Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default And so it begins

Skyker and Kolten have found their venue of choice and today we attend our first bridal expo. Wish me luck her taste are so different from mine but after being railroaded out of what I wanted for my own wedding by my MIL I keep telling myself this is not your wedding over and over. I really want it to be what she wants as I know how badly it hurts to have not followed through with my own wishes for my special day. I can at least say the groom was and still is my best (and only) choice that day. I’m excited for this next chapter of her life and can’t wait to scrapbook it all!
Old 03-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting! Have fun with her today! Sounds like you’ve got a good perspective about your role in this.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That is so exciting!!!! I can't wait to see all the photos and layouts that you scrap of this journey towards marriage!! You are a great mother/MIL to be by not trying to control the wedding!!
Old 03-01-2020, 01:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Wishing you luck!!! Enjoy this special time.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's so exciting, Ella!! I'm glad that you are aware, and not taking over. That is a huge blessing for them. When is the wedding?
Old 03-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting! I'm sorry your wedding day wasn't what you wanted, but it sounds like it helped shape a really good attitude about their wedding.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That is so exciting !!! All the wedding planning is almost as much fun as the wedding itself I know you'll be able to support her and I bet her wedding is going to be gorgeous. So sorry to hear your MIL took over and you did not have the wedding you wanted. My BIL & his partner are busy planning their wedding (August 22nd, 2020) and oh my, it's so much drama with her family. I feel bad for her that her sisters & mother can't just be happy for her and let her have the wedding she wants.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting! Best of luck on the journey to wedding planning.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

How exciting! I'm sure it's really hard to step back and let things go, but good for you for having that perspective. I'm sorry your wedding wasn't all that you wanted it to be.. but it sounds like it you've certainly had a successful marriage!

Old 03-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How fun and exciting all at the same time! As the mom of 4 girls, I remind myself of this for their future! To not try to put in my suggestions, unless they specifically ask for them! My girls are all 100% different, and I know that some of their tastes will not be what I would have chosen. But I have to remember, I planned my own wedding, when it's their time...I need to step back and let them have that experience! I hope she will find ways to let you help, and that you will find ways to let her go! ((HUGS))

*Oh, and I never knew your daughter's name! I've seen photos of her in your layouts, but never knew her name! It's a pretty name!*
Old 03-01-2020, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That's so exciting, Ella!! I'm glad that you are aware, and not taking over. That is a huge blessing for them. When is the wedding?
June 12. 2021
Old 03-01-2020, 06:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh that is sooo exciting! Congrats to the couple!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 03-01-2020, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you everyone, it’s already so fun and exciting looking at options. She won an engagement photo package in a raffle they had today it was awesome!
Old 03-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Speaking from the mother of the bride already; yes you need to let her plan but you can suggest options/things to keep them on budget. I was so happy that my daughter realized the house they had bought was more important than just that one day.

Budget is so important but so is letting her plan as much as she can while staying in budget.

Nobody will remember if she had $300 shoes or if the decorations was to the max but people will remember the food/cake.

Enjoy the planning and most of all enjoy the special day.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Exciting times! And how fun to win a photo session! Maybe your MIL didn't get a say in much about her own wedding & had been looking forward to planning yours ever since...kudos to you for breaking the cycle!
I had my mom & my aunt giving input on my wedding, but either we were all pretty flexible or I've blocked it from my memory A couple portions of my reception were, however, led off-course by the DJ and, 15 years later, I'm still irritated by that!
Old 03-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How exciting! Do they have a date yet? She's blessed to have a Mom that will put the bride first!

My oldest got engaged in May and they don't have a date yet. Sigh. The bride does not want to plan the wedding until she finishes grad school in May. But it's killing us!!! LOL I keep telling myself to keep my mouth closed! Parenting adults: after being parent for 23 years, learning to NOT tell them what to do anymore!
Old 03-02-2020, 01:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
How exciting! Do they have a date yet? She's blessed to have a Mom that will put the bride first!

My oldest got engaged in May and they don't have a date yet. Sigh. The bride does not want to plan the wedding until she finishes grad school in May. But it's killing us!!! LOL I keep telling myself to keep my mouth closed! Parenting adults: after being parent for 23 years, learning to NOT tell them what to do anymore!
It is really an important thing to remember with adult kids... They Are adults, Not kids... Even though sometimes they act like they are!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2020, 01:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How exciting, Ella! I can't wait to see your gorgeous pages of the adventure!

Old 03-02-2020, 03:17 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh the fun is starting!!! I loved helping my son and his wife do theirs. She wanted to make most of the decorations and we had so much fun working together and I really got to know her more.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:57 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow, that's so exciting! Congratulations.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Enjoy the process! You'll definitely be in charge of scrapping it all, right? I had to disappoint my MIL by having a small wedding with just the immediate family and not the 500+ guest event that was my SIL's. I never regretted having the wedding that suited me, and your daughter will appreciate that she is getting hers. You sound like a great mom!
Old 03-02-2020, 08:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you everyone, her colors will be beautiful hunter green dresses for the girls and she wants greenery more then flowers in her bouquets (just a touch of white added) I’m all about a small intimate wedding, they are having 300+ guest in a large venue. I get to do her flowers as I was a florist for years it’s something I always dreamed of doing for her. I’m so very excited about her asking me if I would! I’m one for more color and clusters of flowers she just wants them simple and flowing. It will still be a stunning wedding just not my style of stunning wedding. It has already been so fun going to check things out with her even as a silent addition to the planning team.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Bennett View Post
Oh the fun is starting!!! I loved helping my son and his wife do theirs. She wanted to make most of the decorations and we had so much fun working together and I really got to know her more.
Melissa you are very crafty and talented I would have asked for your help too had I been her. I’m so happy it was a fun bonding experience for you both!
Old 03-02-2020, 08:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post

How exciting! Enjoy every moment of it, these beautiful moments seem to flutter by so fast.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
That is so exciting !!! All the wedding planning is almost as much fun as the wedding itself I know you'll be able to support her and I bet her wedding is going to be gorgeous. So sorry to hear your MIL took over and you did not have the wedding you wanted. My BIL & his partner are busy planning their wedding (August 22nd, 2020) and oh my, it's so much drama with her family. I feel bad for her that her sisters & mother can't just be happy for her and let her have the wedding she wants.
I know the feeling, it sucks the joy from your day and you are just exhausted and happy to see it over. Hugs to her it’s a tough position to be in.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congratulation to your daughter! I feel sad for you that your wedding was not what you wanted. I got married when I was older, so my DH and I paid for our wedding, and it was what we both wanted. So wonderful that you can do her flowers, which, in my book, are a big thing! It will be great to see your layouts!
Old 03-02-2020, 12:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

awww even if it isn't what you want her true smile will be soo worth it to see that she is happy with the wedding she wants! <3 My biggest regret with my wedding was worrying about making everyone else happy.. if I were to do it again i'd just run off and elope LOL
Old 03-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How happy!
Old 03-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
Congratulation to your daughter! I feel sad for you that your wedding was not what you wanted. I got married when I was older, so my DH and I paid for our wedding, and it was what we both wanted. So wonderful that you can do her flowers, which, in my book, are a big thing! It will be great to see your layouts!
We paid for ours too, which made it even more frustrating, I have conflict issues and cave easily when confronted. Well I use too I have learned to stand up for myself.