Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy Problem opening things in PSE

In the kit 'Fullness of Life', I am not able to open up these items:

chicken wire
doodle flowers 2,3,4,5, and 6
embroidery hoop 1 and 2
floral sticker 2

I had this problem not too long ago. I just went without it at the time and finishe my layout anyway. So now, I'm having the same issue with Meghan Mullens contribution to 'You Are My Happy'. I can open some of them, but not all of them. Here are the ones I can't open:

butterfly
button (teal)
button (pink)
flower (yellow)
flower 2
ribbon (green)

If anyone can help me out, I would sure appreciate it. I guess from now on, when I buy anything, I need to make sure it will open up in photoshop.
This is how it goes when I try to open something in photoshop:
I click on the element, once it is highlighted, I move over to the upper left hand corner to click on 'open'>Adobe Photoshop Elements 10. My monitor then takes me back to my PSE 10 as if the element I want is going to appear, but it doesn't. I have no idea why this happens.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Everything should open correctly in Photoshop. My guess is that there is something else going on...LOL...so specific. Have you tried opening the files from PS10 instead? From what I read, you are opening via explorer, right? I know there are times when I try opening a file from the folder vs. using PS, it doesn't work.

Penny
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, this doesnt sound like anything is wrong with the files to me. All of our files are very generic .jpg and .png files which should open in any photoediting program.

Make sure your files have downloaded completely and unzip the folder. When you have the unzipped folder ready to go, open Photoshop Elements. From the File menu in PSE, choose the Open File option from the drop down menu and navigate to the unzipped folder which has the kit/items you want to use in it. Select your file from the images shown and click ok. The file should open in PSE.

Let us know if this works!

Robin
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Does dragging and dropping into PSE work? I don't use PSE, but I know for PS, I just open PS, open my folder with the kit in it, and drag what I want to use onto PS - to me it's much easier than using the menu system.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
Does dragging and dropping into PSE work? I don't use PSE, but I know for PS, I just open PS, open my folder with the kit in it, and drag what I want to use onto PS - to me it's much easier than using the menu system.
I have never done that. I wasn't aware that you could. I guess I could go back and give it a try.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

You can also right click on the element you want to open and open it with PSE. (at least you can on a mac...)
Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like maybe it's not wanting to open .png files into PSE the way you're doing it. I almost always open files within PSE. Just go to file>open and find the files you want to open. I'm thinking maybe .png files got associated with another program and that's what's messing it up how you're doing it.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
hee hee... this is what I was going to mention... I used PSE and this is the way I do it.

A couple of other things I thought of... is your hard drive full? Also how is your RAM situation? I've had it with some computers that something is getting it dragged down (in my case it was a virus) and things were not opening correctly or PSE would lock up on me... if this is all good... then I'd recommend re-installing PSE... maybe that would help?

Good luck - I know it can be frustrating.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Yeah, this doesnt sound like anything is wrong with the files to me. All of our files are very generic .jpg and .png files which should open in any photoediting program.

Make sure your files have downloaded completely and unzip the folder. When you have the unzipped folder ready to go, open Photoshop Elements. From the File menu in PSE, choose the Open File option from the drop down menu and navigate to the unzipped folder which has the kit/items you want to use in it. Select your file from the images shown and click ok. The file should open in PSE.

Let us know if this works!

Robin
Well,...Thanks a bunch, Robin! It worked! I have always clicked on computer>EHD> until I get to my destination. Maybe it's best I go this way. I'm learning something new all the time. So many people here at SSD are such a big help when I'm in trouble and need advice! Thanks, everybody! I'm happy now! LOL!