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't be able to buy anything. I'm just wishlisting for when I have money

Old 10-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My monthly digiscrapping budget is the same as usual ($30), so I have to decide how much to spend now vs. saving for Black Friday. It never goes as far as I want it to, and they don't sell what I really need (more time to scrap). I have 2 stores I shop at regularly plus a few others that I check out during the big sales. Right now I'm most interested in Project Life stuff, so I'll just have to see what's released where and how much I want whatever FWPs they're offering.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I've been compiling a list of things I like from different placed but I won't do any shopping until I shop here first.

I don't really set a budget for myself. One of the credit cards I have allows me to cash in points for money to be deposited into my PayPal account. I just did that this week (planning and paying a Disney trip really let's you accumulate points fast!) so I have $50 in PayPal to spend. I'm sure I'll go over that, though. This is a fun weekend for me and one of the only times I don't hold myself back - especially with Christmas kits. I was looking at my invoices from last year. I bought 11 Christmas kits here. Based on the previews I've been seeing, I think I might top that this year. *LOL* Good thing we're going to Disney in less than two weeks and going to one of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties so I'll lots of holiday themed photos to scrap.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I rarely look in any other shops anymore - only here. I already have more stuff than I can ever use and if I looked elsewhere I'd no doubt be tempted to buy even more. Now I tend to only buy during big sales and when I get my 30% or 40% Sweet Rewards coupons - I don't have a super-strict budget. I figure if I only shop during a big sale its OK to splurge a little .

The exception is Traci's Pocket Life series this year - I've been buying that every month. I kind of ignore that when I think about how much I spend - it's like a sunk cost, I've got to have it!!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
I have about $30 to spend so I'll have to choose what I want carefully. If my middle boy wasn't 9 in a few weeks I'd have more to spend. Damn birthdays LOL!!!
I hear you! My son will be 9 a week from tomorrow. His birthday gifts have been here for a while but still not sure what we are doing about a party for him.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I'm not a sugarbabe, I'd be spending more than I could even afford here! I used to spend most of my scrapping budget here than any other shops. I'd sift thru my wishlist on Pinterest and go from there.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

sadly i whas sick for 2 weeks so i have not much to spend i enjoy my dsd with playing games make my whishlist for next month and choose 3 bundles or so for know to scrap
Old 11-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I don't be able to buy anything. I'm just wishlisting for when I have money
Me too Adi! Unfortunately I haven't had the money either DSD even this year

Old 11-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I can't really afford to buy anything either. Too bad when the new releases are soooooo amazing!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Don't worry there will be a sale for Black Friday as well.