Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default who is doing project life??

what do you guys think?? I'm really thinking about starting but I'm waiting to see the new releases in November.

How are you doing with keeping up with it?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is it?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
What is it?
I was wondering too
Old 08-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

im curious too

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Are you referring to Becky Higgins' version of P365? I have daily photos - but fell off the bandwagon for scrapping them...
Old 08-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing it since the beginning of the year and I love it! I find I don't have as much time as I used to for regular scrapping, so this let's me at least get *something* documented. I do take a photo a day but I'm also adding tons of extras to the basic kit - memorabilia, extra sheet protectors for photo collages, etc. I'm actually really proud of myself because I'm totally up-to-date on it.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's a link to Project Life.
http://www.beckyhiggins.com/products/

Ali Edwards has been doing it...
http://aliedwards.com/projects/365-project-life

You could do this digitally. Traci Reed's Slip Ins would be a great way to start!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm doing this for 2012. I have wanted to do it for several years, but now with the baby coming I want to do it even more. I plan to do the baby albums and stuff digitally, but I still want to be able to collect memorabilia and stuff too. This way it will capture the last 2 months of life without baby, and then the first 10 months or so of babies life. I'm really excited I plan to keep it out all the time like Ali does, and get my husband and family to chime in with journaling when they can/visit/what-have-you.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have serious scrappers envy over Ali Edward's Project Life. I've been thinking about trying a digital version for the month of September and seeing how it goes. I just don't know that our lives are "that" exciting, but I know there are little stories I'm missing and maybe this project would help capture more of that.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to do with a mix of digital and memorabilia. How are you guys planning on doing that?

Last edited by julifish; 08-09-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing it!!! I am a little behind and need to catch up, but love how it can be easy to document the daily life with no need to open PS, no need to use glue or anything. She have a sneak peek of the new Project Life products coming this fall...

All About ME
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post
I have serious scrappers envy over Ali Edward's Project Life. I've been thinking about trying a digital version for the month of September and seeing how it goes. I just don't know that our lives are "that" exciting, but I know there are little stories I'm missing and maybe this project would help capture more of that.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to do with a mix of digital and memorabilia. How are you guys planning on doing that?
If you did it digital but printed the pages individually, you could use divided page protectors to add in your memorabilia. Sort of a hybrid approach I guess.
I'm not sure how you would make it work if you printed a photobook instead. That's kind of why I'm doing it as a standard paper album, so I can corral all the baby goodness into one spot. Although that plan may get tweaked next year as things progress. IDK.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I started my Project Life in July so it's pretty new but I'm liking it so far. I did a blog post about it here with an example of one of my spreads.

I'm a little behind right now since I put Project Life on hold to do A Week In the Life. I'm doing my Project Life to document the last year of my 20s so my album will go end of May '11 to end of May '12 since that's when I'm turning 30.

If you're excited about doing Project Life, I would argue you just start now. I've found I much prefer to start these big projects in the middle of the year rather than at the beginning of the year when I'm usually burnt out from the holidays and the photo-ops aren't as good since it's the middle of winter. It's much easier to get through winter when I'm already in the groove of taking photos and such.

Plus the great thing about Project Life is it's super adaptable so once the new products come out, you can easily add those in to your album going forward and it won't even matter.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM

profile gallery send pm

I totally hear ya Lynnette. I thought about just starting, but I want to see the new products first. I have a few other things going on in the mean time to keep me busy anyway, lol! Growing a human, the pregnancy album that I still haven't started cuz I can stand to sit at the computer at night, I'm dead set on getting my December daily for this year actually done, etc etc etc.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Are you referring to Becky Higgins' version of P365? I have daily photos - but fell off the bandwagon for scrapping them...
yep exactly!! or Liz or Ali Edwards takes on them. They both use project life too. Just wondering how everyone does with doing your project 365/life with that scrapbooking format.

I'm just as excited I do have Ali envy too!! she simplifies it, but captures everything.

I'm having such a problem with trying to paper scrap thats where I'm worried. Its such a great looking album tho.

Last edited by suze; 08-09-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbina View Post
I'm doing it!!! I am a little behind and need to catch up, but love how it can be easy to document the daily life with no need to open PS, no need to use glue or anything. She have a sneak peek of the new Project Life products coming this fall...
!
Thats what I like about it too! I figured I would still add in some digital layouts too as I go. Print them in 8x10 and place an insert into the album!

I love the fall releases, but I have to wait another month to see the new ones
Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I started my Project Life in July so it's pretty new but I'm liking it so far. I did a blog post about it here with an example of one of my spreads.

I'm a little behind right now since I put Project Life on hold to do A Week In the Life. I'm doing my Project Life to document the last year of my 20s so my album will go end of May '11 to end of May '12 since that's when I'm turning 30.

If you're excited about doing Project Life, I would argue you just start now. I've found I much prefer to start these big projects in the middle of the year rather than at the beginning of the year when I'm usually burnt out from the holidays and the photo-ops aren't as good since it's the middle of winter. It's much easier to get through winter when I'm already in the groove of taking photos and such.

Plus the great thing about Project Life is it's super adaptable so once the new products come out, you can easily add those in to your album going forward and it won't even matter.
thats very true!! I keep thinking about waiting to see what her new releases will be, but I plan on doing a leather album, and I'll be doing some different journal cards anyway...

I refuse to start anything new until I finish this darn Baby Album! Tho I should step away and re-think it.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
I totally hear ya Lynnette. I thought about just starting, but I want to see the new products first. I have a few other things going on in the mean time to keep me busy anyway, lol! Growing a human, the pregnancy album that I still haven't started cuz I can stand to sit at the computer at night, I'm dead set on getting my December daily for this year actually done, etc etc etc.
sounds like my task list!!

except not PREGNANT lol

I wanna do her baby album, finish up her baby layouts, figure out how I wanna do it all

and I really for sure wanna do December daily!!! Every year I love it and so going for that. I actually finished week in the life, so I'm off to a good start actually finishing something.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Celeste* View Post
You could do this digitally. Traci Reed's Slip Ins would be a great way to start!
Ok. This is probably a stupid question, but how would I use the Slip ins? Do I need to get the templates also? I love the look of them but I guess I'm confused on how to use them.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
Ok. This is probably a stupid question, but how would I use the Slip ins? Do I need to get the templates also? I love the look of them but I guess I'm confused on how to use them.
no, the templates are different... you can go through Traci's gallery and see how they're used and Traci also has an awesome tutorial on her blog.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have been doing Project Life since the beginning of the year and I absolutely LOVE it! It is the first time I've kept up with actually documenting our lives and including the little details in our lives. I do a 2 page spread/week, but not necessarily one picture per day, just however it works out. The great part about it is that the stuff is pre-made and coordinating so it's really easy; you can slip in lots of miscellaneous stuff like receipts, tags, hotel key cards, whatever you want. Since I'm photography obsessed, I tend to use lots of pictures and add some additional inserts (or even an 8x8 scrapbook page) for them as needed.

One other thing I'll mention that may be a little controversial to scrapbookers. One of the reasons I fell behind with my scrapbooking was that I'd try to do a page for every "set" of pictures that I'd have. So, if in one week we went to the zoo, to a fun restaurant, an evening walk as a family and took the dog to the groomer, I'd end up making 4 completely separate pages (which took forever to select the photos, select the kit, scrap etc). In PL way, I have one or 2 photos from each event added to the one spread in PL and it actually lets me get it DONE.

And I find as the kids get older, we tend to repeat a lot of things that I don't necessarily want to scrap again - like how many times do I have to scrapbook us going to a soccer game when my son has been playing soccer for 7 years?). In PL, I can just throw in a picture of a soccer game here or there to show that it's still part of our lives. It ends up being much more representative of our everyday lives where it's a whole jumble of things all together!

So, I love it. I do still make traditional scrapbook pages for special events or for pictures that I particularly love, but this really lets me document our day-to-day lives in a way I've never been able to accomplish before.

Oh, and of course, you can make your own PL either digitally or in hard copy. It's very similar to the p365 pages that people do. I find the pre-made aspect of it very easy, but you could easily select a digital kit or 2 that coordinate and pre-print a bunch of stuff to use in the PL page protectors. That way you'd have the ease of having it pre-made and still be able to use whatever kits you like. Or you could just do it more like a digital P365. I don't really like the digital versions of the real PL -- too restrictive and I don't think you "own" the page so that you could use it in your own book. I think you just finish it and then they print it for you.

Last edited by DawnMarch; 08-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
no, the templates are different... you can go through Traci's gallery and see how they're used and Traci also has an awesome tutorial on her blog.
Thank you. Going to check it out.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to try the page protectors and mix traditional andsome digital stuff to print out. It might be easier. Doing one month for a try and if it works then I might keep it going.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Might sound totally off, but I would love this for the photos and stories from my previous workplace... and maybe from my current one as well. Except that I don't trust myself to really be able to create it... Anything project-ish sounds like too much effort right now (but right now I'm very uncreative). Still, once I feel creative again I think this might be perfect for what I have in mind.

Irma, what format are those slip-ins? I have loads of photos printed at 10 x 15 cm (I think), do you think they might fit? I ask you because you are from Europe, too, and the formats may not be compatible.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Irma, what format are those slip-ins? I have loads of photos printed at 10 x 15 cm (I think), do you think they might fit? I ask you because you are from Europe, too, and the formats may not be compatible.

I'm confused... Traci's Slip-ins are digital... or are you talking about the page protectors?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I'm confused... Traci's Slip-ins are digital... or are you talking about the page protectors?
Oh, yes, the page protectors... Sorry for the confusion!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I have been doing Project Life since the beginning of the year and I absolutely LOVE it! It is the first time I've kept up with actually documenting our lives and including the little details in our lives. I do a 2 page spread/week, but not necessarily one picture per day, just however it works out. The great part about it is that the stuff is pre-made and coordinating so it's really easy; you can slip in lots of miscellaneous stuff like receipts, tags, hotel key cards, whatever you want. Since I'm photography obsessed, I tend to use lots of pictures and add some additional inserts (or even an 8x8 scrapbook page) for them as needed.

One other thing I'll mention that may be a little controversial to scrapbookers. One of the reasons I fell behind with my scrapbooking was that I'd try to do a page for every "set" of pictures that I'd have. So, if in one week we went to the zoo, to a fun restaurant, an evening walk as a family and took the dog to the groomer, I'd end up making 4 completely separate pages (which took forever to select the photos, select the kit, scrap etc). In PL way, I have one or 2 photos from each event added to the one spread in PL and it actually lets me get it DONE.

And I find as the kids get older, we tend to repeat a lot of things that I don't necessarily want to scrap again - like how many times do I have to scrapbook us going to a soccer game when my son has been playing soccer for 7 years?). In PL, I can just throw in a picture of a soccer game here or there to show that it's still part of our lives. It ends up being much more representative of our everyday lives where it's a whole jumble of things all together!

So, I love it. I do still make traditional scrapbook pages for special events or for pictures that I particularly love, but this really lets me document our day-to-day lives in a way I've never been able to accomplish before.

Oh, and of course, you can make your own PL either digitally or in hard copy. It's very similar to the p365 pages that people do. I find the pre-made aspect of it very easy, but you could easily select a digital kit or 2 that coordinate and pre-print a bunch of stuff to use in the PL page protectors. That way you'd have the ease of having it pre-made and still be able to use whatever kits you like. Or you could just do it more like a digital P365. I don't really like the digital versions of the real PL -- too restrictive and I don't think you "own" the page so that you could use it in your own book. I think you just finish it and then they print it for you.
this is fantastic!! its exactly how I feel and I'm really excited now!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've come up with an idea to really try it out! I'm going to pick up some 12x12 page protectors that split into 4x6 areas and start inserting photos and journaling cards that I cut with my cricut and and start to document Emma's 1 st year this way and see how I like it. I have a bunch of baby stuff like documents and accessories that I can't really get to paper scrap right, so I need to do something. It will be a great test for myself anyway. I for some reason can only scrap digitally!!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There is a forum and gallery at Big Picture Classes devoted to Project Life. It's great inspiration. You have to sign up to see it, but sign up is free.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
There is a forum and gallery at Big Picture Classes devoted to Project Life. It's great inspiration. You have to sign up to see it, but sign up is free.
I'll try to check it out! I signed up for week in the life there... didn't look but once