Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default What to get 9 year old girl?

I really have no idea what to get for Christmas my 9 year old daughter. She hasn't given me a list. I don't think she knows herself what she would like. I know I will get her few outfits from Justice, but what else? Awhile back she asked for iPhone 6 but that's not happening.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughters are 10. They love journals, sketchpads, books, American girl dolls, Breyer horse toys, Friends Legos.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DD is 8.5. Here are a few ideas from her list:

Tapefetti
Fashion Design Workshop book
iPod Touch
Holiday Barbie 2014
Ever After High dolls
Winx Club: Saving Alfea - Nintendo 3DS game
iTunes gift card
Hexbug fish with bowl
Hello Kitty scrapbook
Old 12-08-2014, 03:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm giving my 8 and 10 yr olds bedroom makeovers. They've outgrown their current decor.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My 9 year old didn't really ask for a lot either but she wants journaling and art supplies, books to read, and candy! I am not sure what else to get her either! LOL!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What to get 9 year old girl?

My daughter is 9 1/2, she's getting Legos, a kindle fire 6 hd, sew cool sewing machine, outfits for her american girls, beads to make jewelry, a Barbie, ever after high doll, books, nerf rebelle cross bow thing.

And some other things, but those where the big ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Adrienne is 10 and she wants one of those Nerf Rebelle Cross Bow and Arrows,
Old 12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My almost 9 year old wanted anything makeup/nail polish, Doh Vinci art, a Flutterbye fairy, Friends Lego, art stuff, Monster High school bag, Shopkins... one direction perfume... the list goes on. I find girls of this age easy, here so many stores cater to them. But my 12 year old boy is almost impossible.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm giving my 10 year old niece a Loopdedoo Spinning Loom Kit. Zulily currently has them for a terrific price [along with several other crafty kits]. I'm now also thinking about snagging one for my very crafty 9 year old son as well, he loves to make and exchange Rainbow Loom bracelets with his friends and think he'll enjoy making these simpler versions of friendship bracelets.

Last edited by lingovise; 12-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My 9 y/o daughter asked for clothes (Justice, OF COURSE!), books, and craft stuff - Rainbow Loom stuff, duct tape, etc

Gallery
Old 12-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In some ways I think anyone under about 14 is easier than my 23 year old cousin. One year I bought earings, then the following year she was selling them on the equivalent of Ebay-not impressed, so now I stick to gift cards for her

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What about the Doodle Crate? It's artsy, and you can get a package that works for your budget. Seems fun and creative...
http://doodle.kiwicrate.com

I don't have a girl, but I think the Kiwi Crates and Tinker Crates are cool too! I think those are going to be for my boys! (10 and 6.5)

Old 12-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

My daughter is 9 and she wants/asked for:
LEGO Friends sets, Justice GC's, American Girl accessories/clothes, Monster High & Ever After High dolls, Dolphin Tale 1&2, makeup, jewelry (Claire's GC), an aquarium, karaoke machine, Sculpey clay & supplies, and anything Minecraftelated.

She got a Nerf Rebelle crossbow last year and loved it; this year we are probably going to sign her up for archery class (will put a certificate for it in her stocking)
Old 12-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
My daughter is 9 and she wants/asked for:
LEGO Friends sets, Justice GC's, American Girl accessories/clothes, Monster High & Ever After High dolls, Dolphin Tale 1&2, makeup, jewelry (Claire's GC), an aquarium, karaoke machine, Sculpey clay & supplies, and anything Minecraftelated.

She got a Nerf Rebelle crossbow last year and loved it; this year we are probably going to sign her up for archery class (will put a certificate for it in her stocking)
Have you thought about signing her up for Shooting Sports through the 4H Stacy? She can join at nine and Oklahoma has a really good program.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
But my 12 year old boy is almost impossible.
Tell me about it! My oldest is 11. He's at that in between age where he has outgrown toys, isn't interested in clothes, and already has all the electronics we want him to have. In the long term he appreciates gift cards (ie, 3 months down the road when there's something he wants to buy) but he isn't excited to open them. He's getting a video game, a few science kits that I hope will grab his attention (building a motor, gummy candy making), books, a Sports Illustrated for Kids subscription, and some cash and gift cards.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Tell me about it! My oldest is 11. He's at that in between age where he has outgrown toys, isn't interested in clothes, and already has all the electronics we want him to have. In the long term he appreciates gift cards (ie, 3 months down the road when there's something he wants to buy) but he isn't excited to open them. He's getting a video game, a few science kits that I hope will grab his attention (building a motor, gummy candy making), books, a Sports Illustrated for Kids subscription, and some cash and gift cards.
My DH said..."at that age 11 (or 12) I started programming. Time to turn them from a consumer of electronics to a creator of electronics."

Science kits sound like a great idea!

My son is only 8 and I can already see that what's coming is the change where boys have to make the switch from being entertained to learning a real life skill be it carpentry, car mechanics, cooking, house painting, gardening, or whatever. I think this is especially important that someone actually take the time to teach boys practical skills of how to make their way in the world. I'm sure there are exceptions, but most of the girls I know have this creative hutzpah already. But somehow the boys need a kick in the pants.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

My 9 year old granddaughter asked for a spirograph! --and lots of paper! Remember those?? She also loves legos--but we got her legos friends kits for her birthday in September.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think you have some pretty good ideas already. My DD is 12 and she hates clothes so finding things for her is always hard.

Older kids/adult color books - I've seen lots at Michael's. They are more complex shapes to color in or prompts for doodling. I got this along with some new colored pencils and some watercolor pencils. I also got some awesome colored gel pens at Costco and little pencil pouches at Michaels. There is a book called Wreck This Journal at Target (or Amazon) and that looks like a lot of fun. Not so doodly but more about expressing themselves.

Gift Certificates for classes/experiences - We've done baseball tickets, hockey tickets, Painting With a Twist kids classes, Michael's art classes, basketball camp over break, etc. If she has a hobby or an interest maybe you can find an upcoming camp, event and get her a ticket or take her yourself to something like a play.

Does she still like to play outside? My daughter still likes to play with the neighborhood kids so we are replenishing our outdoor toys. New football, basketball, orange cones (they come up with cool uses for these when they make up their own games), paddle ball, tennis balls, flag football belts (Target), wiffle balls. All things you can be creative with in the front yard.

A little purse filled with lip gloss (my girls love EOS - and Ulta has a $5 off $10 on their website. I got 2 of the Rachel Roy EOS sets for $6 over the weekend and they are cute!), light colored nail polish, candy, movie pass, etc. They have super cute crossbody purses that are smaller in size at Charming Charlie.

Vera Bradley purses and backpacks are super popular here starting in 4th grade and going up through middle school here. They have good sales this time of year too. Lunch boxes, small purses, backpacks.

Origami Owl necklace. The small locket will fit one charm and one little gem stone perfectly and it's a nice person gift as you can pick the charm based on what she likes. Then over time she can get new charms and switch them out.

Jewelry box or organizer, with some earrings or bracelets depending on what she likes and can wear to school.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ladies for some great suggestions. Many great ideas here.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
Have you thought about signing her up for Shooting Sports through the 4H Stacy? She can join at nine and Oklahoma has a really good program.
Marla, we had talked about it at one point, and to be honest, with the move last month, it totally dropped off of my radar. I'll look into it after New Year's.