Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Angry My presets keep disappearing...

Im using PS CS6, and it's been happening for a long while now, but I have finally had enough of this and Im ready to resolve this problem, if possible. I have all of my styles, swatches, brushes, etc that I have purchased (or made) all loaded into PS. Everything will be working fine for a couple weeks and then out of the blue when I open PS it will be 'blank' (as if I just loaded the software... all of my settings and presets are gone) and I have to go back through and set it all up again (Ive resorted to making an action for it, so one click or so and it's all set back up again, but even so, how annoying!). Does anyone else have this issue or know of a way to resolve this? Im on a mac, in case that helps.

Thanks for any help ya might be able to toss my way :-)
Old 12-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hi Sandy. No, not on the CC, it's just the old fashion way, loaded with a disk. I haven't gone to the CC except to use my Adobe Illustrator to make word art to use in my Cameo (So I dont even know much about the CC....but wish they didnt go that route, sigh).
Old 12-31-2013, 03:09 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a solution, but I've been experiencing a similar issue (not on cloud) I don't lose EVERYTHING.. but i do lose my overlays, and my interface preferences. It's infuriating and random. I feel your frustration
Old 12-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Same thing happens to me...randomly all my presets and preferences are reset and I have to redo everything - makes me CRAZY! I haven't found a solution yet either...I'm on a PC
Old 12-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Same for me Lauren, sometimes (often the case) it's everything.. but sometimes it's only my interface settings.. and someones only my presets .... but often, it's everything. So annoying!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Erica, Im not happy it's happening to you as well, but I am happy to know it's not just a mac thing. I started to wonder if my mac was being temperamental!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Normally this happens when the program isn't shut down properly. Are you force quitting or having problems with PS closing?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have CS5 on a Mac and I have to force quit nearly everytime I shut down Photoshop. I lose all my presets when I force close, which is pretty much every time! Very frustrating and I don't know a solution!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

This used to happen to me when I had CS5 as well, but since switching to CC, I haven't had an issue. It used to drive me crazy!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I have to force quit, but not usually. Im going to start keeping a log of when I force quit/not compared to when I have issues/not, to see if theres a pattern.

It drives me bonkers!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can almost guarantee that is what the issue is. If your program is interrupted when you're shutting down the preferences don't get written and consequently, it corrupts your preferences. Once your preferences are corrupted, Photoshop resets everything to the defaults. Sometimes all of my preferences get wiped out and sometimes it's limited to certain type (i.e. styles, brushes, etc). It's a total PITB! Generally speaking, it's good to only load the styles, shapes, patterns and brushes you frequently use, since the more you have the more the system gets bogged down. You might want to try resetting them manually to see if that clear out your corrupted file.

http://www.margaretmarsh.com/tips/ph...prefs_info.htm
Old 12-31-2013, 09:39 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Also - you can create and save a customized Workspace so that things like which panels you have showing and where they are located are saved. Then, if your workspace gets messed up, all you have to do is set it back to your saved custom Workspace and you don't have to redo everything.

That doesn't help for things like styles, brushes, actions, etc. But . . .