Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-02-2020, 10:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Fingers crossed for us, please...

Well, we're househunting. Our most beloved neighbours ever decided to move a few months ago and it made us realize that it might be time for us to move on too. So...tomorrow we are going to view a house that, on paper & photos, looks like the perfect house for us. We're all pretty excited but we also know that the housemarket is ridiculous over here in the Netherlands at the moment. People are bidding €30.000 over asking price just to secure the purchase so..we know that if we really love this house, we are going to have to bid more. I am not too anxious about buying a house......I am pretty anxious about selling ours but trying not to stress about that until we a bid an a new house is accepted
Old 09-02-2020, 10:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Old 09-02-2020, 10:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly for you!
Thank you...we hope so too ! Our neighbours house is for sale and they already have 13 viewings !! That just shows how crazy the market is at the moment. I think a big positive about selling our house is that it's a starters home and those are in huge demand.

Anyway, I do hope that tomorrows house doesn't disappoint. It looks amazing online and even Jasper loves it (he hasn't loved the other houses we considered).
Old 09-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! I hope you love it and are able to get it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! I hope it's what you want, and you can get it for a reasonable price.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! I love house hunting...moving not so much. Both my brother and Dad are realtors so I moved around our small, small town a lot as a kid. We looked a ton of homes. I hope you can find the perfect one for your family.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Good luck!
Old 09-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

aaw I really hope the house is up to your standards! Can we see?? I love looking through house listings. But I understand if you would prefer to keep it private.

Good luck! And let us know how it goes!
Old 09-02-2020, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good luck, Biancka! I hope it works out for you!
Old 09-03-2020, 02:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Good luck!! Fingers crossed!!!

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-03-2020, 08:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

best of luck, holding everything for you. please let us know when you know xx
Old 09-04-2020, 11:51 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We plan to stay in our house for another 6 years, but I was just thinking the other day how sad I would be if our neighbors all left. We spend so much time with them. Even the two that left our street just went to the other side of the neighborhood so the kids can still ride bike. Good luck with your house hunting!
Old 09-04-2020, 12:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! We just got new next door neighbors (the old ones were kinda strange & never outside, all windows shut-up etc.) and they seem really great! BUT- the price they paid is almost double of what we bought our house for and we have a completely finished basement with another bedroom/bathroom compared to them! It's SUPER tempting to sell right now- but man- I HATE moving with a passion. And I think we would just end up spending way more on the other side finding a house to fit us now. I think we're better off waiting until kids are grown & out of the house & then sell & significantly downsize!
Old 09-05-2020, 12:41 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Good luck, Biancka! I hope you get a house, which you all will really love!
Old 09-05-2020, 02:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Good luck! Are you looking to stay in the same town or are you moving further away?
Old 09-05-2020, 07:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
aaw I really hope the house is up to your standards! Can we see?? I love looking through house listings. But I understand if you would prefer to keep it private.

Good luck! And let us know how it goes!
Yes, you can see. This was the house we viewed I do have to say.....big disappointment for us. First one was the view from the window when you sit on the sofa. You look at your car because the window faces the carport. No, not a fan. Second one was....lot of houses behind this house so a lot of people who can peep into your home. Again, not a fan and the last bit was the bathroom. OMG, it stank when we went in the bathroom. The radiator was rusted, things were peeling off from handles and the lights above the mirror...no, no no. Oh, and the flooring upstairs was very badly damaged. I think we would have to spend at least another €30.000 to make it all OK. I know I would not want to get ready/shower in that bathroom how it is right now. So....onto the next property for us. We're in no rush
Old 09-05-2020, 07:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Good luck! Are you looking to stay in the same town or are you moving further away?
We don't want to move too far away from this town. We love it here and both our parents live in the same town which we think is great We have found out that this town is pretty expensive for what we want in our new home so we might have to stretch our budget a bit more for that perfect home.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:42 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Good luck! We just got new next door neighbors (the old ones were kinda strange & never outside, all windows shut-up etc.) and they seem really great! BUT- the price they paid is almost double of what we bought our house for and we have a completely finished basement with another bedroom/bathroom compared to them! It's SUPER tempting to sell right now- but man- I HATE moving with a passion. And I think we would just end up spending way more on the other side finding a house to fit us now. I think we're better off waiting until kids are grown & out of the house & then sell & significantly downsize!
Oh wow, double !! That is an amazing profit on a house for sure. I do get it why you want to wait though..I am not very fond of moving either but if our new neighbours are a pain...we will be moving for sure. Hopefully the new neighbours are nice and if they are...we might decide to stay here. House is big enough for when Jasper moves out but storage can be an issue here. I would love a garage next to our home to free up a lot of livingspace inside the home. One can dream, no?
Old 09-05-2020, 07:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
We plan to stay in our house for another 6 years, but I was just thinking the other day how sad I would be if our neighbors all left. We spend so much time with them. Even the two that left our street just went to the other side of the neighborhood so the kids can still ride bike. Good luck with your house hunting!
I know what you mean...I am very sad about our neighbours moving. Best neighbours we ever had for sure. We won't ever be neighbours again because we cannot afford the house they bought. I wanted to contact their current neighbour (60yo woman living on her own in a huge house) and see if she was willing to sell to us. LOL We didn't do that but it still sounds very tempting to us.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fingers crossed for you that you find the perfect home for your family and are able to sell yours quickly. We'll be selling/buying in a few yrs and will start looking around next year at areas and pricing.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry the house was disappointing. It's really tough buying in a hot market.
Houses here are sold within days of listing. I'm really glad we bought when we did. Although, we really haven't met many of our neighbors. I guess we're kind of that "weird" family that is always inside. My mom (being disabled) doesn't like going out much. I want to go take walks, but I can't talk anyone into going with me. I guess I'll have to go by myself! LOL!

The only thing I wish was different about our house is that we had more land, and were outside of an HOA. I'd love to have chickens, and maybe goats.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Yes, you can see. This was the house we viewed I do have to say.....big disappointment for us. First one was the view from the window when you sit on the sofa. You look at your car because the window faces the carport. No, not a fan. Second one was....lot of houses behind this house so a lot of people who can peep into your home. Again, not a fan and the last bit was the bathroom. OMG, it stank when we went in the bathroom. The radiator was rusted, things were peeling off from handles and the lights above the mirror...no, no no. Oh, and the flooring upstairs was very badly damaged. I think we would have to spend at least another €30.000 to make it all OK. I know I would not want to get ready/shower in that bathroom how it is right now. So....onto the next property for us. We're in no rush
That looked pretty good from the photos! It almost looks like a store front with the little bench. But it's too bad that it weren't what you were looking for. It wasn't meant to be!
Old 09-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The photos of that home are gorgeous, but I get what you mean about it not being what you wanted. We've never bought a house, but I can't imagine us EVER agreeing on what we want if we do buy one! Joel wants to live in the country and I want to live in walking distance from everywhere I need to go. We might agree on the details of a house, but we'd never agree on the location.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
Sorry it was a big disappointment. When we bought our last house in 2012, there was a lot of that. We looked at A LOT of houses before we found our home -- which ended up being our 3rd offer and $37K over asking price because we were in a competitive situation with multiple pre-inspections, etc. I'm a real estate nerd for sure. I still get the alerts and look at houses that come up for sale. With that said, once you find "the one" it's the best feeling!
Old 09-05-2020, 10:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry it was a disappointment! The open space in the photos is beautiful, but in photos it's easy to hide the kind of flaws you found.

In 2005 when we moved into this house (our first single family house) we thought we'd probably move once more. We bought something that we thought would meet our needs long term just in case, and it's a good thing we did! We live in an area where there tend to be two kinds of houses. There are houses like ours which were built in the late 1970's through mid-1980's and there are much newer luxury homes that sell for around $1 million. We could afford to move up to a bigger and nicer home, but we'd still have to stick with the older ones. We're afraid to move into a more expensive house the same age as ours because these houses are reaching an age where they need more costly maintenance. We love our kids' schools too much to move out of the area, and once our kids are grown we'll have no need for the bigger house. So I guess we're here for the long haul!