Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2022, 08:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default What are you watching?

Personally I am a sucker for crime shows, true crime, fantasy and scifi.

At the moment I am binge watching Manifest. I am really wondering where it is leading. Alien intervention, government conspiracy, ancient curse???

What are you watching?
Old 01-31-2022, 09:15 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I've heard Manifest is good, but I haven't watched it. Guess it's time to added to my queue!

Currently DD and I are watching The Umbrella Academy. I tried watching a year ago (maybe more???) but lost interest. Watching it with her is more enjoyable. We can talk about what we think is going on. When one's teen wants to spend time with one, it's always good to say Yes, so when she said "Want to watch this?" how could I say No?

I'm rewatching Castle while scrapping. It's nice to have something on that I've already seen, so that I can pay more attention to what I'm scapping than to the show.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished Hawkeye on Disney+ and am caught up so far with the Book of Boba Fett. I think next on my list will be Ted Lasso on AppleTV.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Sara I also watched the Umbrella Academy. In the beginning I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of characters presented all at once, but one of the The Umbrella Academy's many strengths is that it understands the importance of a good montage. Plus the acting is really good. Me and hubby really enjoyed season 1 and 2. Looking forward to season 3. I hear it's coming in 2022.

And Jennifer we totally binge watched Hawkeye in one weekend. I love that it is a little different from the Marvel films and that made it also really fun to watch. It started good, got better and better and finished with a pretty awesome finale. Some of the supporting characters steal the show. I love the role of Hailey Steinfeld. I'm eager to see what comes next.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am huge crime, murder mystery watcher...
we are watching Castle Rock on Hulu (based on a book by Stephen King)
Archive 81 on Netflix
Hubby and I have also watching Harlen Coben's shows: The Innocent, Stay Close Safe, and Stranger
Then on Prime we have watched Bosch
Old 01-31-2022, 11:10 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Archive 81 is next on our list. I heard it is awesome and mixes different genres. Sounds really promissing. I am also curious about the new Dexter series. Has anyone watched that one?

And how's castle rock Kimberly? I saw a trailer and it seemed more horror then thriller to me. It's why I ignored it up til now. I am not really a fan of the horror and/or zombie genre.
The Harlen Coben shows are on our too watch list too

So much to watch so little time....
Old 01-31-2022, 11:24 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my teenager and I just started watching the show "superstore" not at all in any of those genres but we were after something just funny and we both are really liking it. good to laugh sometimes
Old 01-31-2022, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Lucas and I just started watching the show "superstore" not at all in any of those genres but we were after something just funny and we both are really liking it. good to laugh sometimes
That has a great cast! I haven't watched it regularly, but the ones I've caught were funny!
Old 01-31-2022, 11:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

You got me curious. I do love a good laugh. Will check this out! Thanks for bringing this up
Old 01-31-2022, 12:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We started watching Manifest, but then when we had to switch over to watching what wasn't already on Netflix we got distracted and haven't finished. I really need to go back and finish that one because I need to know where it was leading too! Ha ha!

Hubby and I are going back and finally finishing Son of Anarchy right now too. We had watched through season 4 and got distracted and didn't finish that one either. I'm sensing a them for us.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a youtube junkie... that is what I watch the most, haha. As for TVs shows my guilty pleasures is 90 Day Fiancé (watch this franchise with my hubby), Sister Wives, Real Housewives, etc. Otherwise, I seem to stick to funny stuff... Brooklyn nine-nine, 30 Rock, Goldbergs, etc.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My hubby & I just finished watching Burn Notice and we just started Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles. I've watched it before but it has been 10+ years, so we're rewatching. I'm enjoying it but my dh fell asleep in the last episode LOL Not sure if he is going to be able to hang with me. We struggle finding things we both like to watch - he is loving Life Below Zero on Disneyplus right now (which I don't really enjoy). To each their own =)

Last edited by stephc777; 01-31-2022 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:50 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I'm a youtube junkie... that is what I watch the most, haha. As for TVs shows my guilty pleasures is 90 Day Fiancé (watch this franchise with my hubby), Sister Wives, Real Housewives, etc. Otherwise, I seem to stick to funny stuff... Brooklyn nine-nine, 30 Rock, Goldbergs, etc.
Sister Wives has been something else this season!

I don't have any streaming service just cable so I don't binge anything. My TV watching includes Amazing Race, The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise, Survivor, Joe Millionaire. Sometimes Big Brother depending on the cast. And, going to check out the Dirty Dancing show that starts on Fox tomorrow, it is only on for 4 weeks so just a nice little interlude show.

In other words, I like reality shows that have a starting point and an ending point with entirely new casts each season.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well, the littles andI are hooked on Encanto.... and Bluey.

For me and hubby, We are currently enjoying Yellowstone, Ozarks, but I also watch NCIS, This is Us, SVU, Outlander, Sweet Magnolias, Outerbanks, Virgin River.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-31-2022, 01:40 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I love crime shows, too! I have Archive 81 on my list to watch. We really needed something feel good and lovely to watch recently, though, so we binged the new season of Queer Eye (so good) on Netflix and we're going to start watching Jonathan Van Ness' new show Getting Curious tonight. I think he is just the sweetest thing.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:57 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Am I the only one owning up to binge-watching Riverdale??? That show is so outrageously unreal and they pull it off. I just love it (I'm also a big Archie fan, even though they practically have nothing to do with each other, except for the characters' names and general setup).
Old 01-31-2022, 03:28 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So... I love true crime shows and reality too, but have been SUUUUUPER into podcasts lately. My girls got me started diamond painting at christmas, so it's been really fun to just diamond away and listen to podcasts. Since my eyes have to focus on what I am doing, I can still listen without having to look.

I too have watched Sister Wives and this season has been insane especially considering what we've seen for 16 seasons. It really has all fallen apart for them. I've also watched Alaskan Killer Bigfoot on Discovery+ recently, and that started out pretty interesting, but I nope'd out on the final episode when they had guests who wanted to exorcize him saying bigfoot was a demon. Too weird.

Archive 81 is good too. Havent finished it, but enjoyed what I've seen so far.

Silly, but Em and I also love Ink Master and just finished binging all of the seasons of that and before that, we binged all of Making the Team with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. We're goofy and keep it light in my house haha
Old 01-31-2022, 03:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love true crime and 'murdery' shows as my son puts it.

I will admit to being hooked on Naked & Afraid and Naked & Afraid XL. There is no way would you get me to live like that, eat bugs or no food at all, never mind the whole being naked part, lol. I have also watched all seasons of Alone. I guess that means I like the survivalist type shows (not Bear Gryllis though).

Flea Market Flip I just finished all the seasons and am currently working my way through season 5 of Building Off the Grid.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've been rewatching the old ER series, which is great. I also just finished the original SATC so I could watch the new one, And Just Like That. Love SATC... the new one is just meh for me. I feel like they're too concerned with ticking all the boxes and being politically correct.

I also recently finished Yellowstone and want to start on 1183 next.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Manifest is really good..... a mind bender for sure. I think I read somewhere its getting another season (after it was said to have ended), so I am looking forward to that.

We have been picking away at ER for months....every now and then we choose an old show to rewatch and it got the luck of the draw this past fall. We are very close to finishing, which seems crazy considering how many seasons and we do take pauses to watch other stuff.

There have been so many shows that only had 1 or 2 seasons that we watched.... I can't remember them all..... Locke and Key was really good, we are currently watching a Discovery of Witches, Magical type shows seem to be the ones we both can agree on. lol
Old 01-31-2022, 07:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We're almost finished with Yellowstone!! We're dragging out the final 2 or 3 episodes - my DD said they finished last night and it's like parting with family. LOL

Manifest is amazing, BTW!! We watched it when it was originally on. Designated Survivor is another one for anybody who didn't catch it when it was on network TV.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
Am I the only one owning up to binge-watching Riverdale??? That show is so outrageously unreal and they pull it off. I just love it (I'm also a big Archie fan, even though they practically have nothing to do with each other, except for the characters' names and general setup).
I will admit to liking teenage soap operas, including Riverdale. I wanted the first two seasons as they came out, but then I realized I just didn't care anymore, lol. In that genre, I also enjoyed Reign, a fictionalized story of Mary Queen of Scots.

I try not to watch during the school year, unless it's on a break, because of my inability to accomplish things while I'm in the middle of a show. I think the last thing I watched was Hawkeye, and I was just kind of meh about it.

I did really love Ted Lasso and can't wait for the new season to come out this summer.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love true crime too, but I have been watching a lot of netflix lately. Loved Manifest and hope there is another season coming.

Anne with an E is my favorite right now. I've watched all three seasons, and am bummed that there are only three seasons, so I am re-watching it. Anne of Green Gables is my home girl. (I know that is nerdy to say and it is probably nerdy that she is, but she is. LOL)
Old 02-01-2022, 05:42 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
I love crime shows, too! I have Archive 81 on my list to watch. We really needed something feel good and lovely to watch recently, though, so we binged the new season of Queer Eye (so good) on Netflix and we're going to start watching Jonathan Van Ness' new show Getting Curious tonight. I think he is just the sweetest thing.
OMG Jenny I love Queer Eye too!!! That is such a feel good show!!

And thanks everyone for the many many many new ideas...my to watch list is ever growing.

And now that I come to think of it I also loooooooved Chicago fire, med and police!!!
Old 02-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I love true crime too, but I have been watching a lot of netflix lately. Loved Manifest and hope there is another season coming.

Anne with an E is my favorite right now. I've watched all three seasons, and am bummed that there are only three seasons, so I am re-watching it. Anne of Green Gables is my home girl. (I know that is nerdy to say and it is probably nerdy that she is, but she is. LOL)
I loved Anne with an E.... not as mush as I love the Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows...lol... That is my all time favorite... I have read the series several times and watched probably 100s of times!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-01-2022, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Archive 81 is scaring the pants off me. ��
I’m also watching All Creatures great and Small on PBS - really good and sweet
Hubby and I are watching the Righteous Gemstones and Succession.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yeah is Archive 81 scarry Dawn? Hubby wants to see it...
Old 02-01-2022, 11:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
my teenager and I just started watching the show "superstore" not at all in any of those genres but we were after something just funny and we both are really liking it. good to laugh sometimes
Oh man you will love it. I LOVE that show!!!

Old 02-01-2022, 11:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Currently hubby and I are watching Book of Boba Fett.
We're also binging Psych again. We love that show!!!! It's so funny.

Solo binges for me include: The Goldbergs, Black-ish, Grown-ish, Abbott Elementary, the (new) Wonder Years, And Just Like That (Sex & The City spinoff on HBO Max)

Old 02-01-2022, 11:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We’ve been watching worst cooks in America, Guy’s chance of a lifetime, and binge watching burden of truth. I need to go watch the last season of manifest too.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm currently watching Versailles and the latest season of The Walking Dead. I'm also watching Gilded Age (HBO), All Creatures Great and Small (PBS), and Discovery of Witches as they air each week.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 02-01-2022, 01:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we finished up dexter new blood and yellowstone and have just been watching catfish lmao

Old 02-01-2022, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjam View Post
Yeah is Archive 81 scarry Dawn? Hubby wants to see it...
I was expecting more "mystery" but it is definitely more "horror" but with a mystery thrown in. I'd say it gets less scary as you go along as you figure things out but there's definitely quite a few jump scares and freaky sh*t going down.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:46 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

We just started Yellowstone and probably 1/2 way through the first season. We'll pause since the Olympics are starting...we'll be glued to that for the next couple weeks.

Adding Archive 81 to my list! Looks so good!
Old 02-01-2022, 02:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I was expecting more "mystery" but it is definitely more "horror" but with a mystery thrown in. I'd say it gets less scary as you go along as you figure things out but there's definitely quite a few jump scares and freaky sh*t going down.
Oh yikes I am not good with these jump scares. Once I tried to back away and seriously hit my head against the wall behind the couch. I had a bump and hubby couldn't stop laughing....but I guess I will give it a go. Maybe I can lend a helmet from the kid next door...LOL

Kiana the Book of Boba Fett is also on our to watch list. We are waiting til all episodes are on so we van binge watch it in one weekend
Old 02-01-2022, 02:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just finished the Ozarks and am going back to Call the Midwife.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:07 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, I am not a TV person! Instead, I enjoy listening to books. Right now, I'm reading The Wheel of Time, by Robert Jordan. I started reading this series back in the late 80s, and then stopped for some reason or another. The narrators of the books are excellent and I'm enjoying them immensely!

AND, I can listen while I scrap.
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 02-01-2022, 09:23 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I just finished an old British comedy called Black Books. It was the first comedy in a long time that had me laughing out loud for almost the whole show each episode. It's on Acorn TV and I totally recommend it!
Old 02-02-2022, 04:36 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am watching Manifest during study breaks, The Walking Dead season 9 on the treadmill, King of the Hill with my husband, Lost in Space with my family, and My 600 pound life on my own when at home.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaMom96 View Post
Honestly, I am not a TV person! Instead, I enjoy listening to books. Right now, I'm reading The Wheel of Time, by Robert Jordan. I started reading this series back in the late 80s, and then stopped for some reason or another. The narrators of the books are excellent and I'm enjoying them immensely!

Me too! I watch some TV but I like that i can multitask more when I "read" by audiobook! I finished 106 books last year which is way more than I would have read in hard copy.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaMom96 View Post

I listen to audiobooks while I drive. I have an hour commute to work and back so that's lots of good listening time (but thankfully only twice a week!) Any time I'm in the car alone I'm listening. I love it!
Old 02-02-2022, 08:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm a huge fan of murder mystery as well. Although I read a lot of detective books, I also enjoy watching and listening to podcast. I'm currently re-watching The X Files, watching Bailey Sarian's weekly youtube videos, listening to Ashley Flowers' Crime Junkie and Supernatural podcast.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I loved Manifest, although it definitely got a bit weird lol.

Mostly I watch things I've already seen when I'm scrapping so that I don't have to pay super close attention. Some favorites include er, 24, and Friday Night Lights.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:23 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Ohhh, "Manifest"! We binge watched it during the first year of Covid, and I'm so excited that it got picked up again and we will have another season soon!!!

Right now we are watching "New Girl" and "Leverage Redemption".

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Molly you got me all curious about Black Books. I love British comedy aswell. On my to watch list!

I love to watch TV because I am almost always doing a bit of crocheting or knitting at the same time. Somehow I need to watch something when I knit/crochet. It feels weird to sit on the couch and just knit....
I am weird.. I realize it when I am writing this down.

Last edited by mirjam; 02-04-2022 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Well Mirjam better knit than eat (like me)
Some of my favorites ever are My brilliant friend and The handmaid's tale - really good. Watching on HBO GO.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:44 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjam View Post
Somehow I need to watch something when I knit/crochet. It feels weird to sit on the couch and just knit....
I am weird.. I realize it when I am writing this down.
Then I am weird too. I haven't had time to knit in a while, but if I do, I always have something playing on the TV. Usually something that I can listen to more than just watch.

Old 02-03-2022, 11:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
Then I am weird too. I haven't had time to knit in a while, but if I do, I always have something playing on the TV. Usually something that I can listen to more than just watch.
EXACTLY!!!! that's me too. I thinks it's how I learned a a few words of swedish by 'watching' scandinavian series on Netflix while crocheting....
Old 02-03-2022, 11:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love true crime ... and on the flip side, I like series like Virgin River or Sweet Magnolias.
Just started watching Yellowstone, but having a hard time getting into it.
I'll be watching the Olympics every chance I have over the next few weeks.
I watch TV while I scrap ... scrapping on a 27" monitor and watching shows on a laptop ... sounds backwards to most folks but makes sense to me as a scrapper! LOL!
Old 02-03-2022, 02:59 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I love watching Masterchef (Aus or US)and other similar sort of reality shows. At the moment our netflix isn't working so I am rewatching old seasons of Survivor.

Also loved watching Virgin River and Heartland.
Watched the whole of Mary Queen of Scotts on Netflix during 2020 and then start The Crown but gave up.

Last edited by CathQuillScrap; 02-03-2022 at 04:07 PM.