Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 01-15-2018, 03:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: What simple change in your life would have the biggest impact? (01/15)

What simple change in your life would have the biggest impact?

Old 01-15-2018, 03:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

honestly a job would make the biggest impact - less reliance on government benefits, more routine, better mental and physical health, able to move out of home permanently

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-15-2018, 05:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I hope you find a job soon Jennifer. You've been hoping/wanting it for so long. I hope you get lucky one of these days.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can't think of one. If there is a simple change that would make a positive impact, I've already seized it
Old 01-15-2018, 11:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not eating sugar. That's my goal for February.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
whew, that sounds like a tall order! I wish you luck with it!

That's a hard question! One that has made a big impact for me is daily meditation. Not only has it helped me in the moment for relaxation and mood balancing but I use mantras when meditating and it has helped me implement changes for myself that I desired as well.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Gosh this is an interesting question! I think I can actually say that stopping browsing on facebook in december has made the biggest impact. I'm getting simple things done a lot easier. I thought about it this morning as I got this dishes all done straight away. A month ago I would have gotten sucked into facebook before doing any of those simple chores.

In terms of changes I could make.. starting to go out for walks again I know would be an instant mood lifter! Gotta make that happen
Old 01-15-2018, 12:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Gosh this is an interesting question! I think I can actually say that stopping browsing on facebook in december has made the biggest impact. I'm getting simple things done a lot easier. I thought about it this morning as I got this dishes all done straight away. A month ago I would have gotten sucked into facebook before doing any of those simple chores.

In terms of changes I could make.. starting to go out for walks again I know would be an instant mood lifter! Gotta make that happen
I have to agree with you! I am rarely on FB anymore and it has made a big difference for me as well!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is a really good question. Something I should probably ask myself every day!

Maybe starting to make daily lists again would be a good place to start. I used to do that all the time, but stopped a couple of months ago.
I think I'm going to do that tonight... make a list for tomorrow!!
Old 01-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Going to bed earlier. (But now ask me if I'm going to give up that time to myself for scrapping or whatever...nope!)
Old 01-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been attempting to get up early to do The Miracle Morning but I am not an early riser. It seems like it would be a simple change (and I feel it would make a big impact) but it is SO not easy for me!!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I was thinking negative ..... my husband being medically retired from the Army

Positive .... will have to get back to you as all "simple" changes have been made and we are now looking in to the more long-term changes.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
No. You're wrong. Not eating sugar will be the worst thing that ever happens to you. I know this because I am in the middle of the January Whole30 and my life is the worst and all I want is for my coffee to taste like chocolate and to eat cookies when I'm hungry. Do I have a sugar dragon? Yes. He is my best friend, and I miss him and can't wait for this month to be over so we can be together again. Forever.

I'm joking/notjoking. A sugar free life sounds so free & admirable, but it.is.killing.me.

A simple change that has made SUCH a big impact is to not verbalize my complaints/criticisms. I read the book A Complaint Free World last year, and while I haven't gone the recommended 21 days without complaining/criticizing that he recommends, I have really made a conscious effort not to complain or criticize. It probably helps that I told my husband about my goal and he likes to "help" me by pointing out when I'm doing it, so I try really hard not to give him the satisfaction!

But seriously, other than whining about how much my Whole30 life sucks occasionally, I have really changed my attitude about my life
in the last few months by not complaining.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sugar fo me too. Last December I got my anual checkup result and my blood sugar is really high, twice higher than the borderline and it got me really scared because diabetes is in my father's side of family, and I don't want us to meet up every reunion with needles in our hands. So now I will have another check up for my glucose level and hopefully the doctor could give me something that will help lower down my bs without me using needle for insulin. That simple change would really make a big impcat in my health tis year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
No. You're wrong. Not eating sugar will be the worst thing that ever happens to you. I know this because I am in the middle of the January Whole30 and my life is the worst and all I want is for my coffee to taste like chocolate and to eat cookies when I'm hungry. Do I have a sugar dragon? Yes. He is my best friend, and I miss him and can't wait for this month to be over so we can be together again. Forever.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I"m working on it now! I"m quitting sugar in hopes that it will help me lose excess pounds. My knee caps don't align properly and so my bones rub and it's very painful. Walking has been so painful lately. Having extra weight on me doesn't help so I"m going to cut out sugar and hope I can lose some weight and have less paint in my knees

Old 01-16-2018, 03:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

These answers have been so inspiring! I loved reading them and I could apply some of those to my life as well.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Sugar fo me too. Last December I got my anual checkup result and my blood sugar is really high, twice higher than the borderline and it got me really scared because diabetes is in my father's side of family, and I don't want us to meet up every reunion with needles in our hands. So now I will have another check up for my glucose level and hopefully the doctor could give me something that will help lower down my bs without me using needle for insulin. That simple change would really make a big impcat in my health tis year.
Oh no, that's so scary.
Hope you get something that help you lower down without having to use needles.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
A simple change that has made SUCH a big impact is to not verbalize my complaints/criticisms. I read the book A Complaint Free World last year, and while I haven't gone the recommended 21 days without complaining/criticizing that he recommends, I have really made a conscious effort not to complain or criticize. It probably helps that I told my husband about my goal and he likes to "help" me by pointing out when I'm doing it, so I try really hard not to give him the satisfaction!
I bought the book last night after reading this and it is going to be a challenge for me!! I complain A LOT! YIKES! I haven't started reading it yet but eager to try it out!
Old 01-23-2018, 09:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Moving. I am so stressed out being under others eye / rules that I can't even function most days.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

...not having a 40 mile commute, in L.A. traffic. i have adjusted my hours so that i get in early and leave early (i.e., to avoid *peak* rush hour). it's nice to get off work early, but that also means i also need to go to bed early so that i can get up early. also, even though i get off work early, i don't actually get home until almost 5:00 anyway (which is about the time someone with "normal" hours gets home!). after i get home, i have just enough time for dinner and a little tv and then i need to get to bed. so much of my life is spent in traffic. i can never stay up late on the nights before i have work. i can never stay for the entire baseball game because i need to get up at 4:30 the following morning. i miss when i could get up at 7:00 to go to work, stay up as late as i want, and my drive was only 10-15 min.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cherry, insulin is not used to lower sugar levels in the beginning of a treatment. You can be on pills for many years before (if at all) starting insulin. You can try a low carb diet... it's not 100% sugar free because the body needs sugar but it's in very small quantities. Check with your doctor, of course, but I've been through this and am speaking of experience.

---

A simple change to make a big impact in my life is doing sports twice or three times a week. I started my zumba classes a month ago when the doc said it was OK after the C-section. I've been trying to eat "right" but those hormones after the pregnancy are actually not working in my favor. So, adding a sports routine is a life charger. I'm starting slowly to get in better shape!
--
Mama to Albert
Old 01-25-2018, 02:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A personal chef. Really. Someone come cook for me!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

I actually don't eat sugar. That was a super hard change but I am so much more healthy. My next change should be working out but I really don't like it!!!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Sleeping more than 4 hours a day. When I sleep 6 hours, I feel so much better. I just have never figured out how to sleep more than 4 hours on a regular basis.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What an interesting question. When I first clicked on this thread I thought the question was 'what change in my life has had the biggest impact.' Thinking about WHAT would have an impact is a totally different thought.

Getting all my ducks in a row and finally getting into school would have the biggest impact right now. I'm working on it, but there's so many details and every time I think I'm on track something else pops up.

That or, moving back to Mi.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagrrl View Post
...not having a 40 mile commute, in L.A. traffic. i have adjusted my hours so that i get in early and leave early (i.e., to avoid *peak* rush hour). it's nice to get off work early, but that also means i also need to go to bed early so that i can get up early. also, even though i get off work early, i don't actually get home until almost 5:00 anyway (which is about the time someone with "normal" hours gets home!). after i get home, i have just enough time for dinner and a little tv and then i need to get to bed. so much of my life is spent in traffic. i can never stay up late on the nights before i have work. i can never stay for the entire baseball game because i need to get up at 4:30 the following morning. i miss when i could get up at 7:00 to go to work, stay up as late as i want, and my drive was only 10-15 min.
Oh Ginger, I can definitely relate!!! I L.A. traffic is no joke! I hope it works out so you don't have to spend so much time in traffic.